Republican presidential candidate debate #1

Real Life Events.

Go off topic and I will break you!

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Re: Republican presidential candidate debate #1

Postby Harrison » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:03 am

I agree with you entirely, I'm not praising the guy in general, I'm praising the cutting them off part.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Kaemon » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:51 pm

He also stated that he will be hiring 70k new employees within the year and he urges all companies to do the same and stop sitting on their money. He deserves an applause.
Adivina wrote:We are the most bipolar acting community, bunch of manics with the mood swings on here.
Kaemon
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby brinstar » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:42 pm

i'd like to see a competent Dem or Indo rise up and challenge obama. i still like the barackstar but aside from the healthcare reform bill i have to admit he's been pretty lame in office - and if he puts his seal of approval on the Keystone XL pipeline i'm going to go ahead and completely turn my back on him. i don't think the dems would be foolish enough to risk sending someone up against him in 2012 and weaken his reelection campaign, but honestly i'd still rather see kucinich take a stab at it

as for the GOP side of things, i'm not exaggerating when i say i think the entire field is a pack of raving lunatics who are so out of touch with the people that they're alienating other republicans. simply put i don't think any of them really come from the America that the average voter, brother, dad, cousin, etc comes from, and some of them (bachmann) haven't even been to our America on vacation.

and finally as much as i loathe what the Tea Party is, what its goals are, and who funds it - i can't bring myself to hate on Ron Paul. is he a nut? yeah! but for fucks' sake, he's the only one out there who seems to have any sort of brains about him. smaller and more efficient federal government, increased states' rights, massive drawdown of unsustainable and unpopular global military activities/presence? holy shit, i can actually get behind some of these things.

no wonder the media is ignoring him:

Jon Stewart says the media has made Paul the "thirteenth floor of a hotel"
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Arlos » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:27 am

I agree, there's some things about Paul that I actually really like.

Unfortunately, there's other things where he's at LEAST as whacko as Bachmann, if not moreso.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Gypsiyee » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:32 am

Kaemon wrote:He also stated that he will be hiring 70k new employees within the year and he urges all companies to do the same and stop sitting on their money. He deserves an applause.

and if and when those mere words actually come to fruition and there are 70k hirings, I'll be right there applauding with you.
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Narrock » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:40 pm

Arlos wrote:I agree, there's some things about Paul that I actually really like.

Unfortunately, there's other things where he's at LEAST as whacko as Bachmann, if not moreso.

-Arlos

With Bachmann's comment about "Let's say happy birthday to Elvis" when it was actually his date of death, makes me think she's kinda stupid... so she's out as far as I'm concerned.
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Narrock » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:42 pm

I actually like a lot of what Perry says. But just because he has that southern drawl and swagger, ignorant people are lumping him in with Bush. Perry and Bush are much different, Perry being more conservative. I still like Herman Cain the best. He wants to bring his successful business tactics to the White House, put a 20% tariff on goods imported from China, AND strengthen our borders and NOT grant amnesty to illegals, but rather either round em up and ship em back or demand payment in oil from Mexico for harboring their illegals who are leaching our funds dry... medical costs, education, etc. If Mexico wants to keep helping their people cross our border illegally, then they should also give us billions of barrels of oil to pay for them. That is brilliant.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby numatu » Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:31 pm

Tariffs are never a good idea...
numatu
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Drem » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:53 pm

Narrock wrote: AND strengthen our borders and NOT grant amnesty to illegals, but rather either round em up and ship em back or demand payment in oil from Mexico for harboring their illegals who are leaching our funds dry... medical costs, education, etc. If Mexico wants to keep helping their people cross our border illegally, then they should also give us billions of barrels of oil to pay for them. That is brilliant.

thank god you inconsiderate fucks aren't getting your way and this just happened http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/2 ... 32078.html
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Narrock » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:00 pm

numatu wrote:Tariffs are never a good idea...

We can't sell OUR products in China. How fair is that?
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Narrock » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:02 pm

Drem wrote:
Narrock wrote: AND strengthen our borders and NOT grant amnesty to illegals, but rather either round em up and ship em back or demand payment in oil from Mexico for harboring their illegals who are leaching our funds dry... medical costs, education, etc. If Mexico wants to keep helping their people cross our border illegally, then they should also give us billions of barrels of oil to pay for them. That is brilliant.

thank god you inconsiderate fucks aren't getting your way and this just happened http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/2 ... 32078.html

Fuck La Raza. That is the most racist organization on the planet under the guise of an Hispanic advocacy rights group. Anyway, go ahead and grant amnesty... then send Mexico the bill.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Tuggan » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:35 pm

Really creeps me out when I find myself nodding in agreement to something Mindia posts. :(
Tuggan
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Arlos » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:24 am

While rounding up all the illegals and deporting them is, at least from one viewpoint, a reasonable CONCEPT, it completely fails the reality test.

How, exactly, are you going to identify 15 million people and deport them? Without making mistakes and deporting legal citizens? (seeing as how right NOW US citizens are mistakenly getting deported every day, or nearly so) Also, how are you going to do this without it turning into a racist witch-hunt? How are you going to do it without turning this into a police vs. hispanic community fight, as people stonewall to protect family, friends, or just out of principle?

Those not-inconsiderable issues aside, the plan doesn't even begin to count the LOGISTIC issues of rounding up and transporting more people than the ENTIRE population of Illinois (yes, including Chicago)? That's about the same amount of people that live in Nebraska, Missouri, Iowa and Kansas COMBINED. How long do you think it would take to forcibly round up every single person across those 4 states, put them on a bus or train, and ship them hundreds of miles away? How much would that COST?

No, it's simply an impossibility. Anyone proposing it, or believing that it's actually a viable solution simply has lost all touch with reality on that issue. There is simply no way it can happen.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Narrock » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:38 am

Arlos wrote:While rounding up all the illegals and deporting them is, at least from one viewpoint, a reasonable CONCEPT, it completely fails the reality test.

How, exactly, are you going to identify 15 million people and deport them? Without making mistakes and deporting legal citizens? (seeing as how right NOW US citizens are mistakenly getting deported every day, or nearly so) Also, how are you going to do this without it turning into a racist witch-hunt? How are you going to do it without turning this into a police vs. hispanic community fight, as people stonewall to protect family, friends, or just out of principle?

Those not-inconsiderable issues aside, the plan doesn't even begin to count the LOGISTIC issues of rounding up and transporting more people than the ENTIRE population of Illinois (yes, including Chicago)? That's about the same amount of people that live in Nebraska, Missouri, Iowa and Kansas COMBINED. How long do you think it would take to forcibly round up every single person across those 4 states, put them on a bus or train, and ship them hundreds of miles away? How much would that COST?

No, it's simply an impossibility. Anyone proposing it, or believing that it's actually a viable solution simply has lost all touch with reality on that issue. There is simply no way it can happen.

-Arlos

It won't be an easy task. lol
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Narrock » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:45 am

Tuggan wrote:Really creeps me out when I find myself nodding in agreement to something Mindia posts. :(

Jeez dude, I'm not a bad/evil guy... just very opinionated. :mrgreen:
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby brinstar » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:15 pm

"roundin' up all them there illegals and haulin' 'em back" is a logical fallacy of the highest order and it's once again being propped up as a campaign issue to sucker idiots (and oh look, it worked)

suddenly booting 15 million industrious tax-paying workers would create a labor vacuum that even a robust economy would have trouble withstanding, let alone a fucked-up top-heavy plutarchy like ours. it's akin to suddenly halting all foreign oil imports and simply doing without - shipping and tourism would grind to a halt inside a week and large businesses all over the nation would crater. it's a completely unrealistic wedge issue meant to distract voters while politicians plan how to take even more of our money/freedom
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Jay » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:56 pm

brinstar wrote:"roundin' up all them there illegals and haulin' 'em back" is a logical fallacy of the highest order and it's once again being propped up as a campaign issue to sucker idiots (and oh look, it worked)

suddenly booting 15 million industrious tax-paying workers would create a labor vacuum that even a robust economy would have trouble withstanding, let alone a fucked-up top-heavy plutarchy like ours. it's akin to suddenly halting all foreign oil imports and simply doing without - shipping and tourism would grind to a halt inside a week and large businesses all over the nation would crater. it's a completely unrealistic wedge issue meant to distract voters while politicians plan how to take even more of our money/freedom

Not to mention it would increase prices since the replacement labor would be more expensive.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Narrock » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:32 pm

brinstar wrote:"roundin' up all them there illegals and haulin' 'em back" is a logical fallacy of the highest order and it's once again being propped up as a campaign issue to sucker idiots (and oh look, it worked)

So are you against demanding oil from Mexico to help fund the millions of illegals they sent here?
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby brinstar » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:50 pm

they've already given us a massive work force, why take their natural resources too?
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Drem » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:51 am

because stupid fucks like mindia don't think about the reality of anything. they don't realize those illegals pay like $600 million in new york alone each year in sales tax. he doesn't care because they need medical treatment so fuck them!!!!! rats like him just want more and more and more and think they're awesome while they're at it

such a joke, just like all of his political "ideas"

sheep
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Narrock » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:41 am

brinstar wrote:they've already given us a massive work force, why take their natural resources too?

Why don't you Google how much the illegals are costing us, then back to me. ;) Your second homework assignment is to think about what we can do with the cost savings. Go ahead. It's simple economics dude and I promise it won't hurt your brain too much to think about.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Gaazy » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:43 am

So let me tell you how much I love our government. I am losing 2/3 of my property to the government to put a road to our no where airport that doesnt even have daily flights to it, and already has a 3 lane nice road to it. They want to put in a 'back way'. They also dont have the money to finish it, only paving 1/3 of it. They will be running graders straight through me and making me tear down 1 of my 3 shops, then wont even finish the fucker for an unknown amount of time, even admitted by them. 2 other businesses are also losing land, but my case is the worst. Ultimately will cause me to lay off at least 3 or 4 within the next 3 weeks because I just wont have room for them. The road will literally run 8 feet from one of my shops. I will post pictures here later to give you an idea of how much of a waste of money this is

THATS why this fucker is bankrupt. Bullshit like this. Then this morning I have to deal with smug douche bag engineers that I just want to knock out.
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Narrock » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:18 am

That sucks, man. Are they citing imminent domain? Are you being compensated at least for doing that to you?
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby brinstar » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:38 pm

Narrock wrote:
brinstar wrote:they've already given us a massive work force, why take their natural resources too?

Why don't you Google how much the illegals are costing us, then back to me. ;) Your second homework assignment is to think about what we can do with the cost savings. Go ahead. It's simple economics dude and I promise it won't hurt your brain too much to think about.

clearly you are no authority on "simple economics" if you think deporting 15 million workers would actually save us money

what a joke
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Spazz » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:33 pm

Ya know I like the idea of kicking out everyone who isnt sposed to be here but I realize that isnt practical. What I am in favor of instead of completely fucking anyone who hires them. You make it so they cant get work and they will stop coming and people will learn that you have to pay americans a fair wage to do a fair days work again . Mean while you deport the ones who ya catch . Immigration is a serious issue like it or not. I know all of us are here cuz at some point or another our parents crossed the pond. That being said times were different then, there was room to expand and instead of a shrinking economy we had one that was growing. I know what the sign on the statue of liberty says but it needs to have a no vacancy sign underneath it.
WHITE TRASH METAL SLUMMER
Why Immortal technique?
Perhaps its because I am afraid and he gives me courage.
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

PreviousNext

Return to Current Affairs