Real Life Events.

Go off topic and I will break you!

Moderator: Dictators in Training

GOP Presidential debate #2

Postby Lyion » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:22 pm

A few thoughts:

Perry has better hair than Romney.

Ron Paul remains completely nuts.

Bachmann needs a pointy cap for her current hair do.

Newt Gingrich remains by far the most intelligent guy at any debate over the last 10 years, but still has the charisma of a cold sore.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Re: GOP Presidential debate #2

Postby Arlos » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:11 pm

Perry fucked himself, by standing up and declaring that Social Security is a Ponzi scheme.

So yes, he stood up there and called Social Security a criminal enterprise, just like Madoff.

Uh, somehow, I don't think Seniors are going to be enthusiastic about a candidate who is talking about getting rid of social security, and believes it to be completely equivalent to Madoff...

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Lyion » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:26 pm

Ponzi Scheme: Something that pays returns to separate investors, not from any actual profit earned by the organization, but from their own money or money paid by subsequent investors...

What Perry said was technically correct, though. SSN will be bankrupt long before the young people contributing to it get anything out of it. The statistics do not lie.

Although facts don't seem to matter, just hyperbole. Especially to the scary AARP crowd, who freak out about CBO medicare numbers or distortions even when a candidate says he won't touch benefits for current or near term retirees as Perry did.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Kaemon » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:17 pm

Yeah Perry nailed it on the head when he talked about SS. None of us will see SS by the time we retire if it stays the way it is currently. Unfortunately his straight talking is probably going to sink him. There was a point where he fidgeted and he reminded of me of GWB for a sec. It must be a Texan thing.

I thought Huntsman had some pretty interesting things to say and Santorum was ok, but Romney had the clear cut edge of the debate especially the way he handled the SS portion.

Newt, I can't make this guy out yet, Lyion is spot on when he describes Newt. I find him remarkable with some of the answers he gives, but I can't see him winning the primary let alone the GE. The closest he'll ever get to the White House is probably as a cabinet member, maybe even VP. That is if the GOP can pull it off, which I doubt.

I'm just not pshyched about the field, I was hoping for Guiliani or Christi to put themselves in the mix by now.

Right now, I believe the best chance for the GOP is Romney, he can probably deliver the independents and conservative democrats who are fed up with President Obama. Everyone is worried about the bible belt because he's a Mormon, what are they going to do, let Obama win again? They'll vote when it's time.
Adivina wrote:We are the most bipolar acting community, bunch of manics with the mood swings on here.
Kaemon
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Lyion » Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:59 am

My biggest issue is Newt tries to position himself as an outsider, when the dude was the Speaker of the House. There's not a GOP candidate who was more part of the DC machine than him.

Huntsman is a non-entity. The only thing he can really do is siphon a small chunk of votes from Romney. The sooner he gets out, tbe better chance Romney has against Perry.

I'd personally love Chris Christi to get in the field as I feel he'd have an easy time winning, but he has young kids and doesn't want to enter the national spotlight. I'm not high on Giuliani, personally. The other guy I think is solid is Marco Rubio. I think he's more of a 2016/2020 candidate though.

I'll be glad when we get into the real primaries and get rid of the Bachmann, Cain, and Ron Paul sideshow and get down to 3 or 4 candidates.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Harrison » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:32 am

I'm almost starting to think this country needs a psycho like Ron Paul in office. Just so we can have an end to this "horse of a different color" shit we've been stuck with for decades.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby brinstar » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:39 am

i think we could do a lot worse than ron paul

for example - perry, bachmann, santorum, etc etc etc
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew