The faces of evil in America

Real Life Events.

Go off topic and I will break you!

Moderator: Dictators in Training

The faces of evil in America

Postby Lyion » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:54 pm

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/amish-eight-mug-shots-765432

The booking photos of the eight members of an Amish sect who were ordered jailed by a Kentucky judge after they refused to pay fines for failing to affix orange safety triangles to their horse-drawn buggies.

The men, who were booked Monday night into the Graves County jail, refused to pay the fines on grounds that their religion bars them from wearing or displaying bright colors. Jailed for misdemeanor contempt of court, the inmates were provided dark-colored jumpsuits in place of the standard issue orange coveralls.

The defendants were hit with a range of time in the county lockup (between three and 10 days) by District Court Judge Deborah Hawkins Crook.

While members of the Swartzentruber Amish sect will affix reflective tape to the rear of their buggies, they eschew use of the bright safety triangle, which they consider too modern.

....Obviously men in need of incarceration here....
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Re: The faces of evil in America

Postby Gypsiyee » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:47 pm

what's the world coming to when we allow monsters like these on our streets?

...honestly. seriously?
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Narrock » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:07 pm

The haircut on the guy on the top row, 2nd from left... lol All of their beards are pure ownage.
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Gaazy » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:08 pm

The fact that they wouldnt put a stupid little orange triangle on their buggies because its against religion is as crazy as them being jailed. Idiots. Religion doesnt give you the right to disobey laws fags~
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Zanchief » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:11 pm

I agree with Gaazy with this one. It may seem silly that these people were incarcerated, but do you hold the same feeling when Muslims refuse to remove their veil to take drivers license photos and what not? Just because they seem innocent and pathetic doesn't mean they don't have to obey the law.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Gypsiyee » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:49 pm

Well, I'm not sure those instances are really comparable. They were willing to affix reflective tape which to me seems like it'd be sufficient for safety purposes.

Being able to properly ID someone, on the other hand, is severely limited when the face is 70% hidden including coverage of primary features that you'd use for a measure of comparison. People can't wear hats when they get their ID photos taken for the same reason.. it hides parts of your face and defeats the purpose of an ID.
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Tikker » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:17 pm

The law is the law sometimes though
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Kaemon » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:09 pm

Tikker wrote:The law is the law sometimes though

Sometimes, laws are stupid

Criminal Laws:

Unmarried cohabitation:

Six states continue to make it a crime for an unmarried man and a woman to cohabit together: Florida, Michigan, Mississippi, North Carolina, North Dakota, Virginia and West Virginia fall into this category. Arizona and New Mexico decriminalized unmarried cohabitation in 2001. North Dakota repealed its law in 2007. The validity of the North Carolina law is questionable due to a trial court ruling in 2006 declaring it unconstitutional.

Fornication:

Seven states and the District of Columbia make it a crime for a man and a woman to engage in consensual intercourse in private: Idaho, Massachusetts, Minnesota, South Carolina, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, and D.C. fall into this category.
Adivina wrote:We are the most bipolar acting community, bunch of manics with the mood swings on here.
Kaemon
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Return to Current Affairs