GOP Presidential debate #4

Real Life Events.

Go off topic and I will break you!

Moderator: Dictators in Training

GOP Presidential debate #4

Postby Narrock » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:46 am

Well, I'm in the camp of the majority of Americans who firmly embrace the "anybody but obama" philosophy, and I would agree that all nine republican candidates will absolutely do a better job of running America than the rat droppings and America-haters we currently have in this administration, especially the ring leader Failprez barry. Anyway, all nine candidates made some excellent points, and I loved what they said about our borders and the illegal immigration problem we are plagued with. I'm back to supporting Romney after watching last night's debate. I hope he chooses Herman Cain as a running mate. Perry pissed me off with his unfair attacks on Romney.
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Re: GOP Presidential debate #4

Postby Zanchief » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:02 am

You are why democracy is what it is.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Narrock » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:19 am

Zanchief wrote:You are why democracy is what it is.

You have no idea how bad the illegal immigration problem we have is crippling our economy. But you're just an ignorant outsider, so I give you a pass on your ignorance.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Tikker » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:46 am

yes, and the problem has ONLY occurred in the last 4 years?
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Zanchief » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:47 am

It's just an issue that rouses people’s racism and gets people elected on hate.

Hell, illegal immigrants are just contributing to the free market tea bagger crap you guys have been swallowing for a while. If they aren't part of the system, the market dictates their price.

You want to blame some? Blame the companies that hire them.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Narrock » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:04 am

Racism? :rolleyes: Stfu. It has nothing to do with racism. We need a National ID card that you cannot be employed without it, and stiffer penalties for employers who hire the illegals. Playing the racist card is sheer stupidity. Pull your head out of your ass Zanchief. If America solves the illegal immigration problem, our economy will soar up exponentially from what it is now.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Zanchief » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:21 am

Soar like an eagle it shall, as soon as you take care of all those horrible dark skinned folks! Isn't a national ID card a sign of the anti-christ?
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Arlos » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:06 am

National ID card wouldn't solve anything, as then people would just get paid under the table. Hell, I've worked a job where I was paid under the table before. But right now, all those workers are having income tax and social security withheld from their paychecks. They actually put in quite a considerable sum, which would be lost under that system.

There wouldn't be less illegal immigrants, because there would still be the jobs they do, and the economics of the situation are such that it is significantly profitable to hire them.

This is the same problem I see from all of the illegal immigration proposals I see coming out of the Right: They completely fail the reality test. Sure, you might argue in theory that such a system would have advantages, just like you can argue that in theory you can deport all current illegal immigrants. In real life though, such a system would never work, nor could you deport all those people in a million years, and CERTAINLY not for negligible cost.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Lyion » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:50 am

Illegal immigrants are a wedge issue on both sides. Illegal immigrants contribute to the economy and by and large help things. The fact they come here illegally is wrong, and we do need a better system in place to prevent this for both employment purposes and national security. The low income anchor babies and medical care costs of those coming over just for that are a drain on the economy, especially on the border states. I disagree with the idea of giving amnesty every 25 years to 15+ million illegal aliens, as again the premise is wrong.

The other problem right now is many states have rampant fraud in elections due to no valid federal means of really identifying citizens and their current status. I like the idea Newt proposed about having a simple eVerify system run by Amex or Visa, which would simplify things in regards to employment and naturalization status.

As far as the debate, Romney came out ahead. Perry did ok, except the few instances where he babbled halfway incoherently. Cain, Santorum, Gingrich, Johnson, and Bachman are just wasting peoples time as none of them are electable. Paul did remarkably well and for the first time didn't sound completely nuts. I think Huntsman is the dark horse and honestly the guy I'd love to see lead the GOP ticket as he would have the easiest time being elected.

Unfortunately, no candidate addressed the bigger issue which is the wholesale outsourcing of both manufacturing and white collar jobs. Business and corporate tax incentives are great, but the problem is all the Fortune 500 are outsourcing their IT and engineering positions overseas and I have yet to even hear a suggestion on how to stop this from any candidate or the President.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Narrock » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:52 am

Arlos wrote:National ID card wouldn't solve anything, as then people would just get paid under the table. Hell, I've worked a job where I was paid under the table before. But right now, all those workers are having income tax and social security withheld from their paychecks. They actually put in quite a considerable sum, which would be lost under that system.

There wouldn't be less illegal immigrants, because there would still be the jobs they do, and the economics of the situation are such that it is significantly profitable to hire them.

This is the same problem I see from all of the illegal immigration proposals I see coming out of the Right: They completely fail the reality test. Sure, you might argue in theory that such a system would have advantages, just like you can argue that in theory you can deport all current illegal immigrants. In real life though, such a system would never work, nor could you deport all those people in a million years, and CERTAINLY not for negligible cost.

-Arlos

Well, it would most certainly be worth a try. We simply cannot keep going the way we are now. Furthermore, we need to assign a couple law enforcement officers to every hospital in America, and if you cannot produce the necessary documents, including proof of medical insurance, then you don't get treated, UNLESS its a dire emergency to save life and limb. There have been constant reports by hospitals having to treat every illegal who walks thru the door with just a cough or runny nose and the legal U.S. citizens have to pay the bill. You can thank the illegals for being the root cause of exorbitant health care costs and health insurance. Yup, give them a big hug and smooch for that. We also need to immediately stop subsidizing their education.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Drem » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:00 pm

you're clueless
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Narrock » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:08 pm

Drem wrote:you're clueless

People like you and your ilk and your dangerous, irresponsible, short-sighted way of thinking are why America is a mess right now. And quite frankly, you're clearly envious that conservatives have their finger on the pulse of the majority of Americans. Wake up.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Drem » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:26 pm

hahahahahah

take your hate mongering somewhere else. no one cares about what you think here
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Narrock » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:02 pm

Drem wrote:hahahahahah

take your hate mongering somewhere else. no one cares about what you think here

I've been a member of NT before you, and I'll still be here after you're gone.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Drem » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:19 pm

and you still dont realise youre the biggest joke of a human being any of us have ever seen

IGNORANCE IS BLISS YO
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Drem » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:21 pm

now please respond with whatever you think you know about me, because i talk so much about politics. fucking retard
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby brinstar » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:45 pm

Narrock wrote:treat every illegal and the legal U.S. citizens have to pay the bill.

i'm cool with that actually

Narrock wrote:You can thank the illegals for being the root cause of exorbitant health care costs and health insurance.

really? that's interesting, because here in the real world we can thank corporate greed, a broken tax code, and deplorable lobbyist armies for those things.

We also need to immediately stop subsidizing their education.

nope. all education up to and including a bachelor's degree should be 100% subsidized for anyone who can keep from flunking out.
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Harrison » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:47 pm

He's nowhere near as bad as some personalities I've seen on various different communities I've been a part of for 10+ years or so.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby brinstar » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:51 pm

and for the record, what the fuck kind of infectious human waste would BOO a soldier on active duty just because he's gay? that is BEYOND fuuuuuuucked up. wait - dumb question. obviously the answer is "the same crowd that would cheer the death of an uninsured man"

christ on a cracker, ya'll. dems may be spineless and weak but WOW the repubs are fucking EVIL
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Narrock » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:57 pm

brinstar wrote:and for the record, what the fuck kind of infectious human waste would BOO a soldier on active duty just because he's gay? that is BEYOND fuuuuuuucked up. wait - dumb question. obviously the answer is "the same crowd that would cheer the death of an uninsured man"

christ on a cracker, ya'll. dems may be spineless and weak but WOW the repubs are fucking EVIL
"Dont ask, don't tell" needs to be reinstated ASAP. I've heard numerous soldiers say that the repealing of DADT is severely hurting the culture of the military.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Narrock » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:01 pm

Drem wrote:now please respond with whatever you think you know about me, because i talk so much about politics. fucking retard

You consistently display ignorance with social issues. Perhaps you should be introduced to the concept of "biting your tongue" you dumb fuck.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Gaazy » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:49 pm

Mindia if you think a national ID card will solve anything at all you're bat shit crazy.
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Drem » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:15 am

it's a side effect of being retarded
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Gypsiyee » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:24 am

Narrock wrote:You consistently display ignorance with social issues. Perhaps you should be introduced to the concept of "biting your tongue" you dumb fuck.

ig·no·rance
noun \ˈig-n(ə-)rən(t)s\: the state or fact of being ignorant : lack of knowledge, education, or awareness

sorry, Mindia, but you don't get to accuse anyone of ignorance regarding social issues of all things, especially with statements like

I've heard numerous soldiers say that the repealing of DADT is severely hurting the culture of the military.

which is an obvious fabrication created to reinforce your ignorant views. I assume you were one of the assholes booing Stephen Hill too. I must've missed the memo that support of the troops was limited to heterosexual and Christian service members. To hell with the rest of them and their immoral agenda tainting what would otherwise be the best military in the world, eh?
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Kaemon » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:39 am

brinstar wrote:and for the record, what the fuck kind of infectious human waste would BOO a soldier on active duty just because he's gay? that is BEYOND fuuuuuuucked up. wait - dumb question. obviously the answer is "the same crowd that would cheer the death of an uninsured man"

While I agree with your first statement, you cannot place all Republicans in the same boat as those jackasses that booed. There were over 4000 people in attendance and maybe a 3 or 4 booed. Romney and Santorum had opportunities to say something right then and there and they ignored it. Disappointing.

To me, it's a toss up between Romney and Huntsman on who to vote for in the Primary's.

Everyone else make decent points and counterpoints, except for Bachman, what a loon.
Adivina wrote:We are the most bipolar acting community, bunch of manics with the mood swings on here.
Kaemon
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Next

Return to Current Affairs