GOP Presidential debate #4

Real Life Events.

Go off topic and I will break you!

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Re: GOP Presidential debate #4

Postby Gypsiyee » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:50 am

Romney and Santorum had opportunities to say something right then and there and they ignored it. Disappointing.

I think that's a direct result of the precarious situation the GOP candidates and incumbents alike find themselves in right now, though.

They either move toward the tea party and alienate independents and the normal GOP base that hasn't gone batshit, or they separate themselves from the tea party and risk alienating the growing base of wonkos who have infiltrated the republican party with religious and socially conservative zealots spewing hatred under the false guise of patriotism.

The tea party has ousted more than a few well respected established republicans, and this is what we have now: conservative candidates afraid of peeling even the slightest bit away from the increasingly popular hyper polarized right due to the risk of losing their chances at election.
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby brinstar » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:31 pm

alright, fair enough - there were maybe only a half dozen booers. but how much more telling that no one admonished them? just shows complicity to me

and what about the whole "let the uninsured die" gaffe? i'd put it on equal footing
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Narrock » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:08 pm

Gypsiyee wrote:
Narrock wrote:You consistently display ignorance with social issues. Perhaps you should be introduced to the concept of "biting your tongue" you dumb fuck.

ig·no·rance
noun \ˈig-n(ə-)rən(t)s\: the state or fact of being ignorant : lack of knowledge, education, or awareness

sorry, Mindia, but you don't get to accuse anyone of ignorance regarding social issues of all things, especially with statements like

I've heard numerous soldiers say that the repealing of DADT is severely hurting the culture of the military.

which is an obvious fabrication created to reinforce your ignorant views. I assume you were one of the assholes booing Stephen Hill too. I must've missed the memo that support of the troops was limited to heterosexual and Christian service members. To hell with the rest of them and their immoral agenda tainting what would otherwise be the best military in the world, eh?

Nope, not fabricated. I heard it several times. Most military people think it's disgusting and they are pissed off about it. There's a few liberal military people who don't care, but the majority WANT DADT reinstated. I'm sorry to disappoint you that I'm more knowledgeable about this than you. It's ok, don't cry. Just stop watching MSNBC abd CNN and you too will be more educated instead of being fed nonsense and bullshit propaganda.
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Gypsiyee » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:47 am

So now hearing something makes it true? Well shit, I'm way behind the times. I heard that this dude in Nigeria can send me millions of dollars if I assist him. I've heard it several times, actually.. guess I should get started on that then based on your logic.

I'm more knowledgeable about this than you

l. o. fucking. l. the only thing you're more knowledgeable about than anyone on this board is being a pigheaded troll. You've cornered the market on that one, I'll grant you.

I suggest you educate yourself on the history of DADT and the polls conducted within the military that helped to get repeal passed.

but no, you're right--back in the closet, fags and lesbos. don't want you spreading the gay to our real soldiers. you can die for my rights, but don't you dare consider having any of your own.
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby brinstar » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:14 pm

oh yeah

Tea Party fuckfaces also cheered when a speaker told them FL had lost 15,000 government jobs

cheered

like, round of applause
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Harrison » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:24 am

DADT was a political move and nothing more.

No one gave a fuck, but it was constantly used as a political bargaining chip anyways. It's fucking stupid and civilians whining about it incessantly is pretty sad.

Everyone knew who the gay people were. We didn't care. The only ones who cared were the hyper homophobes and they were quite frankly hiding that fact more than the gays were about their status.

This was nothing more than a pathetic political move that now will impact morale more than you people realize.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Spazz » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:59 pm

Oh please morale is going to suffer cuz of some queers ? Your telling me that these warriors are going to lose sleep cuz the guy next to them might wanna suck a dick?

History tends to repeat itself Harrison and I know your not half as dumb as you like to pretend to be. Look at the arguments about about blacks in the army from a million years ago and your going to find a lot of the same arguments word for word.

Perhaps morale is at an all time low due to 10 years of bullshit wars fought over who can even say any more with no end in sight. I know personally I would be alot more upset with losing a friend to an ied or tbi than what the next guy wants to do with his wang. This shit is childish and to boo a gay servicemen is fuckin low.

I man can fight for freedom or corp interests or whatever but he cant be honest about who he is or who he loves .... Thats fuckin wack. Its not political tricks to stand up for EVERYONES rights its a decent thing to

Kinda funny to hear a military washout talkin like hes a soldier. Im sick to death of people expecting they personal prejudices to be enforced on everyone. Hear it all the time this guy over here hates niggers that guy over there hates fags them dudes hate atheists that chick hate christians and so on and so on. Heres the reality of the situation you dont have to like them or agree but they got the right to think it. Every god damn person has the right to feel and think whatever they want its people who want to enforce they opinions on everyone that annoys the shit out of me .
WHITE TRASH METAL SLUMMER
Why Immortal technique?
Perhaps its because I am afraid and he gives me courage.
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby brinstar » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:50 pm

kaboom ^^^^^^
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Markarado » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:26 pm

You guys know I'm not pro-gay rights. If being gay is legal, then I see no reason why being gay in the military should be illegal. My brother is currently on his third tour in Iraq. You might remember him - Sentro. He posted a little on this board back in EQ days. About a year ago or more I asked him his opinion of gays in the military. He said if the guy is next to him on the battlefield he could care less if the guy is gay. On the battlefield he's a soldier - nothing more nothing less.

Basically, when bullets are flying by you and bombs are going off no gay guy is going to ask his gay or straight buddy soldier to take a break and suck his dick. They're all soldiers

I have mixed feelings on the issue as I absolutely believe homosexuality to be immoral. A soldier serving our country is a soldier - not a gay, or straight, or whatever. The don't ask don't tell policy was stupid though. So they can be gay but they can't say they're gay. What's the point in that? This decision should be up to military leaders in my opinion. From what I've seen, military leaders support gays in the military as SOLDIERS. We need to respect each soldier for being a soldier - not because of their gender preferences.
Markarado
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Harrison » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:47 pm

Spazz wrote:Oh please morale is going to suffer cuz of some queers ? Your telling me that these warriors are going to lose sleep cuz the guy next to them might wanna suck a dick?

History tends to repeat itself Harrison and I know your not half as dumb as you like to pretend to be. Look at the arguments about about blacks in the army from a million years ago and your going to find a lot of the same arguments word for word.

Perhaps morale is at an all time low due to 10 years of bullshit wars fought over who can even say any more with no end in sight. I know personally I would be alot more upset with losing a friend to an ied or tbi than what the next guy wants to do with his wang. This shit is childish and to boo a gay servicemen is fuckin low.

I man can fight for freedom or corp interests or whatever but he cant be honest about who he is or who he loves .... Thats fuckin wack. Its not political tricks to stand up for EVERYONES rights its a decent thing to

Kinda funny to hear a military washout talkin like hes a soldier. Im sick to death of people expecting they personal prejudices to be enforced on everyone. Hear it all the time this guy over here hates niggers that guy over there hates fags them dudes hate atheists that chick hate christians and so on and so on. Heres the reality of the situation you dont have to like them or agree but they got the right to think it. Every god damn person has the right to feel and think whatever they want its people who want to enforce they opinions on everyone that annoys the shit out of me .

You don't get it.

It doesn't matter if the retard who hates gays is wrong or not, or how many of them there are, or how few. The fact of the matter is that they DO exist, and there are more of them than anyone would like to admit. Same as racists, but racism is less and less of an issue as the years go on and soon enough homophobes will be just as rare. (Most prevalent in the south, obviously.) Yes they're scumbags, and ignorant as fuck but, that doesn't detract from the FACT that making a huge deal of inconsequential bullshit like the openness of someone else's sexuality hurts morale in the field. And that can cost lives that otherwise wouldn't have been lost.

Now that it's been put in, and taken out, there is a wholly different problem that people like you, just don't understand and I wouldn't expect you to.

You missed the point of what I said entirely and harped on some imaginary bigotry on my part that doesn't exist. Like I said, we knew who the gay people were. 99.99999% of us didn't give one flying fuck. This is mainly because my unit was MA based and most if not all of us are from here, but we had some from out of state that moved in.

All this did was make a huge show of what was effectively nothing, because people can't mind their fucking business about the personal lives of others for the benefit of their political maneuvering.

And calling me a washout because of my medical discharge is disgustingly sad. I didn't get discharged for misconduct, AWOL, or anything of the sort and in no way takes away from my inside perspective of the military in general. The year or so I spent enlisted, training, going to drill, gave me far more insight on this than your purely outside perspective on the matter.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Spazz » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:29 pm

All this did was make a huge show of what was effectively nothing, because people can't mind their fucking business about the personal lives of others for the benefit of their political maneuvering.

How many gay servicemen have gotten the boot due to being found out ? I bet this seems like more than political maneuvering to them. How did getting outed and booted effect their lives ? It isnt bullshit political posturing to advance peoples rights and shame on you for saying that.

What im saying is to you and me its a non issue but we arent homo servicemen. Maybe some guys you know dont care and dont see a big deal about being hush hush but maybe it will make some new guys enlist due to the fact they do dont have to be afraid of being found out. I want the gay thing to not be an issue but until were all allowed at the lunch counter it will continue to be one.

Weather your an atheist a christian or a flamer you should have the same rights as everyone and until that dream is realized we have work to do in our country. The words all man are created equal mean a a great deal to me.

When the saves were freed people thought it was going to be the end of the world. It wasnt.
When black folks and women folk got the right to vote it was going to be the end of the world and it wasnt.
When the military was integrated it was going to be the end of the world. It wasnt.

Are you seeing the pattern here ? Bigots of all types get worked up about all types of non issues but society keeps on progressing and eventually people look back and wonder what the fuck people were thinking back then. It will be the same with gays getting hitched and serving in the armed forces .

What im saying is weather its in the service or in free society every man and woman should have basic human rights.

You also might not like this but if all your service included was summer camp you dont get to talk like a soldier. You didnt fight you didnt go over there all you did was go to summer camp. Stop acting like the military is going to fall to pieces cuz some homos dont have to lie it wont happen i can promise you that. Niggas still have to follow orders in the military no ? What happens if your command tells you to do something or bunk with someone and you throw a hissy fit? I didnt serve so why dont you inform me big guy...
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby leah » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:54 am

hum. somewhere along the line, spazz became a rocket launcher for knowledge bombs. i like it.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Gypsiyee » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:43 am

Yes they're scumbags, and ignorant as fuck but, that doesn't detract from the FACT that making a huge deal of inconsequential bullshit like the openness of someone else's sexuality hurts morale in the field. And that can cost lives that otherwise wouldn't have been lost.

It's not inconsequential. Soldiers tend to be away from their loved ones.. a lot. They hold onto pictures and other mementos for motivation. As in any place that you spend extended amounts of time with the same people, family and relationships inevitably get discussed frequently during downtime.

DADT put a barrier up for that.. homosexual soldiers weren't entitled to hold onto that extra piece of strength. They weren't allowed to openly discuss their families or their love lives. If you think that's inconsequential, you're wrong. It's little stuff that seems unimportant until you're in a place where it's the only positivity you have. That little shit is important in the field, and every soldier deserves that something to hold onto.

Roughly fourteen thousand soldiers were discharged because of DADT. That, my friend, is hardly an inconsequential amount, and that's not to include those barred from service prior to DADT which was a compromise to allow gay soldiers to serve in the first place.
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Zanchief » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:06 am

I got a new DADT solution. Everytime there's a conflict with some dumbfuck bigot redneck, send them packing.

It's called it's 2011, stop acting like a prick policy. It solves all conflicts.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Narrock » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:35 am

Yeah, I hope they re-institute the military's tolerance of homosexuality PRE-DADT... Aka, expressly forbidden. Then we'd have a real, and respected, military again.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby leah » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:59 am

who would respect us more for shitting on homosexuals?????
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Gypsiyee » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:21 pm

Narrock wrote:Yeah, I hope they re-institute the military's tolerance of homosexuality PRE-DADT... Aka, expressly forbidden. Then we'd have a real, and respected, military again.

and this is why everything you say is worth less than nothing.

seriously, on behalf of the entire united states military and those who support them, a hearty fuck you.
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Spazz » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:19 pm

Yeah, I hope they re-institute the military's tolerance of homosexuality PRE-DADT... Aka, expressly forbidden. Then we'd have a real, and respected, military again.

Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby brinstar » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:26 pm

Spazz wrote:

compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Narrock » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:46 pm

leah wrote:who would respect us more for shitting on homosexuals?????

Our military will have dignity again. Does that help you? Our military has been pussified by Failprez barry and his cronies. I can't wait for that dickhead to get booted out of office in 2012. What a joyous occasion that will be. And I will celebrate heartily when that day comes. Then we must begin the tedious and arduous task of reversing all the damage FPb has done to America and America's pride and honor.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Gypsiyee » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:08 am

in less than three years, our military led by that "failprez" (which isn't even remotely witty, so I'm embarrassed for you that you keep saying it) took down Osama bin Laden, something the previous proud warmongering president couldn't do in 8 even when he was served up on a silver platter (hi, tora bora, how are you?). yeah, what a bunch of pussies.

our reputation was never worse globally than it was under Bush. to call your president a 'dickhead' is childish and shows an utter lack of intelligence, but that's to be expected from a redneck uneducated jackanape with no class such as yourself.
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Zanchief » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:38 am

Weren't you in the bandwagon of morons calling out anyone who had bad things to say about Bush as un-American because you can't speak ill of standing president? Aiding your enemies and all that hogwash.

For Mindia of course.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby leah » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:10 am

jesus christ. i just... shut the fuck up, mindia. just, seriously, shut the fuck up.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Tuggan » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:56 pm

I gotta give it up to Mindia. After all this time he can still troll you people like a fuckin' champ.
Tuggan
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Gaazy » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:30 pm

leah wrote:jesus christ. i just... shut the fuck up, mindia. just, seriously, shut the fuck up.

haha its bad when leah starts breaking out curse words. Go leah go!
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

PreviousNext

Return to Current Affairs