Is this guy unimpressive or what?

Real Life Events.

Go off topic and I will break you!

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Re: Is this guy impressive or what?

Postby brinstar » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:33 pm

numatu wrote:
brinstar wrote:and are you also glossing over the moral character of Newt "I left my first wife in the chemo ward for a younger hotter employee" Gingrich?

Not that any candidate is an angelic beacon of moral perfection, but I'm pretty sure this statement has been refuted by his daughter and by others. She didn't have cancer, she had benign tumors removed, and she was the one that initiated the divorce and served the papers after finding out he was having an affair. Not sure why people continuously copy/paste this without actually researching it, I guess that's part of the downgrade of actual reporting and mudslinging we've seen by fanatics from both fan bases.

nah actually i knew all that, i was just trolling a tad >.>

EDIT: and yeah, whether or not her tumors were malignant kinda seems minor because either way he was out bangin' some new chick at the time. PLUS then he did the same thing (sans tumors) to THAT chick. AND let's not forget this is the guy who went after slick willie with guns a-blazin' for getting a beej under the resolute desk. really newt? you're gonna go THERE? tragically he'll probably get the nomination anyway, since americans typically have the memory span of sub-average gerbils
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Drem » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:17 am

hay guyz let's talk about other ppls' lives some more like we actually know what's going on. let's also focus on all the negative
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Gypsiyee » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:46 am

Drem wrote:hay guyz let's talk about other ppls' lives some more like we actually know what's going on. let's also focus on all the negative

hay guyz let's jump into a thread we admittedly don't care about to condescend to those who do care while they discuss things they find pertinent in relation to significant moral character flaws in those running for the highest ranked position in the country.
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Lyion » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:12 am

numatu wrote:I think it's a major difference.

I've always heard or read this topic along the lines of "Gingrich served divorce papers to his wife who was dying of cancer." This has been repeated over and over and still is. The connotation displayed here is that he's clearly evil, and looks to be if accurate. But since it's not accurate, and since it was routine surgery, and they had already been separated, and she served the papers, the picture is now one of thousands that happen every day: an unfortunate decayed marriage that ended in divorce, and one that completely changes the innate emotional response that the former gives.

Psst. you are arguing about a GOP candidate with a guy who is to the left of Fidel Castro. Actually, with a board of people who range in views from Che Guavara to Karl Max. Don't expect rational answers to anything related to anything Republican.

Just sayin'.

p.s. All politicians are scumbags. Newt tried to impeach Clinton for Lewinsky while having a hot young thang himself. Obama is just as bad with his lowball based on how he railroaded Jack Ryan and other candidates and his Chicago insider deals with many corrupt entities.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Spazz » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:05 pm

Actually, with a board of people who range in views from Che Guavara to Karl Max

Which one do I get to be ?
WHITE TRASH METAL SLUMMER
Why Immortal technique?
Perhaps its because I am afraid and he gives me courage.
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby brinstar » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:32 pm

Lyion wrote:Psst. you are arguing about a GOP candidate with a guy who is to the left of Fidel Castro. Actually, with a board of people who range in views from Che Guavara to Karl Max. Don't expect rational answers to anything related to anything Republican.

Just sayin'.

Psst, way to discourage thoughtful discourse with dismissive labeling and snooty moral pretention. Maybe I fall pretty far to the left of the bell curve, but so what? Somehow that automatically disbars me from making any other sort of commentary? How can one's political leaning have ANY FUCKING THING TO DO with calling out the infidelity double standard that exists between D and R? Fuck that, sir. Your argument is wholly illegitimate.

Just sayin'.
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Drem » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:03 am

Lyion wrote:p.s. All politicians are scumbags
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Drem » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:08 am

Gypsiyee wrote:
Drem wrote:hay guyz let's talk about other ppls' lives some more like we actually know what's going on. let's also focus on all the negative

hay guyz let's jump into a thread we admittedly don't care about to condescend to those who do care while they discuss things they find pertinent in relation to significant moral character flaws in those running for the highest ranked position in the country.

the fact that human beings are ranked is part of the problem. nobody's better than anyone. maybe at certain things depending on what people practise the most, but that's the end of it. life is too situational to put one person or a group of people in charge of an entire nation. the sooner people realise that the better off humanity will be. super hippy, super retarded, yea, but it's pretty legit. you're gonna make fun of me for not caring about the president, and i'm gonna make fun of you for caring. depending on who you talk to, either person is right. nothing matters. y'all are insane. why don't you just focus on your lives instead of everything else. you'd all be a lot happier. and less confrontational
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Lyion » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:52 am

brinstar wrote:Psst, way to discourage thoughtful discourse with dismissive labeling and snooty moral pretention. Maybe I fall pretty far to the left of the bell curve, but so what? Somehow that automatically disbars me from making any other sort of commentary? How can one's political leaning have ANY FUCKING THING TO DO with calling out the infidelity double standard that exists between D and R? Fuck that, sir. Your argument is wholly illegitimate.

There is no thoughtful discourse regarding anything GOP on this board. Generally, any time anyone posts something we have Arlos with the Media Matters talking points, Toss saying fuck the fascists, and the Canadians doing their generally liberal lockstep.

I respect your opinions, Brin but this board really has one admitted conservative and he's as authentic as Colbert. I still believe he's a Vonk creation, to boot.

I'd love to know why John Edward's cheating on his cancer stricken wife was covered up by the media for months and month's during the previous DNC primaries, and yet highly unsubstantiated claims against Herman Cain from decades ago are dusted off and rolled out with zero proof or means testing via every major network. Double Standard, indeed.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tossica » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:57 am

Lyion wrote:
brinstar wrote:
Lyion wrote:Psst, way to discourage thoughtful discourse with dismissive labeling and snooty moral pretention. Maybe I fall pretty far to the left of the bell curve, but so what? Somehow that automatically disbars me from making any other sort of commentary? How can one's political leaning have ANY FUCKING THING TO DO with calling out the infidelity double standard that exists between D and R? Fuck that, sir. Your argument is wholly illegitimate.

There is no thoughtful discourse regarding anything GOP on this board. Generally, any time anyone posts something we have Arlos with the Media Matters talking points, Toss saying fuck the fascists, and the Canadians doing their generally liberal lockstep.

I respect your opinions, Brin but this board really has one admitted conservative and he's as authentic as Colbert. I still believe he's a Vonk creation, to boot.

I'd love to know why John Edward's cheating on his cancer stricken wife was covered up by the media for months and month's during the previous DNC primaries, and yet highly unsubstantiated claims against Herman Cain from decades ago are dusted off and rolled out with zero proof or means testing via every major network. Double Standard, indeed.

Because Edwards is/was smarter than Cain and did some work to try to cover his tracks. Cain seems incredibly arrogant. He most likely assumed these women couldn't touch him.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby vonkaar » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:29 am

Lyion, there's no secret that certain news networks lean one way and others heavily lean the other. Fox News jumped all over John Edwards as soon as they could while CNN kept things low-key. Media coverage is not the same as party-line dialogue; Gingrich's crucifiction of Clinton while hiding his own sins, etc. A liberal news anchor blasting a conservative senator over a sex scandal doesn't have the same power as a conservative senator calling for actual legal action against Edwards for his infidelity.

I never figured out why all of the conservatives left NT while the libs stuck around. Props to Mindia for staying for so long despite all the abuse. He's like the annoying kid nobody likes but needs to complete their baseball roster. Enjoy the game but, fuck... how long can you stand all the abuse? It has been nearly 11 years now. We used to have real debates around here about interesting topics - religion, the death-penalty, abortion, gun-control, drug-legalization, etc. Now days we can't even get Mindia to argue religion any more. And he's really the only one so what's the point? It's just the same old dialogue. That's pretty much the reason I stopped posting so much a few years ago. There's only so much I can say about abolishing the dealth penalty or the fantastical christian mythology. Mindia isn't fun anymore. And then we have you, and you mostly just grumble about how one-sided the board is :wink: .

Anyway, it's all in my grand scheme to reveal in 2020 that Mindia is my split-online-personality. Surely NT will still be around and it'll be a great way to kick off its 20th anniversary with the 14 of us that remain. If it's just me and my other half, at least I'll have a good laugh. And that rhyme was intentional.
Gaazy wrote:Now vonk on the other hand, is one of the most self absorbed know it alls in my memory of this site. Ive always thought so, and I still cant understand why in gods name he is here
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Tossica » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:44 am

I think the neocons got tired of having their hats handed to them in every debate. I stopped "debating" on NT a long time ago. I had a blast with Ugzug , Mindia, the young Finawin and others. Some great banter. Now most of my responses are 2 words or less containing at least 1 fuck.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Lyion » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:45 am

vonkaar wrote:you mostly just grumble about how one-sided the board is :wink: .

It's what Grumpy Old Men like me do. :viking:
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Narrock » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:13 am

I don't know why I stick around. lol. Vonkaar, you may think I'm putting up with "abuse" but honestly, I just roll my eyes and think most of y'all are ignant wretches who's viewpoints don't resonate with the majority of Americans (whilst mine do), and many of you have demonstrated on a consistent basis that common sense is not so common. I know conservatives are outnumbered here. So what. It's still fun for me, provides another channel of entertainment. I've been a member of the original NT since 2000 (even though this version says 2004....Wtf?) and I'll be here til the bitter end. And now, for the edification of you Jonny-come-lately's, the seething hate towards me began when I started a thread called "BILL CLINTON SUCKS" when that corrupt cocksucker was holding America hostage, etc. The hate continued when I started a thread called "Kael Drakkal" where I was flaming about the assholes in the game who would come take over my camp I was easily soloing and basically kill-steal my mobs (i know... how dare i complain about that) and then there was allegations about me ditching my guild's raids to do this soloing, which is hilarious, because I never did that even once, and my friend Nate (Flippett in game) was using my account (authorized by me) while I was at work over 2 hours away from home working as a carpenter on a custom home (which of course the ignorant retards said "uh huh, yeah right... My Fijian roommate..." Blah blah blah. Then the hate for me proliferated with me pointing out the fallicies and hypocrisies of the catholic church, and the rest is history. So like me, or hate me... I don't care because I'm here to stay. :)
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby leah » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:03 pm

weren't there also shit balls and meth use in there somewhere, as well? tee hee. :boots:
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Spazz » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:31 pm

yup
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Narrock » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:42 pm

Yeah lmfao. I was living in Reno and met a chick on match dawt cawm lol, and she was pretty hot and all, but lived in the SF bay area. We decided to hook up, so I made the 4 hour trek to the bay, got a hotel room, and she came up to my room. I'll spare the sexual graphic details :p, but after a few hours of having fun, she got up to use the bathroom, and I saw like 20 little shitballs on the bed in a pile. I was pretty grossed out, and cut my trip short. lol. About meth... yeah I tried it a couple times, and made the mistake of admitting it here, as the ignorant and immature comments exploded into a cavalcade of stupidity. No, never had a "drug problem" and never was addicted to anything but cigs... was just hangin with the wrong crowd at the time.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby leah » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:54 pm

maybe there was a secret rabbit in the room? kinky?
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Narrock » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:57 pm

I'm pretty kinky, but not into bestiality kthx.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Spazz » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:20 pm

The meth is a big deal because you want to throw everyone in jail yet if you got caught " making a mistake" it would have ruined your life. Which kind of makes you a hypocrite.

Its also a big deal cuz its fucking meth. I have done a lot of drugs over the years but meth isnt one of them cuz thats fuckin crazy. Dont blame that on the wrong crowd either. Over the past few years I have hung around some of the worst people you can think of and I still never touched the shit or was really around anyone who did. Meth isnt something that can just be found at every bar party and social gathering.
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Narrock » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:56 pm

double post
Last edited by Narrock on Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Narrock » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:58 pm

Narrock wrote:
Spazz wrote:The meth is a big deal because you want to throw everyone in jail yet if you got caught " making a mistake" it would have ruined your life. Which kind of makes you a hypocrite.

Its also a big deal cuz its fucking meth. I have done a lot of drugs over the years but meth isnt one of them cuz thats fuckin crazy. Dont blame that on the wrong crowd either. Over the past few years I have hung around some of the worst people you can think of and I still never touched the shit or was really around anyone who did. Meth isnt something that can just be found at every bar party and social gathering.

Oh look... you're spewing forth bullshit again (big surprise.). I'm glad you never tried it... good for you, but I absolutely was influenced by my circle of friends at the time. Did they hold a gun to my head and force me to try it? Absolutely not, but that's not the point. The point is... I tried it a couple times, didn't hide the fact that I tried it, openly talked about it,, didn't like it, eventually straightened my ass out, moved, and got some new friends. Anyway, there's no hypocrisy. If I would've gotten caught, I would've deserved what I got. But it's a moot point.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Narrock » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:37 pm

I'm officially withdrawing my support for Cain. I don't think he's guilty of the allegations, but at this point, a vote for Cain would be throwing my vote away. The liberal mainstream media did him too much damage. How proud they must be. I will admit, however, that I don't like that he was helping that girl financially and not telling his wife about it. That's pretty shitty. I still feel though that his business smarts would have served him well in office, and I still think he would've been a better president than the schmuck we got in the oval office now, in fact I'm certain of that. Adios Cain.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby vonkaar » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:42 pm

Narrock wrote: The point is... I tried it a couple times, didn't hide the fact that I tried it, openly talked about it,, didn't like it, eventually straightened my ass out, moved, and got some new friends.

:arms:
Gaazy wrote:Now vonk on the other hand, is one of the most self absorbed know it alls in my memory of this site. Ive always thought so, and I still cant understand why in gods name he is here
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Spazz » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:25 pm

If I would've gotten caught, I would've deserved what I got

Yea you say that now because your mistake didnt ruin the rest of your life. You just hate any facts or tidbits of information that would make you adjust your world view.
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

PreviousNext

Return to Current Affairs