Is this guy unimpressive or what?

Real Life Events.

Go off topic and I will break you!

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Re: Is this guy impressive or what?

Postby Tossica » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:06 am

Hmmm... unemployment rate dropping, Bin Laden on ice, nothing but stooges on stage from the right, yeah, pretty sure Obama has this one wrapped up.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Narrock » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:55 am

FPb has the 2012 election wrapped up. Sperman Cain, a chubby country club career politician (newt), a ken doll pussy (romney), a crazy old man (paul), a douchebag (santorum), an asshole (perry), a weirdo (bachmann), a wishy washy wannabe with a funky/crazy eyebrow (huntsman), etc. Yeah, America loses in 2012. This repub lineup makes me think that they (the GOP)want to lose the election on purpose so that obammy continues to take the blame for the continued economic disaster, and then in 2016 the repubs win and take credit for an economic upturn (which is inevitable anyway). Sad.
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby leah » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:03 am

Narrock wrote:FPb has the 2012 election wrapped up. Sperman Cain, a chubby country club career politician (newt), a ken doll pussy (romney), a crazy old man (paul), a douchebag (santorum), an asshole (perry), a weirdo (bachmann), a wishy washy wannabe with a funky/crazy eyebrow (huntsman), etc. Yeah, America loses in 2012. This repub lineup makes me think that they (the GOP)want to lose the election on purpose so that obammy continues to take the blame for the continued economic disaster, and then in 2016 the repubs win and take credit for an economic upturn (which is inevitable anyway). Sad.

HEEEE! you know how much i really, really, REALLY hate when you use nicknames for people when we're trying to have intelligent, grown-up discussions, but: that's actually the first time i've seen anyone say "sperman cain" and i gigglesnorted so loudly (at my desk at work!) that i thought i was going to draw attention from coworkers, lol.

i won't be calling him that regularly, of course, but man. that made me laugh.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Tossica » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:19 am

Narrock wrote:FPb has the 2012 election wrapped up. Sperman Cain, a chubby country club career politician (newt), a ken doll pussy (romney), a crazy old man (paul), a douchebag (santorum), an asshole (perry), a weirdo (bachmann), a wishy washy wannabe with a funky/crazy eyebrow (huntsman), etc. Yeah, America loses in 2012. This repub lineup makes me think that they (the GOP)want to lose the election on purpose so that obammy continues to take the blame for the continued economic disaster, and then in 2016 the repubs win and take credit for an economic upturn (which is inevitable anyway). Sad.

This may be your first sensible (if you can get passed the nicknames) post you've made in the history of NT.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Narrock » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:31 am

Uh... no. I've made plenty of sensible posts. You're just in agreement, or partially in agreement, with me on the current lineup. Look, as a conservative, I'm pissed off about our choices this time around, and as much as I may have sounded "immature" (to you) about the nicknames, I'd still take ANY of them over obammy. Every election cycle I hear the same sentiment from all different types of people, "this is the most important election of your life... blah blah." 2012 will be the election that I would actually agree with that statement. FPb has done so much damage, and he's just going to fuck things up further. He claims to be "progressive" but all I've seen out of him is knuckle-dragging cave-dwelling regression. A shitty and damaging agenda.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Narrock » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:40 am

Oh and about Cain's latest controversy... apparently, there was 70 text messages she claimed that Cain sent her. However, 47 of those texts were initiated by HER, and NONE of the texts from Cain were even remotely sexual in nature. Cain did help her financially, and this is how she repays him... wow, what a fucking cunt (i dont throw that word around liberally either).
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Gypsiyee » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:13 am

Drem wrote:the fact that human beings are ranked is part of the problem. nobody's better than anyone. maybe at certain things depending on what people practise the most, but that's the end of it. life is too situational to put one person or a group of people in charge of an entire nation. the sooner people realise that the better off humanity will be. super hippy, super retarded, yea, but it's pretty legit. you're gonna make fun of me for not caring about the president, and i'm gonna make fun of you for caring. depending on who you talk to, either person is right. nothing matters. y'all are insane. why don't you just focus on your lives instead of everything else. you'd all be a lot happier. and less confrontational

this is essentially a call for anarchy, though. "nobody's better than anyone" is simply an untrue statement. As liberal as I am, I don't believe in rewarding mediocrity, nor do I subscribe to the notion that everyone is special. Certainly, everyone has their own redeeming qualities and those exceptional equalities in each individual can and should be rewarded. but not everyone is equal at all things, nor should they be. Everyone has something that they're particularly good at and everyone has something they're not so good at, that's what makes the world go round.

Nothing matters? Well, I'm sorry that you're so apathetic to life. I personally feel that it'd suck a whole hell of a lot to live a life that I believe has absolutely no meaning.

If nothing matters, why do you try? Why did you go from a sous chef to opening your own successful restaurant? If it doesn't matter, why do you care about success? I'm actually quite a happy person.. I'm very fortunate in life, and I was reminded of that when I went home last weekend and saw the conditions my mom and sister live in. I like to think I'm fairly positive.. I work hard, I expect a lot of myself, and I don't believe in sweating the small stuff. But being positive doesn't mean you have to be oblivious or unaware. There are injustices in this world, and I'm not so blind to believe that I can change all of them. But that doesn't mean I don't want to do my part to fight for those injustices that I'm passionate about and to expect a certain level of character from people who serve as role models. I believe that everyone should strive to be a better version of themselves, and when you put someone in a role of high responsibility they should represent a higher caliber of character and knowledge than your average person. I don't want the Jersey Shore cast running the country. If you think no one is better than them, that's unfortunate.

You can care about your own life and care about the quality of those who are called on to keep order at the same time, you know.
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Gypsiyee » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:20 am

holy shit

by george, i think he's got it
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Drem » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:46 am

Gypsiyee wrote:
Drem wrote:the fact that human beings are ranked is part of the problem. nobody's better than anyone. maybe at certain things depending on what people practise the most, but that's the end of it. life is too situational to put one person or a group of people in charge of an entire nation. the sooner people realise that the better off humanity will be. super hippy, super retarded, yea, but it's pretty legit. you're gonna make fun of me for not caring about the president, and i'm gonna make fun of you for caring. depending on who you talk to, either person is right. nothing matters. y'all are insane. why don't you just focus on your lives instead of everything else. you'd all be a lot happier. and less confrontational

this is essentially a call for anarchy, though. "nobody's better than anyone" is simply an untrue statement. As liberal as I am, I don't believe in rewarding mediocrity, nor do I subscribe to the notion that everyone is special. Certainly, everyone has their own redeeming qualities and those exceptional equalities in each individual can and should be rewarded. but not everyone is equal at all things, nor should they be. Everyone has something that they're particularly good at and everyone has something they're not so good at, that's what makes the world go round.

Nothing matters? Well, I'm sorry that you're so apathetic to life. I personally feel that it'd suck a whole hell of a lot to live a life that I believe has absolutely no meaning.

If nothing matters, why do you try? Why did you go from a sous chef to opening your own successful restaurant? If it doesn't matter, why do you care about success? I'm actually quite a happy person.. I'm very fortunate in life, and I was reminded of that when I went home last weekend and saw the conditions my mom and sister live in. I like to think I'm fairly positive.. I work hard, I expect a lot of myself, and I don't believe in sweating the small stuff. But being positive doesn't mean you have to be oblivious or unaware. There are injustices in this world, and I'm not so blind to believe that I can change all of them. But that doesn't mean I don't want to do my part to fight for those injustices that I'm passionate about and to expect a certain level of character from people who serve as role models. I believe that everyone should strive to be a better version of themselves, and when you put someone in a role of high responsibility they should represent a higher caliber of character and knowledge than your average person. I don't want the Jersey Shore cast running the country. If you think no one is better than them, that's unfortunate.

You can care about your own life and care about the quality of those who are called on to keep order at the same time, you know.

i don't need to explain myself anymore. just really don't care about politics at all. they're all crooks

and i cook food because it keeps people alive. i enjoy it for the human element. not because i can be a fuckin liar and steal the country's money and trust while looking pretty at a podium. my job is actually important to someone because it helps their quality of life. the fuck does the president do besides make everyone around me be full of idle (and really boring) chatter while nothing about my life from the amount i pay on rent to the amount i get taxed has seemed to change in the last 8 years?

i understand and appreciate your political zeal but don't try to convince me about it. you're wasting your time
Last edited by Drem on Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Drem » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:20 pm

and no, i don't support anarchy at all. if everyone thought like me? sure. but no, too many loose cannons out there, it'd be a mess

i don't support anything. i'm unsatisfied with all the current political options so i vote "none of the above" and don't vote at all. why cast a vote for a lesser evil? especially if the phrase is coined as "voting for the lesser of two evils" like you know both options are terrible? that's no way to live, imo

i think the way i feel would just be called "going with the political flow".... i'm more concerned with other things right now
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Re: Is this guy unimpressive or what?

Postby Narrock » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:26 pm

The president and congress shape the way you live, and affect your quality of life. You should vote, or you don't have the right to bitch and complain. Whenever there's a democrat in office, or a democrat-controlled congress, MY quality of life goes DOWN, my net pay goes DOWN, and inflation, cost of living, and taxes go UP. That's why I vote conservative... not to mention that the common sense approach to social issues is line with my personal beliefs and our founding father's beliefs.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Drem » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:36 pm

i feel personally that the founding fathers would figure out how to set off all our nukes in their silos if they saw what a fucking mess this country has become
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Narrock » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:43 pm

Drem wrote:i feel personally that the founding fathers would figure out how to set off all our nukes in their silos if they saw what a fucking mess this country has become

I couldn't agree with you more.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Gypsiyee » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:56 pm

Drem wrote:i understand and appreciate your political zeal but don't try to convince me about it. you're wasting your time

But I'm not trying to convince you of it...I'm having a conversation with others in this thread who also care about it. You're absolutely entitled to your indifference, but like you said, you're wasting your time trying to convince me to be the same.

i don't support anything. i'm unsatisfied with all the current political options so i vote "none of the above" and don't vote at all. why cast a vote for a lesser evil? especially if the phrase is coined as "voting for the lesser of two evils" like you know both options are terrible? that's no way to live, imo

believe it or not, I respect this a lot. it's drilled into us from early on that we should vote, period. no matter what, we should vote. I don't believe this at all. I believe that if you are indifferent and you have no zeal for any of the candidates or what they believe in, just stay home. People who are uneducated, undereducated, or have no desire to partake shouldn't vote 'just because' because in a close race, I don't want a bunch of "I don't care" ballots tipping the scales, especially in states that represent large portions of the electoral college (which is another issue entirely).

I don't want people at the ballot box casting their votes for the guy they'd like to have a beer with or the guy that's not white or for the candidate with a vajay because those people's votes count just as heavily as mine do. I don't want people casting their votes against people either because that's just as unproductive. I want people at the ballot box who care about what those candidates want for the country, and if you're passionate about someone that's not running by all means write them in.

If someone votes, they should vote because it means something to them.. not because it's just what you're supposed to do.
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Drem » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:05 pm

you're right. so how do we actually get someone on the ballot that's worth voting for? that's the problem. i feel like with the way things are set up if you enter the race you'll make it to the ballot as long as your sponsors don't pull out and you don't shoot yourself in the foot during an interview. i wish it were harder than that. we have brackets for sports, so how come presidents are getting picked after one vote?
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Narrock » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:13 pm

There isn't a major third party available, and from what I've heard, it's damn near impossible to get a major third party going. Libertarian, peace and freedom, united we stand America, the green party, etc etc etc are all not considered "major" so the likelihood of a candidate from one of those parties winning the presidency is pretty much nil.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Gypsiyee » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:21 pm

Narrock wrote:There isn't a major third party available, and from what I've heard, it's damn near impossible to get a major third party going. Libertarian, peace and freedom, united we stand America, the green party, etc etc etc are all not considered "major" so the likelihood of a candidate from one of those parties winning the presidency is pretty much nil.

Not entirely true. I'll reference again back to Teddy Roosevelt as a Progressive Party candidate when he got 11x more electoral votes than the republican candidate (Taft) did. And remember more recently that if not for Ross Perot, the election of 1992 may have turned out much, much differently.. he got what, almost 20% of the popular vote? No electoral votes, but significant nonetheless, and votes that would've likely gone to Bush otherwise and probably given him the electoral lead.

Third parties can gain significance and can even win, but it takes a seriously impassioned grassroots base that doesn't throw in the towel and say "well, this is a wasted vote."
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Narrock » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:10 pm

I know, but "almost" only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades, unfortunately. ;)
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Narrock » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:04 pm

This is interesting: http://www.americanselect.org/
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Jay » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:21 pm

Just make Bill Clinton our king. All probs solved.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Narrock » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:43 pm

Jay wrote:Just make Bill Clinton our king. All probs solved.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Kaemon » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:23 am

Thank God this jackass will be put to rest soon. What a tool.
Adivina wrote:We are the most bipolar acting community, bunch of manics with the mood swings on here.
Kaemon
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby brinstar » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:17 am

Narrock wrote:There isn't a major third party available, and from what I've heard, it's damn near impossible to get a major third party going. Libertarian, peace and freedom, united we stand America, the green party, etc etc etc are all not considered "major" so the likelihood of a candidate from one of those parties winning the presidency is pretty much nil.

aside from the rampant corruption of campaign donations from special interests, this post represents what i hate most about american politics

take a moment, try and envision what it would be like to have ten equally-relevant political parties available to choose your favorite candidates from. rather than "slightly left of center" versus "slightly right of center" for every single election, there are suddenly options all OVER the political spectrum. rather than "ugh i hate that guy, i guess i'll have to vote for the other guy" you can literally choose someone that best aligns to your views. it would be beautiful!

(and i'd vote for bernie muthafuckin sanders)
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Spazz » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:31 pm

i'd vote for bernie muthafuckin sanders

I wish all the time I could vote for Bernie. That guy seems to know whats up. I always hear him on Thom hartman and think wow this dude sounds like he is somone I could get behind why cant he run.
WHITE TRASH METAL SLUMMER
Why Immortal technique?
Perhaps its because I am afraid and he gives me courage.
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby leah » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:55 pm

HA, when did the title of the thread change?? funny.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

PreviousNext

Return to Current Affairs