R.I.P. Steve Jobs

Real Life Events.

Go off topic and I will break you!

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Re: R.I.P. Steve Jobs

Postby Menelvir » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:29 pm

According to the Westboro Baptist Church, Steven Jobs "gave God no glory", and "taught sin" (whatever the fuck that means).

So, of course, they're planning on picketing his funeral, their usual M.O.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/nationnow/2011/10/westboro-baptist-church-plans-to-picket-steve-jobs-funeral.html

The world will be a better place when these people and their ilk are a historical footnote in the annals of those who preached hate and intolerance.
"People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost." - The Dalai Lama
Menelvir
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Spazz » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:44 pm

The WBC should be glad that most americans are semi decent folk or they wouldnt have made it so long.Im not even kidding one day someone is going to snap and kill a few of these fucks and I really am going to laugh. Seriously man if your hate filled enough to protest someones funeral the world doesnt need you around. Ya know im all for freedom of speech but just like you cant yell fire I wouldnt be against making a law that says no protesting at funerals. Its one of those issues that fucks with me on one hand im really pro freedom but on the other the wbc disgusts me to a point where I seriously wish them ill. I mean it man who fucking protests at some ones funeral and thinks thats an ok thing to do ?

This is what i wish would happen to the good revver.

Seriously I hate those fuckers

Ps I love that scene and that movie and when i hear about some piece of shit on the news it always goes through my mind.
WHITE TRASH METAL SLUMMER
Why Immortal technique?
Perhaps its because I am afraid and he gives me courage.
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Zanchief » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:52 pm

That's the stupidest movie. They said don't kill...then kill someone...so righteous...
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Spazz » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:04 pm

No that is one of the best movies and dont kill applies to decent folk not the scumbags who they kill . They are righteous dudes. I know your an elite movie snob though and dont like anything that isnt totally deep and pretentious amIright.

Arlos would I be breakin the law if I told this guy to fuck himself ? :)
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Narrock » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:06 pm

Menelvir wrote:According to the Westboro Baptist Church, Steven Jobs "gave God no glory", and "taught sin" (whatever the fuck that means).

So, of course, they're planning on picketing his funeral, their usual M.O.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/nationnow/2011/10/westboro-baptist-church-plans-to-picket-steve-jobs-funeral.html

The world will be a better place when these people and their ilk are a historical footnote in the annals of those who preached hate and intolerance.

Yet all the members of that church probably use Steve-Jobs-invented-or-inspired-products on a daily basis Lol. Tools.
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Narrock » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:11 pm

Zanchief wrote:That's the stupidest movie. They said don't kill...then kill someone...so righteous...

I'm not sticking up for those A-holes, but their hypocrisy is subtly reminiscent of leftist wackos who want to spare the lives of convicted murderers on death row, yet say it's ok to kill an innocent child growing in a womb... :nuts:
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Spazz » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:16 pm

Im ok with abortion and the death penalty is that consistant enough for you ? My only beef with the death penalty is that it costs a god damn fortune and doesnt seem to deter crime all that much.

I also love the republican stance of forcing a woman to bring a child she doesnt want or isnt ready for into the world and then hating her for needing govt assistance to bring it up. Tit for tat player.
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Phlegm » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:37 pm

Phlegm
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Narrock » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:44 pm

Phlegm wrote:Interesting read about Steve Jobs:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/technology- ... 30955.html

I really respect and admire this man, and any shortcomings he *may* have had doesn't mean anything to me.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Gypsiyee » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:56 pm

Narrock wrote:
Zanchief wrote:That's the stupidest movie. They said don't kill...then kill someone...so righteous...

I'm not sticking up for those A-holes, but their hypocrisy is subtly reminiscent of leftist wackos who want to spare the lives of convicted murderers on death row, yet say it's ok to kill an innocent child growing in a womb... :nuts:

er, those comparisons aren't remotely similar, even in the most subtle sense.
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Narrock » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:58 pm

Gypsiyee wrote:
Narrock wrote:

er, those comparisons aren't remotely similar, even in the most subtle sense.

I hope you're not being serious, cuz... wtf??????????????
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby brinstar » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:18 pm

if a = b then b = a

if being against the death penalty and pro-choice is hypocritical, then so is being "pro-life" and for the death penalty
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby 10sun » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:25 pm

I am all about killing them all.
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby Arlos » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:59 pm

I am against the death penalty almost entirely because it is impossible to have a perfect justice system. As a result, if you have society killing people for crimes, eventually you WILL execute an innocent person. I can't accept that. Add in that it's expensive and that I really don't think it deters crime much, and I don't see the point of it. I think it's really FAR greater punishment for someone to live in a SuperMax prison for 50 years, with only 1 hour a day outside their cell, and maybe 1 hour a week actually outdoors. That is FAR worse punishment than a quick death, if what you're looking for is modern eye-for-an-eye vengeance.

As for abortion, I simply don't view a very early fetus, which is barely a differentiated lump of cells at that point, to be a Child or a Person. This is just like I wouldn't call a bowl with flour, sugar, butter, eggs and milk in it a cake. There's POTENTIAL to be something else, sure, but that's just it, it's only the potential. I consider the rights of the mother to control her own body to be paramount over the theoretical rights of a potential person who may never even develop. (miscarriages DO happen, after all.) Do I think that people should use abortion as a form of birth control? Oh fuck no. That's why it frustrates me no end when I see the right decrying abortion, but then fighting tooth and nail against rational sex-ed classes that actually cover birth control instead of just abstinence. (Sorry, but telling a pack of horny teenagers, "Sex is bad, so don't do it, mmmmkay?" is about as useful as trying to stop a runaway semi with a feather duster.)

As for Jobs, I don't think ignoring aspects of the man you don't care for is a good thing. He had many sides, like we all do. He was indeed well known for sometimes being a jerk, and a horrible boss to work for. That doesn't make him any less a genius or worthy of remembering. It's just better to remember the whole of the ACTUAL person, than putting up some inaccurate marble model.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Gypsiyee » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:22 am

Arlos wrote:I am against the death penalty almost entirely because it is impossible to have a perfect justice system. As a result, if you have society killing people for crimes, eventually you WILL execute an innocent person. I can't accept that. Add in that it's expensive and that I really don't think it deters crime much, and I don't see the point of it. I think it's really FAR greater punishment for someone to live in a SuperMax prison for 50 years, with only 1 hour a day outside their cell, and maybe 1 hour a week actually outdoors. That is FAR worse punishment than a quick death, if what you're looking for is modern eye-for-an-eye vengeance.

As for abortion, I simply don't view a very early fetus, which is barely a differentiated lump of cells at that point, to be a Child or a Person. This is just like I wouldn't call a bowl with flour, sugar, butter, eggs and milk in it a cake. There's POTENTIAL to be something else, sure, but that's just it, it's only the potential. I consider the rights of the mother to control her own body to be paramount over the theoretical rights of a potential person who may never even develop. (miscarriages DO happen, after all.) Do I think that people should use abortion as a form of birth control? Oh fuck no. That's why it frustrates me no end when I see the right decrying abortion, but then fighting tooth and nail against rational sex-ed classes that actually cover birth control instead of just abstinence. (Sorry, but telling a pack of horny teenagers, "Sex is bad, so don't do it, mmmmkay?" is about as useful as trying to stop a runaway semi with a feather duster.)

As for Jobs, I don't think ignoring aspects of the man you don't care for is a good thing. He had many sides, like we all do. He was indeed well known for sometimes being a jerk, and a horrible boss to work for. That doesn't make him any less a genius or worthy of remembering. It's just better to remember the whole of the ACTUAL person, than putting up some inaccurate marble model.

-Arlos

this.

I heart Arlos. I don't need to say anything half the time because he's already said it by the time I have a chance to get on the boards the next day.
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Menelvir » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:41 am

Yep. Well said, on all counts.
"People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost." - The Dalai Lama
Menelvir
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby leah » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:31 am

agreed. arlos ftw.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Tossica » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:00 am

Boondock Saints is a terrible movie. Piece of shit in fact.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Zanchief » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:16 am

I've always been meh on the abortion issue simply because I think it's far more complicated then it's often given credit for. It's one issue that I can see very clearly where the religious nutjobs are coming from, as I don't know if any of us can really define when life begins. Having said that, I think one stat puts me firmly in the "abortions should, at the very least, be legal in most cases” camp.

During the 1950s the biggest cause of death amongst fertile woman (I think aged 14 to 55) was botched abortions. That, to me, is staggering. People will get them whether it's legal or not, and people will die trying. We can argue what term is appropriate and all the junk, but making all abortions illegal is just bad for society.

I watched a movie on the subject called Lake of Fire. It's a doc by the dude that made American History X. It's pretty dense at about 2h 30m, but it's really worth watching. It's a fair bit more objective then most docs are, and talks to intelligent (and stupid) people from both camps.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Harrison » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:19 am

I'm on both sides of the argument.

I consider it murder, at an as of now certain undefinable point because you ARE canceling a life, "potential" or viable...
I also don't think it should be a choice for that reason, at a certain as of now undefinable point...

Though, early enough, it certainly is a choice because it's just some cells. (Even if I think the whole thing is pretty selfish and disgusting personally. "I'm not ready" just reeks of selfishness and ignorance.)

There is no black and white with it. That's the problem.

As to the WBC people? Kill every single fucking one of them, painfully, and publicly. No remorse, none. Make it legal and I will go down there with a rifle myself and blow their legs out and let them suffer for days before I finish them off.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Tossica » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:33 am

I am pro-choice and anti-abortion. I think people need the right to choose but if it's up to me, there are very few reasons to abort a child.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Spazz » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:55 am

As to the WBC people? Kill every single fucking one of them, painfully, and publicly. No remorse, none. Make it legal and I will go down there with a rifle myself and blow their legs out and let them suffer for days before I finish them off.

Hari I think this is a project we can work together on there is no way if the greenlight was given I could let you have all the fun. SOme people just gotta go. .44 specials to the guts for everyone !
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby leah » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:20 am

Tossica wrote:I am pro-choice and anti-abortion. I think people need the right to choose but if it's up to me, there are very few reasons to abort a child.

this is basically how i feel at the core of this issue. it's not a choice i would make myself, but i respect other people's right to do what they want with their own bodies.

and actually, i'd make the argument that very few people are technically "pro-abortion." it's a gross, unpleasant procedure and i don't think there are many people out there who are all "YAY sucking a fetus out of my body, woohoo!!! terrible cramping! moral implications, like guilt and maybe even regret! whee!!"
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Tuggan » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:17 pm

lol "maybe even regret"
Tuggan
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Spazz » Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:33 pm

Whatcha talkin bout tuggan whenevr I get a girl prego I call every liberal I know and we have a big abortion party. We play the abortion drinking game... every liberal girl gets a number and when hers is called out we all have to take as many shots as she has had abortions .... good times good times.
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

PreviousNext

Return to Current Affairs