Occupy Wall Street

Real Life Events.

Go off topic and I will break you!

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Re: Occupy Wall Street

Postby Harrison » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:19 pm

There is something wrong when Zanchief, Jay, Drem, and I all agree on a subject.

Very, very wrong...
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby brinstar » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:13 pm

no it's not wrong that you agree

it's that you're wrong... AND you agree :boots:
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Jay » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:40 pm

brinstar wrote:no it's not wrong that you agree

it's that you're wrong... AND you agree :boots:

I posted. Tell me how I'm wrong.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Drem » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:00 am

no shit, occupy is a joke. our city revoked those idiots and terminated their permit. people that had nothing to do with occupy ended up volunteering their time to clean up after those transient nobodies. they ruined our central park, picked up only what was important to them (tents and drugs), and bailed the site. i actually cared about occupy for the first time when i saw normal citizens cleaning up after these stupid hippy fucks. i cared about how selfish and stupid it is. occupy is a pipe dream. and you're clueless if you're on board. you've suddenly got america's homeless ruining your movement. it's not helping anything, it's only hurting and crying wolf and generally being extremely detrimental to the real world

what came of this, alex? i don't see any progress. just nonsense, people that think they're really cool, people trespassing, devaluing of public land, people getting raped and robbed in the retarded #occupy communes, and a general waste of my (and many others') time. and for what? to be disbanded and forgotten

so like jay said, we posted, please tell us how we're wrong. i can pull up police reports, eyewitness shit, whatever you want. nothing good came of this. at least not in eugene
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby brinstar » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:14 pm

i haven't responded because i've already expended waaaay too much energy trying to explain shit that people here, for whatever reason, had already decided not to understand

jay, i read your post, and i liked it. obviously people like you are neither a) the problem nor b) who OWS is trying to reach out to

drem, the way OWS organizes itself requires conscientious participation and mutual respect from everyone involved. obviously that's nearly fucking impossible if/when negative elements are allowed to go unchecked - litter, graffiti, violence, etc. that being said i am sorry OE couldn't get their shit together. we are a model camp here - no litter, no violence, no rape, no drugs, no nothing. someone (we never found out who) tagged a wall a block over with OCCUPY LINCOLN so we banded together and cleaned that shit up on OUR dime. parks dept loves us, they don't have to send workers to clean our area because we do it ourselves. we have even set aside funds to replace the grass our tents have killed. we have our shit together and have had zero drama with the local PD. edit: and the city attorney has actually stuck up for us against VERY loud criticism from Nebraska Right to Life - which, in a state like this, means a fat lot. NebRTL is the biggest conservative political force in NE (outside of the actual GOP) and for the city atty to stick up for us says a lot about how the fuck we handle ourselves.

has OWS on a whole mishandled some things? obviously. anyone involved would admit that. but it has succeeded in redirecting the national conversation from stale partisanship haggling over deficits and debt ceilings to shining a light on one of the main reasons we HAVE a deficit: outrageous income inequality and systemically corrosive incest between business and government. it has also put some traction under a growing push to overturn the massive travesty known as Citizens United. finally in a broad sense it has reenergized a stagnant progressive base. but nevermind, go back to making chicken for rich people.
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Previous

Return to Current Affairs