Occupy Wall Street

Real Life Events.

Go off topic and I will break you!

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Occupy Wall Street

Postby Zanchief » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:20 am

Since you brought it up a few times Brin, I thought I'd start my own thread.

Can you tell me exactly why these guys are protesting Wall Street? Do they not know how the system works?

It's like getting angry at the Heat because they have too many good players and win too many games when they're just playing by the rules they're given.

You want to fix the problem, head of to Washington. They're the ones who make the rules.

That's why I can never really get into these Liberal movements. They all seem to be run by morons and are usually not realistic at all.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Re: Occupy Wall Street

Postby Narrock » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:28 am

Holy shit! I agree with Zan! LOL. I know you're addressing Brinstar, but I have to chime in. :p. I understand the frustration of these people, but they are going about it the wrong way. And if you've seen interviews with some of them... they dont even know why they're there. Lol.
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Harrison » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:38 am

I fucking despise protestors who protest shit they can't even explain.

I get it. Life is fucking hard. But, you're going after the wrong people like Zan said.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/44888058

Thousands of vacant jobs, 14MILLION unemployed...

I'm currently going for my drug test for a possible second job right now, waiting on a call back on a third I may replace one of the others with. Jobs are out there. People don't want to work when they can mooch off unemployment for over a fucking year, with free health insurance, and welfare to boot.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Zanchief » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:53 am

I think I should clarify a few points. I don't blame Obama for this or the current government, it's just that if this is an issue you feel strongly about, you need to go about it the right way. Asking business' to be more ethical when it will cost their bottom-line is not realistic. It's simply not going to happen and all you'll be doing is punishing the good people by giving them an unfair disadvantage.

You need to change the rules if you want honest corporations. You want to stop cronyism and lobbying? The government is the only one who can do anything about it. These protest to nothing to address that. It’s a waste of time and it’s making an important movement look stupid.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Griever » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:58 am

Or how about protestors shutting down the National Air and Space Museum in DC to protest the use of unmanned drones in the military? Regardless if they are right or wrong, marching on a museum is not the place to be proving your point. Instead their movement accomplishes nothing and they comes off looking like an aggressive mob.
Griever
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Zanchief » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:00 am

What's wrong with unmanned drones in the military? Jeez everyone's got a bug up their ass about something these days.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Narrock » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:04 am

Zanchief wrote:I think I should clarify a few points. I don't blame Obama for this or the current government, it's just that if this is an issue you feel strongly about, you need to go about it the right way. Asking business' to be more ethical when it will cost their bottom-line is not realistic. It's simply not going to happen and all you'll be doing is punishing the good people by giving them an unfair disadvantage.

You need to change the rules if you want honest corporations. You want to stop cronyism and lobbying? The government is the only one who can do anything about it. These protest to nothing to address that. It’s a waste of time and it’s making an important movement look stupid.

Zan, we currently have the most corrupt administration America has ever seen. Obama is a puppet of Geoge Soros, and he will retire a multi-millionaire from his ill-gotten gains. And lets not forget about his increasing the federal deficit by trillions of dollars, incorporating the typical democrat tax-and-spend philosophy, which always, ALWAYS leaves us far worse off than before. And all he does is play the blame game, blaming previous republican administrations. It's absolute corruption. "Abuse of power" is the best and most accurate way to define the obama administration, and that's why I often disrespectfully refer to him as "Failprez barry." He earned it for fucking us so bad. Heh, sorry for going off on a tangent but it was necessary. Those protestors would actually be more effective if they changed their effort and slogan to "Occupy Obama" or something to that effect.
Last edited by Narrock on Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Zanchief » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:22 am

Ok I'll just ignore the Glenn Beck lunacy about Obama's corruption since it's all just nonsense.

If you think a Republican president wouldn't have handled the economic crisis the same you, you're wrong. Obama was dealt a shitty hand right out of the gate and people have been killing him for it. If you want to look anywhere, look at the administration that was in power for 8 years before he stepped in. You need to spend to get out of a recession. He did that. Same thing happened here under a Conservative government. Get over it.

The reason most people are upset with Obama is because he hasn't been liberal enough.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Griever » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:22 am

Zanchief wrote:What's wrong with unmanned drones in the military? Jeez everyone's got a bug up their ass about something these days.

From http://www.codepinkalert.org

DRONES are the most horrific 'war toy' since nuclear weapons. They are unmanned aircraft that soldiers sitting at computer consoles in Creech AFB, Indian Springs, Nevada, operate - ordering DRONES to kill people 7000 miles away in Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq.

Apparently, they rather humans kill humans face to face.
Griever
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Zanchief » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:26 am

Maybe those darn arabs can make drones and we can have a Real Steel type war where no soldiers get killed. I think there's a Star Trek episode about this.

Obviously those people are nutty.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Narrock » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:31 am

Zanchief wrote:Ok I'll just ignore the Glenn Beck lunacy about Obama's corruption since it's all just nonsense.

If you think a Republican president wouldn't have handled the economic crisis the same you, you're wrong. Obama was dealt a shitty hand right out of the gate and people have been killing him for it. If you want to look anywhere, look at the administration that was in power for 8 years before he stepped in. You need to spend to get out of a recession. He did that. Same thing happened here under a Conservative government. Get over it.

The reason most people are upset with Obama is because he hasn't been liberal enough.

In other words, you bought into the propaganda of the government-media complex. I don't blame you. A lot of people were duped into the same mindset.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Narrock » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:02 am

Here's all you need to know about the "occupy wall street" geniuses. lol. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occupy_Wall_Street
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby brinstar » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:20 am

i have been following this movement since before it began, and i believe with all my heart in its spirit and purpose

i am also critical of certain aspects and quite concerned for its future

but i am at work so i cannot offer serious comment

i will craft a meaningful post about it when i get home tonight

edited to add correct modifiers ><
Last edited by brinstar on Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Spazz » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:39 am

I think this is why they are pissed. I think a lot of the anger comes from the fact that the government is bought and paid for. Its not doing the liberals will its not doing the conservatives will its doing special interests will. People in this country are seriously pissed. We keep blaming bush and obama and this that and the other thing but the major issue is that the government is paid for and no longer serves us.

That said I have seen a lot of morons on me tv all week and im like dude if the media is going to talk to you dont sound like your a fucking stoned out of your mind and havent got the slightest clue what your about it makes you look bad.
WHITE TRASH METAL SLUMMER
Why Immortal technique?
Perhaps its because I am afraid and he gives me courage.
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Narrock » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:56 am

Keith Olbermann... :rofl: Not any putdown towards you Spazz, but K.O. is a bigger idiot than Chris Matthews, which is not an easy feat.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Gaazy » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:56 am

Harrison wrote:I fucking despise protestors who protest shit they can't even explain.

I get it. Life is fucking hard. But, you're going after the wrong people like Zan said.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/44888058

Thousands of vacant jobs, 14MILLION unemployed...

I'm currently going for my drug test for a possible second job right now, waiting on a call back on a third I may replace one of the others with. Jobs are out there. People don't want to work when they can mooch off unemployment for over a fucking year, with free health insurance, and welfare to boot.

Boom.

No one really knows hard hard it is to find skilled workers, like welders (good ones at least). I need some right NOW actually and cant find any that can pass a welding test (or a drug test). I get maybe 10 applications a week or two, and id say 7 out of 10 cant pass the godamn drug test. Now some people say what do you care what someone does at home? And I say, fuck you, I'll give a drug test if I damn well please. How do I know its done at home and not in the bathroom at work. Some people hide being high really well.

My best employees and really the only ones with the knowledge are over 50. No idea what I will do in a few years
But then again, maybe I wont be in this side of business. My cousin wants to buy another company in Illinois and send me out there to run it
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Spazz » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:58 am

Keith Olbermann... :rofl: Not any putdown towards you Spazz, but K.O. is a bigger idiot than Chris Matthews, which is not an easy feat

Slow your role hes reading a statement from them about why they are pissed.
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Spazz » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:03 am

fuck you, I'll give a drug test if I damn well please. How do I know its done at home and not in the bathroom at work.

But if they be on a prescription its all good right ? Poppin anything that is made of opiates all day will fuck you up just as badly and I know that you know that but its ok still because drs gave them to you for legit medical reasons. I know your looking out for liabilities and the way the system is set up you have to but at the same time its the current system that is the problem. Spose you found out one of your oldtimers has kept it on the downlow for years would it change your opinion on them? Some people are fuckin morons no matter what is in they system.
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Harrison » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:29 pm

You can't operate machinery under the influence of prescriptions any more than you can on illegal substances. That is irrelevant, really.

A prescribed opiate in comparable doses isn't going to hinder your ability any less than heroin.

Anyways, the problem is responsibility, not an addiction or lack of one. I just took a drug test that I will very obviously pass. Could I have been taking drugs all this time while looking for another job? Of course. It's just irresponsible.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Gypsiyee » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:36 pm

Narrock wrote:Keith Olbermann... :rofl: Not any putdown towards you Spazz, but K.O. is a bigger idiot than Chris Matthews, which is not an easy feat.

the link he posted is simply the statement released by the occupiers themselves, not analysis from Olbermann. although, Olbermann is far more reasoned than Matthews or Schultz and you're comparing apples to oranges there. All liberal pundits are not created equal, nor are all conservative pundits. We can only hope that people are wise enough to tell the cracker jacks from the good ones on either side.

anyhow, I'm not sure how exactly you can say the Obama administration is the most corrupt administration we've ever seen when a good hunk of members in the Reagan administration literally aided in funding and arming the rise of terrorism as we know it today...

been a busy work day but more later!
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Gypsiyee » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:47 pm

Gaazy wrote: How do I know its done at home and not in the bathroom at work. Some people hide being high really well.

now, as most of you on this board know I don't do any drugs, never have really.. but if people hide being high well enough that you have no idea and it's not impacting their quality of work, why would it make any difference..? if they're desperate for a job, yes they should quit, but if you're desperate for good workers and you're dismissing them on the prospect of a hypothetical situation, you're kind of just as guilty.

and i think you guys are fooling yourselves if you think that just because there's a bunch of jobs listed on a website that there's just infinite resources if "those fat lazy fucks would just get up and try."

There are MBAs who haven't even been able to land a job in fast food in this economic climate. they get stuck between a rock and a hard place. employers who offer jobs that they're well qualified for don't have the spots because of the stiff competition and crappy jobs won't hire them because they're way overqualified and don't want to take the jobs away from people who have minimum wage careers and can't afford to be without that $7 an hour. Blue collar isn't going to work the same as white collar. Welding and other trades are a niche jobs that require training and you can't expect that people who have all of their experience and education in one field can just up and abandon everything they know to spend money getting certified in a blue collar career and vice versa.
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Narrock » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:30 pm

Gypsiyee wrote:
Narrock wrote:Keith Olbermann... :rofl: Not any putdown towards you Spazz, but K.O. is a bigger idiot than Chris Matthews, which is not an easy feat.

the link he posted is simply the statement released by the occupiers themselves, not analysis from Olbermann. although, Olbermann is far more reasoned than Matthews or Schultz and you're comparing apples to oranges there. All liberal pundits are not created equal, nor are all conservative pundits. We can only hope that people are wise enough to tell the cracker jacks from the good ones on either side.

anyhow, I'm not sure how exactly you can say the Obama administration is the most corrupt administration we've ever seen when a good hunk of members in the Reagan administration literally aided in funding and arming the rise of terrorism as we know it today...

been a busy work day but more later!
I'm pretty sure that former members of the Reagan administration "funding and arming the rise of terrorism..." is a stretch, but it's a fact that this guy:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Ayers is a personal friend of obama.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Harrison » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:32 pm

The problem is people look down upon blue collar careers, too.

Snobby college kids get out expecting to rake in 100k a year won't take a job welding, training provided. They snub their nose at it.

but if people hide being high well enough that you have no idea and it's not impacting their quality of work, why would it make any difference..?

Liability. If anything happens, you can be assured it's directly or indirectly as a result of their altered state of mind, lessened reaction speeds, etc. I know *I* wouldn't want to work next to someone high as fuck, regardless of how well they handle it.

Also, the bullshit about "funding terrorism" is nothing new and has been done by EVERY president. The question is whether they factored in the repercussions, or didn't.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Narrock » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:57 pm

Hey, the Palestinians are doing the same thing, except their wacky movement is called "Occupy Israel."
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Spazz » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:00 pm

*I* wouldn't want to work next to someone high as fuck, regardless of how well they handle it.

Its a drug war issue. You are around people that are high as fuck all the time. How many people are on xanax or opiates in america? Theres a good chance your around several of them daily. The real issue is that one is legal and one isnt. If shit shows up thats legal on a tox screen im sure your in better standing but it really is no different.

SHit in this country is retarded lets say you get in an accident 5 days after smoking a joint on the weekend. You know and I know that it had nothing to do with the accident but its what will be blamed for the accident.

Im not saying people should be stoned as fuck at work What I am saying is people should be free to do as they please when not at work as long as they show up straight and do what is expected of them.
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Next

Return to Current Affairs