Occupy Wall Street

Real Life Events.

Go off topic and I will break you!

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Re: Occupy Wall Street

Postby Narrock » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:05 pm

brinstar wrote:brief update:

last tuesday riot cops in oakland attacked protesters with rubber slugs, flashbangs, and tear gas. two-time iraq veteran Scott Olsen suffered fractured skull from tear gas canister impact. last wednesday general assembly reaches over 96% consensus to call for a general strike for 11/2...

which is today. upwards of 30,000 people shut down oakland. banks close, businesses close (many voluntarily), and, aided in part by wildcat strikes, the port grinds to a standstill. at least five supercargo ships float fully loaded, with no longshoremen to unload them. semis line up outside, unable to pass a picket line. first american general strike in 65 years, largest bay-area demonstration since 'nam.

meanwhile, in NYC, 200 OWS protesters surround a Goldman Sachs bldg where Dubya is speaking at a tribute dinner/mixer, chanting "ARREST GEORGE BUSH" - but he makes a getaway in unmarked cop car.

shit's getting real.

Shit's getting real AND stupid. They are getting out of hand with their nonsense. It's one thing to have a peaceful protest, but this shit is insanity, and is NOT advancing their "cause." If this keeps escalating, the military will be called in and things are going to get VERY VERY ugly for them, and they won't have anybody to blame but themselves.
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Spazz » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:20 pm

You must be insane. If the military is seen attacking citizens on the news at dinner time all over america the military and those in power are going to look really bad. If you think people are mad and protesting now wait till theres a kent state incident and see what happens. You better hope the cops take a chill and some perspective of whats going on or else things are going to go from protests to full blown riots. Put your politics aside for a second and ask yourself do you really want to see cities burning and people going ape all over america ? Weather its the tea party or OWS people in this country are mad as fuck and sooner or later if things dont change for the better people are going to really start acting out.

PS the only reason you didnt see this shit with the cops and protesters at tea party rallies is because them niggas go out armed and your kidding your self if you dont think that didnt cross the cops minds. Police are trained to bully protesters no matter what they politics are. See it all the time people show up and protest and are chill then the cops penn them in and start being agressive. Next someone throws a rock or a bottle and the police go ultimate warrior mode beat people up and say see they started it. One side shows up armed to the teeth and the other shows up clothes on they back who do you think starts the violence ?
WHITE TRASH METAL SLUMMER
Why Immortal technique?
Perhaps its because I am afraid and he gives me courage.
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Narrock » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:23 am

Spazz wrote:You must be insane. If the military is seen attacking citizens on the news at dinner time all over america the military and those in power are going to look really bad. If you think people are mad and protesting now wait till theres a kent state incident and see what happens. You better hope the cops take a chill and some perspective of whats going on or else things are going to go from protests to full blown riots. Put your politics aside for a second and ask yourself do you really want to see cities burning and people going ape all over america ? Weather its the tea party or OWS people in this country are mad as fuck and sooner or later if things dont change for the better people are going to really start acting out.

PS the only reason you didnt see this shit with the cops and protesters at tea party rallies is because them niggas go out armed and your kidding your self if you dont think that didnt cross the cops minds. Police are trained to bully protesters no matter what they politics are. See it all the time people show up and protest and are chill then the cops penn them in and start being agressive. Next someone throws a rock or a bottle and the police go ultimate warrior mode beat people up and say see they started it. One side shows up armed to the teeth and the other shows up clothes on they back who do you think starts the violence ?

Put YOUR politics aside. If these morons keep blocking businesses, and this whole "movement" escalates, a lot more people are going to lose their business, more people are going to become unemployed, and the end result is that they WILL be quashed. These fucking morons are blocking banks, busting windows, looting, preventing truckers from picking up their load (OMFG I'd love to have to go to the port of Oakland to pick up a load... oh yes) And don't give me that "it's a rogue group of protestors." Bullshit. They all guilty.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Zanchief » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:27 am

Narrock wrote:They all guilty.

Sweet, glad we can start using the WBC to attack all religious people!
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Lyion » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:27 am

Why the military? Why violate the Posse Comitatus Act and not just use local law enforcement? For a few hundred mostly kids sitting in the streets?

The right to protest is one of the most important freedoms in our country and anyone who wants to squelch that should really consider if that's in the best interests of our country.

I'm personally more worried about the trillions the Fortune 500 are holding in reserve while shipping vast amounts of both blue and white collar jobs overseas than I am about a few protesters spray painting the walls of banks. I think you should be too, as if this continues it's a threat to our way of life. I disagree with most of the platforms being supported by the OWS as I feel it's more of a progressive front for class warfare, but I support their right to make a statement and I also believe change is needed in our corrupt banking and financials system.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Narrock » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:32 am

The protestors really make me want to be a cop again.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Narrock » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:34 am

Zanchief wrote:
Narrock wrote:They all guilty.

Sweet, glad we can start using the WBC to attack all religious people!

Apples and Oranges
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Spazz » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:51 am

Put YOUR politics aside. If these morons keep blocking businesses, and this whole "movement" escalates, a lot more people are going to lose their business, more people are going to become unemployed, and the end result is that they WILL be quashed

I dont think it would be a good thing if more people went on unemployment BUT it might be a better thing if another chunk of people go on unemployment and it forces the government to deal with the corruption coming from wall street and the buying of our politicians.
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Narrock » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:29 pm

Spazz wrote:
Put YOUR politics aside. If these morons keep blocking businesses, and this whole "movement" escalates, a lot more people are going to lose their business, more people are going to become unemployed, and the end result is that they WILL be quashed

I dont think it would be a good thing if more people went on unemployment BUT it mi.ht be a better thing if another chunk of people go on unemployment and it forces the government to deal with the corruption coming from wall street and the buying of our politicians.
. The Occupy (insert city here) retards are going to cripple our economy worse than Failprez barry already did, and unemployment will rise. The occupiers also vowed to flood the courts with trials that are going to cost taxpayers about $10k per case. They are getting out of hand, and any respect I had for them is now gone completely. It's time to increase tear-gas production and possibly bring in the military to quell and quash these lunatics.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Spazz » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:41 pm

Get a grip dude. Seriously stop with this failprez shit its not cute or funny it makes you sound like an idiot. Second the protesters arent destroying the economy. They are protesting the guys that did that. Last but not least calling out the military on them is going to have the complete opposite effect that you desire. If people turn on the evening news and see dudes in camo fucking up college kids and vets and all the other groups that are at the protests they arent going to say way to go guys they are going to say that is fucked up and if you think people in this country are pissed off now wait till you see the reaction to citizens being attacked by their own military.

Seriously saying you want to see the united states military attack its own citizens really ranks up there as one of the more absurd things you have ever said.

Just stop it dude just stop.
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby araby » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:47 pm

I do think of what Egypt might be if not for protests.
araby
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Narrock » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:10 pm

Spazz wrote:Get a grip dude. Seriously stop with this failprez shit its not cute or funny it makes you sound like an idiot. Second the protesters arent destroying the economy. They are protesting the guys that did that. Last but not least calling out the military on them is going to have the complete opposite effect that you desire. If people turn on the evening news and see dudes in camo fucking up college kids and vets and all the other groups that are at the protests they arent going to say way to go guys they are going to say that is fucked up and if you think people in this country are pissed off now wait till you see the reaction to citizens being yattacked by their own military.

Seriously saying you want to see the united states military attack its own citizens really ranks up there as one of the more absurd things you have ever said.

Just stop it dude just stop.

We are almost to that point Spazz, like it or not. I'm not saying the military should "fuck them up.". I'm saying it's almost time to call in the military to quash the idiots like the ones in Oakland. Peace must be kept, order must be restored, and commerce needs to be allowed to commence freely again. I smell a National curfew coming too. And I hope you're kidding about your criticism of me calling him Failprez barry. He hasn't done anything right yet! Trust me, FPb is going to go down as the worst president in U.S. history.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Spazz » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:16 pm

Im not calling him an awesome president I am saying that failprezbarry makes you sound like an idot. Im not a big fan of him I think hes an empty suit. Im not a fan of the guy before him either but I didnt see you come up with a cute name for that guy.

And for the billionth time no calling out the national guard is not needed. That is going to make shit a lot worse. Commerce hasnt come to an end due to the protesters and they have the right to protest and assemble .

Jesus christ dude if you want to talk politics Ill talk them with you but need to come back down to earth and quit spouting this lunacy about calling in the army on citizens. You dont have to like them or support the movement but seeing as you love this country and the constitution you should defend their right.

You know witht he mindset so many have on the right today..... if you guys existed in the 1700s we would still be property of England. Seriously corperations and politicians have raped this country and you seem to be madder at the folks calling bullshit than on the guys guilty of fucking the country up.

Your starting to irritate me so im going to take a break
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Narrock » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:33 pm

Spazz wrote:Im not calling him an awesome president I am saying that failprezbarry makes you sound like an idot. Im not a big fan of him I think hes an empty suit. Im not a fan of the guy before him either but I didnt see you come up with a cute name for that guy.

And for the billionth time no calling out the national guard is not needed. That is going to make shit a lot worse. Commerce hasnt come to an end due to the protesters and they have the right to protest and assemble .

Jesus christ dude if you want to talk politics Ill talk them with you but need to come back down to earth and quit spouting this lunacy about calling in the army on citizens. You dont have to like them or support the movement but seeing as you love this country and the constitution you should defend their right.

You know witht he mindset so many have on the right today..... if you guys existed in the 1700s we would still be property of England. Seriously corperations and politicians have raped this country and you seem to be madder at the folks calling bullshit than on the guys guilty of fucking the country up.

Your starting to irritate me so im going to take a break

Again, you don't seem to understand my position on this. I'll break it down (again)... I'm with the occupiers from the perspective of being fed up with corruption on wall street and big banks. I also support the occupiers right to peacefully protest (holding up signs, chanting clever slogans, shouting, etc.) against all the corruption that has been plaguing us forever. What I'm against is them obstructing commerce, threatening to jam up our courts (which will cost taxpayers hundreds of thousands of dollars) and committing acts of vandalism and violence. These so-called "isolated incidents" are happening all over the country, not just Oakland. So, even if the guard were to be called in, the "peaceful' activists will have nothing to worry about, right? It's only the extreme groups that would be given the smackdown... and rightfully so (and I retract my statement of lumping them all in one group). Then you'll also see bullshit claims of "police brutality" and "excessive force" BLAH BLAH FUCKING BLAH. What many of these occupier clowns don't realize is that there are going to be consequences to their criminal actions. They don't get a "free ride" just because they're in a mob, angry, and "exercising their rights." Fuck them. Bring on the tear gas, clubs, and enough troops to stop them, period.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby brinstar » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:17 am

1. the ones "fucking shit up" in oakland numbered in the couple dozens, compared with 20,000+ peaceful demonstrators.

2. #occupy people made them stop and cleaned shit up themselves

3. those who stuck around well into the night and received another round of police brutality also numbered around ~100 or so - again, miniscule compared to the 20,000+ peaceful protesters that caused zero problems.

believe me, i'm just as mad at the black bloc d-bags as you are. i just wonder how many of them are actually cops (hint: more than zero)
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Harrison » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:28 pm

Still struggling to muster an ounce of sympathy for any of this myself.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby brinstar » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:25 pm

yeah man, caring about stuff is totally lame
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Harrison » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:14 pm

That's not even it. I just don't see a purpose to it.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Spazz » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:26 pm

You dont see a purpose to letting wall street and the government know your pissed ?
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby brinstar » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:25 pm

kill your apathy, switch on your brain. i know it works when you let it. shit man, if not for you then for the bun cooking in your GF's oven~

fifteen years from now when s/he comes to you with starry eyes and says "dad, we learned about #occupy in school today. is it really true that rich people used to own the government? did you help change that?" i sincerely fucking hope you have a better answer than "meh, i thought the whole thing was dumb so i just sat around playing battlefield 3 and listening to metalcore"
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Zanchief » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:53 am

If 15 years from now people are still using hashtags to talk about stuff I'll hang myself.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby brinstar » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:55 am

haha

i'm sure it'll be far, far worse by then
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Drem » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:26 am

Zanchief wrote:If 15 years from now people are still using hashtags to talk about stuff I'll hang myself.

best thing twitter did for the world. love it. and i'm glad it pisses you off
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Zanchief » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:15 am

You love hashtags? I don't get it.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Gypsiyee » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:22 am

I gotta say, I'm not in the know on hashtags either. Think I fail at interweb lingo.
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

PreviousNext

Return to Current Affairs