Lesbian couple to give hormone treatments to their...

Real Life Events.

Go off topic and I will break you!

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Re: Lesbian couple to give hormone treatments to their...

Postby Zanchief » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:57 am

Narrock wrote:Well, I'm just telling you how I would react in that stuation. That doesn't make me wrong or bad.

I think it would.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Narrock » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:55 pm

Zanchief wrote:
Narrock wrote:Well, I'm just telling you how I would react in that stuation. That doesn't make me wrong or bad.

I think it would.
That's a shocker.
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Spazz » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:20 pm

You know what mindia. I think you absolutely love your daughter and you say you would be upset now but if she really did grow up to be gay I think you would defend her against people like yourself rabidly. I think youd get over it very quickly and support her no matter what. You might be a tool sometimes but I dont doubt your love for your child. I dont think you would try to tell her shes straight or try to fix the gay because in the back of your mind you wouldnt be able to bring yourself to hurt her or make her feel depressed or worse about herself.

I think in a strange way I may have just given you a compliment.
WHITE TRASH METAL SLUMMER
Why Immortal technique?
Perhaps its because I am afraid and he gives me courage.
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Narrock » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:55 pm

Thanks? lol
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Spazz » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:32 pm

I guess what im saying is I think your love for your little girl is stronger than your political convictions:)
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Griever » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:28 am

I actually think Mindia would try to "fix" her daughter if she confessed she was gay. Because Mindia loves his daughter so much, in his mind he would be trying to "save" her because she would be committing an abomination and would be doomed by the morals of Christianity. She would basically be a walking contradiction to everything Mindia believes in.
Griever
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Zanchief » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:20 am

Betting on Mindia being tolerant is a suckers bet, Spazz.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Spazz » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:07 am

Im not betting on him to be tolerant im betting im him loving his kid more than he hates queers.
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Gypsiyee » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:28 am

Griever wrote:I actually think Mindia would try to "fix" her daughter if she confessed she was gay. Because Mindia loves his daughter so much, in his mind he would be trying to "save" her because she would be committing an abomination and would be doomed by the morals of Christianity. She would basically be a walking contradiction to everything Mindia believes in.

this is my bet, but that's not to say it's him being a bad person. I think he'd do it because he truly believed it to be in her best interest, not to hurt her.

I think most parents who try to insist their child be something other than they are do so because they believe it's what's best for them. I don't think good and loving parents ever go out of their way to hurt their child, and Mindia isn't an exception to that. I don't think anyone questions his love for his daughter.

Good intentions don't necessarily constitute the right thing to do nor do they always produce good results, though. If it's morally reprehensible to try and force your kid to be gay, it's equally so to try and force your kid to be straight.
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Zanchief » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:38 am

Gypsiyee wrote:If it's morally reprehensible to try and force your kid to be gay, it's equally so to try and force your kid to be straight.

Lady, you're making all kinds of sense today. I'm afraid it will all be for nothing though.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Narrock » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:11 pm

What up? Um, I know I'd be disappointed. You (rhetorically speaking) can think about and say how you would handle it, but you actually DON'T know how you'd handle it until you're confronted with that situation.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Gypsiyee » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:44 pm

Narrock wrote:What up? Um, I know I'd be disappointed. You (rhetorically speaking) can think about and say how you would handle it, but you actually DON'T know how you'd handle it until you're confronted with that situation.

As someone with 3 family members who are/were homosexual or bisexual (I say were because 2 are now deceased, one from a suicide deriving from responses to her coming out), I certainly know how I'd respond because I've already responded to it. It's no different accepting it for a sister, uncle, or cousin than it is to accept it for a child.

I will tell you this.. I may not be a mother yet, but I never, ever want to see my child go through the anguish and internal struggle I've seen family members and friends go through while fighting who they are just to be deemed an acceptable human being by the masses.
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Narrock » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:23 pm

Sorry to hear about your loss Gyps. :(
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Gypsiyee » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:43 pm

it wasn't recent, so it's not raw or anything. it just sucked to see what my cousin went through. she was a stellar person--one of the types that comes around seldom in a lifetime that'd give you the shirt off her back without flinching. I remember when I was little we were visiting for christmas (they live up in the catskills) and I was really distressed to be in the cabin instead of the house which was two miles away--we were snowed in and she walked me all the way there on piggyback just so i wouldn't be upset anymore.

no one deserves to feel like they're a lesser person for something beyond their control, especially not someone with a genuine heart like hers.

that's the unfortunate reality for a lot of homosexuals. people can't relate and can't understand, so they tend to project what they believe is right or wrong on them. some are well-meaning and some are outright cruel. in the midst of it you get this lost person who constantly questions themself and their worth and sacrifices their happiness to conform to what people want them to be and expect of them.

it can be a pretty rotten and lonely unfulfilled life if you don't have enough support from people who are understanding and offer unconditional love to counteract the negative that's constantly thwarted at them.
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Spazz » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:09 pm

And that is exactly why If mindias girl grew up to be lez he wouldnt do anything retarded. Hes got the internet and reads about gay suicides and what not and I dont think he would risk the life of his little girl over politics. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth to feel im defending him too :(
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Narrock » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:55 pm

Spazz wrote:And that is exactly why If mindias girl grew up to be lez he wouldnt do anything retarded. Hes got the internet and reads about gay suicides and what not and I dont think he would risk the life of his little girl over politics. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth to feel im defending him too :(

Dude, I bet you'd like me outside of the NT. Farreal bro.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Tuggan » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:11 pm

he's a smoker, and probably wouldnt take it too kindly if you refused to let him sit on your furniture.
Tuggan
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Zanchief » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:49 pm

F that, Arlos, my comment was 100% valid. It's people like Mindia that caused Gyps cousin to kill herself, and he should know it. His beliefs in this regard are shameful.

Censorship in this situation is just enabling.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Spazz » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:18 pm

I agree that the way some people react to queers is shameful but what are you gonna do force them to not be bigots ? Its funny to me that on one hand you bitch about censorship and on the other want to censor people. :) just sayin bro just sayin ......

Im all for anti bullying but a tiny voice in the back of my head does whisper to me about the thought police. Its kind of a tricky discussion to have without looking like a hyocrite. I hate racism and prejudice but I also hate anything that limits free speech.

Zanchief I think I dislike you more than any other poster here including mindia.
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Zanchief » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:31 pm

I'm not trying to censor him. He's free to say what ever he wants, and I'm free to tell him he's wrong.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Narrock » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:11 pm

Zanchief wrote:F that, Arlos, my comment was 100% valid. It's people like Mindia that caused Gyps cousin to kill herself, and he should know it. His beliefs in this regard are shameful.

Slow your roll dude. Think about what you just said. First of all it's not true, and secondly, that's waaaaaaay harsh. I said I would be disappointed... not ridicule, shame, or abandon her (which is the treatment Gypsiyee's cousin got from her family.)
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Narrock » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:11 pm

Tuggan wrote:he's a smoker, and probably wouldnt take it too kindly if you refused to let him sit on your furniture.

:lol:
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Spazz » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:14 pm

See mindia I dont ever get along with you and I had your back up in this bitch.
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Arlos » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:57 am

Zanchief wrote:F that, Arlos, my comment was 100% valid. It's people like Mindia that caused Gyps cousin to kill herself, and he should know it. His beliefs in this regard are shameful.

You don't know WHAT he would do, as he hasn't been put in that situation. From what he's posted HERE, it sounds like he might disagree with the choice, but wouldn't be one of those parents that disowns their child for it, or drives them off, etc. But suggesting he, personally, is responsible? That's a stretch even in MY book.

I did delete your comment, yes, because it was a direct personal attack. Sorry, but I refer you to the stickied post at the top of the forum. There were ways to get your point across without attacking the PERSON. Alternately, if you want to vent your spleen directly at him, feel free to post in EE. You know me, I am hardly the sort to censor anyone, no matter what their point of view. As long as you are making an ARGUMENT and not an attack.

I don't know about anyone else, but I've been pretty happy with the changes I've seen here since I got fed up and made the post/rules change/enforcement. There has been a lot more actual DISCUSSION, less mindless ranting and insults, and people seem to be in a better mood all around. Maybe that's just my delusional impression, but I don't think so.

I may agree with you in a lot of your political convictions, but the rules apply to people I agree with as well as those I disagree with. As I said, feel free to make personal attack posts in EE, I won't touch them there. HERE though, as I said, some needling and minor ball-busting is OK, but I simply don't want to put up with the levels of personal animosity we had here before. If you don't like how I'm handling things, feel free to send a complaint message to Gidan and ask him to revoke my mod-hood.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Gypsiyee » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:34 am

Narrock wrote:

Slow your roll dude. Think about what you just said. First of all it's not true, and secondly, that's waaaaaaay harsh. I said I would be disappointed... not ridicule, shame, or abandon her (which is the treatment Gypsiyee's cousin got from her family.)

Not family.. she didn't take any ridicule from any of her family that she associated with on a regular basis that I'm aware of. All of us loved her unconditionally. My aunt and uncle are really old fashioned (my aunt calls me lovey and deary, always makes me giggle--she's 13 years older than my mom) and were taken aback I guess you could say, but they didn't care--didn't change her in their eyes. It was more difficult with like, neighbors, co-workers, etc. Small town in the mountains, word spreads fast
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

PreviousNext

Return to Current Affairs