the ever-advancing encroachment of christmas consumerism

Real Life Events.

Go off topic and I will break you!

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Re: the ever-advancing encroachment of christmas consumerism

Postby vonkaar » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:37 pm

Narrock wrote: Best Buy, who should change their name to Worst Buy.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHA
Gaazy wrote:Now vonk on the other hand, is one of the most self absorbed know it alls in my memory of this site. Ive always thought so, and I still cant understand why in gods name he is here
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Narrock » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:57 pm

:(
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Spazz » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:15 pm

Dont know why thats funny best buy fuckin sucks. I have had nothing but problems dealing with them. Never want to honer the insurance you buy with your items are always rude as fuck and just in general not very knowledgeable about the products they sell.
WHITE TRASH METAL SLUMMER
Why Immortal technique?
Perhaps its because I am afraid and he gives me courage.
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Drem » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:08 am

the only thing i really consume is local food and beer. i don't even buy shit for my fiance on her birthday. and she doesn't buy me shit either. wouldn't have it any other way

black friday sounds like a shit show to me, i'd rather be going to bed around 4am after a good and long thanksgiving seeing all my friends and family than be standing outside some shitty box store freezing my fucking ass off for a new laptop
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby araby » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:42 am

I knew something was wrong about seven years ago when I got an email from my Dad that said, "do not come home for Christmas empty-handed."

This year I wanted to tell the families, "we are not accepting gifts." I kept imagining myself saying it, but it never actually came out. On Thanksgiving at my parents' house, a list was passed around and each person was to write a wish list on it. My sister-in-law made modified copies of the list and handed it out.

I skipped writing anything on the list until everyone pointed out that I hadn't listed anything. I felt the pressure, once again, and thought of what I could really use which is a rocking chair. I wrote down something I want, so that means I have to give as well, and I know that this year, my money has been obligated since August to pay for things and Christmas gifts are a huge stretch. It puts me in a bind, I feel bad that I can't buy what I want for people, I refuse to use the Sears credit card we magically received (and promptly cut up) and just wish I could go back to Thanksgiving and make my announcement: "we are not receiving gifts."

In our home, family is very important and we all love one another very much, but this Christmas present business is getting out of hand. I am not pleased with the idea of being obligated to bring gifts but this is understood. If it were my way, we'd get the kids presents and that's it.

I'm sure you can imagine that hearing the songs too early and seeing the ads are just a dim reminder of what is for some people; the most depressing time of the year. Two weeks from Christmas, two months from tax time, and three weeks away from giving birth, the state of SC took 428$ from my paycheck and it stung. Well that was just yesterday and I'm sure it's still stinging. But that's how it goes for some people! At least it's paid, right? Sheesh. thanks, SC. Not to mention our governor is a piece of shit.
araby
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby araby » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:49 am

kaemon that video is fantastic!
araby
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Previous

Return to Current Affairs