:gtfo2: You crazy, crusty old codger.
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Re: RON PAUL R3VOLUTION

Postby brinstar » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:56 am

because heaven forbid a republican candidate be anti-war and consistent

you know after reading about gary johnson's platform i have decided this: if it weren't for their zealous worship of uninhibited free market capitalism i would totally be a libertarian because i dig just about everything else they stand for
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Narrock » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:39 pm

I respect and agree with many Libertarian viewpoints. Ron Paul goes way overboard imo. Would I rather have him in office than FPb? Of course! I'm just hoping that RP just fades away so Romney can go full speed ahead without any more distractions.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Gypsiyee » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:10 pm

how can you be a supporter of the tea party but dislike ron paul? I don't really understand that, so interested in your take. just about everything the tea party (originally) represented was pretty much an echo of the platform he's consistently held for his entire career.
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Narrock » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:18 pm

Eh? RP is pro drug legalization, the tea party is not. RP is anti-Israel, the tea party is not. RP wants to dismantle the EPA, the tea party doesn't. RP is anti war, the tea party is not. I can go on and on. Just how again is RP the same as the tea party?? Romney is much closer to the tea party (despite his differences on a couple issues with them) than RP is.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Gypsiyee » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:36 pm

I said originally, because when the tea party first came about their whole mantra involved limited government involvement. Their primary concern was that government was too big and had become intrinsically connected individuals and thus hindered their freedom. Since they've been bankrolled, their ideals have changed quite a bit.. that's why I specifically said originally =p Paul is a constitutional purist.. I wouldn't say he's "anti" so much as he doesn't think the government has a place in those things.

I don't agree with him on many things, but I do admire his personal honesty, integrity and consistency in an atmosphere where it rarely pays off.
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Narrock » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:48 pm

Well I can respect all that. What it comes down to with me is, which candidate is going to give me at least 70% of what I want? Romney will come closer to that number than all the other candidates. Cain would have been the best choice, but we all saw how the unscrupulous left wing government-media complex shamefully destroyed that good man.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby brinstar » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:54 pm

lol mittens is just another flavor of the week, he'll have his surge and then he'll fall back just like the rest of them (bachmann, newt, perry, spermin' cain, newt 2.0, etc)

also

Narrock wrote:unscrupulous left wing government-media complex shamefully destroyed that good man.

hahahaahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahah
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Narrock » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:59 pm

Newt's numbers are dropping. :). Oh, and FPb lost a large percentage of his original base due to his substandard performance thus far, AND Romney is more likely to pick up a huge chunk of the independent vote. :boots:
Last edited by Narrock on Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby brinstar » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:00 pm

good

that fat fuck did more to ruin american government than GWB
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Spazz » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:49 pm

You know when it comes to politics republicans play much dirtier and that is something to keep your mind on. Herman wasnt destroyed by the left they had no reason to do so obama would kill that dude in an election. It was republicans that ate herman alive. That said the whole point of the primary thing is to vet candidates and see who is the best one and herman couldnt hold up.
WHITE TRASH METAL SLUMMER
Why Immortal technique?
Perhaps its because I am afraid and he gives me courage.
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Narrock » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:56 pm

Spazz wrote:You know when it comes to politics republicans play much dirtier and that is something to keep your mind on. Herman wasnt destroyed by the left they had no reason to do so obama would kill that dude in an election. It was republicans that ate herman alive. That said the whole point of the primary thing is to vet candidates and see who is the best one and herman couldnt hold up.

Are you kidding me? Dems are famous for running dirty campaigns and utilizing the most unscrupulous smear tactics known to man. And if you think FPb could have beaten Mr. Cain, you are sadly, SADLY mistaken. That's exactly why they took him out with all their bullshit... because Mr. Cain was the biggest threat to FPb.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby araby » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:48 pm

Herman Cain killed his own campaign with his naughty ways. Get it right.

I'm very excited about Ron Paul, always have been! Can't wait til Iowa.
araby
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Narrock » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:07 pm

araby wrote:Herman Cain killed his own campaign with his naughty ways. Get it right.

I'm very excited about Ron Paul, always have been! Can't wait til Iowa.

Not one single allegation against Mr. Cain could be proven. I'm firm believer that a man is innocent until proven guilty. Anyway, yeah Iowa and the following caucuses are going to be extremely interesting to say the least.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby araby » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:15 pm

Either way he's out! He killed it!
araby
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Narrock » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:23 pm

But if Ron Paul ends up being the Republican nominee, I will join the RON PAUL R3VOLUTION, and hold up RP signs at busy intersections and/or freeway overcrossings, so I will be able to proudly proclaim that I did my part to help defeat obama. *edited for a stupid typo* lol
Last edited by Narrock on Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Tossica » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:29 pm

There isn't a single Republican in the race that has a chance of beating Obama. They are all walking, talking cartoons. I swear it's all a big joke.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Narrock » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:40 pm

Tossica wrote:There isn't a single Republican in the race that has a chance of beating Obama. They are all walking, talking cartoons. I swear it's all a big joke.

I know that polls are just snapshots of the pulse of Americans, but Rasmussen is showing that Romney would beat obammy 45-39, with only a 3% margin of error. :)
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Spazz » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:07 pm

That poll is full of shit. Obama will beat whatever republican gets the nomination with ease. Heres the other thing that I know your to blind to see. It doesnt matter who is the potus they will still serve whoever bought them out and ignore you and I. Sure the next guy might talk about hating queers and drugs are the devil and all the other talking points that make you feel like christmas but policy wise we are going to keep going down the same road we are on.
WHITE TRASH METAL SLUMMER
Why Immortal technique?
Perhaps its because I am afraid and he gives me courage.
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Gypsiyee » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:37 am

there's been some speculation about the potential of swapping biden and clinton's position and getting an obama-clinton ticket in 2012. I don't think Obama's going to lose either way because the republican pool is lackluster and no candidate can seem to get any unified support, but putting Clinton on the ticket would do a lot for reinvigorating the base that Obama has alienated by stepping further and further to the right.
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby leah » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:07 am

Gypsiyee wrote:there's been some speculation about the potential of swapping biden and clinton's position and getting an obama-clinton ticket in 2012. I don't think Obama's going to lose either way because the republican pool is lackluster and no candidate can seem to get any unified support, but putting Clinton on the ticket would do a lot for reinvigorating the base that Obama has alienated by stepping further and further to the right.

i actually really, really like that.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Narrock » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:13 am

Our only true sure-fire shot of dethroning barry was with Mr. Cain. If barry chooses clinton as a running mate (which is funny because you know he doesn't like her) it would be a great strategic maneuver on barry's part. But if Romney or RP chooses an absolutely charismatic running mate, then they have a good chance against a barry-clinton ticket. The mere fact that barry is thinking about replacing biden with clinton tells you that the dems are getting nervous. lol. I'm actually fascinated with the die-hard RP support out there, from high schoolers to college students to senior citizens... this Ron Paul R3volution is very strong.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Narrock » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:20 am

Spazz wrote:That poll is full of shit. Obama will beat whatever republican gets the nomination with ease. Heres the other thing that I know your to blind to see. It doesnt matter who is the potus they will still serve whoever bought them out and ignore you and I. Sure the next guy might talk about hating queers and drugs are the devil and all the other talking points that make you feel like christmas but policy wise we are going to keep going down the same road we are on.

lol. I don't even know how to respond to that. I will say though that your beacon of ignorance is shining brightly (again). Scott Rasmussen is well-known for running clean, unbiased polls, which lends him a very high degree of credibility. If the current snapshot of an unbiased, random sample population turned out to be in favor of YOUR fave political figurehead, you'd say "yeah right on Rasmussen!". lol. You're so transparent Spazz. Anyway, like I said, this is only a snapshot. Next week the results could be completely different.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby 10sun » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:48 am

Narrock wrote:this Ron Paul R3volution is very strong.

Its been building for almost 8 years now... he is the reason why I switched to Republican from Independent in 2004.

I think it is about time that we switched to a three party system and Ron Paul is the one doing that.
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby brinstar » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:03 pm

...uhh except that he's not? last i saw he was still shambling along with the other GOP bloodsuckers with an R behind his name

he obviously lacks the sack to pull a Gary
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Next

Return to Current Affairs