Santorum and Satan

Real Life Events.

Go off topic and I will break you!

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Santorum and Satan

Postby Kramer » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:44 am

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2012/02/sa ... izing.html

Believe what you want, IDC. I just find it hard to believe this guy represents the majority of Pubs out there.... A trip
Mindia is seriously the greatest troll that has ever lived.
    Kramer
    NT Traveller
    NT Traveller

Re: Santorum and Satan

Postby Arlos » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:59 pm

No, I think he's basically mainstream of the current GOP, actually.

Look at what's happening in Virginia. They are about to pass a law that would REQUIRE women to get forcibly vaginally probed without their OR their doctor's consent if they are thinking of getting an abortion. (the law requires an ultrasound of the fetus, and that's the way those have to be done at least a good percentage of the time.) (BTW, this completely boggles my mind at the cognitive dissonance necessary to say "Smaller government, keep it out of our lives!" on the one hand, while at the same time voting to allow the government to do invasive medical procedures on someone completely without their consent....) Oh, Pennsylvania is apparently considering a similar law too.

They keep trying to pass "Personhood" amendments that would effectively outlaw hormonal birth control pills. Note that a statewide ballot initiative for such a law failed by double digits in MISSISSIPPI of all places (and by something like 40 points in Colorado), yet several states in GOP control are working on passing them by fiat.

Not only Santorum, but the other major GOP candidates have come out against birth control.

Santorum has even come out against prenatal testing.

Are they TRYING to get not a single woman in the country to vote for them?

-Arlos
    Arlos
    Admin Abuse Squad
    Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Spazz » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:17 pm

It would seem that the republican party doesnt want a single woman vote but im sure that wack job woman republicans exist that agree with this nonsense. I think its totally fucked up that in america in the year 2012 we have presidential candidates talking like that. To hold views about woman like that in this day is sort of offensive to me.

I think this election is seriously over.
    WHITE TRASH METAL SLUMMER
    Why Immortal technique?
    Perhaps its because I am afraid and he gives me courage.
    Spazz
    Osama bin Spazz
    Osama bin Spazz

Postby Kramer » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:40 am

I've lived in Houston my whole life and grew up in the Southern Baptist Church... pursuing a career as a pastor until around 21-22 yrs old...

In Houston, a metro area of approx 5-6 mill, the religious right is def not the majority, churches have been in decline for decades.

It just seems like a situation where there's a very loud minority screaming a party line and others just fall in step... There are few educated men or women I have talked to who would desire a right wing religous zealot, looking for a theocracy in the same way a Muslim would, to run the country. For the country's sake or the world's for that matter.
      Kramer
      NT Traveller
      NT Traveller

Postby ClakarEQ » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:35 am

Frankly regardless of it being Santorum or Romney, Obama is going to win. Santorum has pissed off nearly all women with his statements and opinions. Romney is too flip floppy to win and being morman, he's sorta fucked.

I'm not real happy with all the "compromise" that Obama has made, he's not followed through with alot of his "change" theme, but I would still go for him over those other two assholes.

I have a hard time finding anyone that actually likes Mitt or Rick, at the same time, of that group that swing right, they'd still vote for a Rep over Obama, just to beat him. That's all sorts of fucked up.

It's one thing if you have views, specifics, etc on why you vote one way or the other, but I really can't stand folks that vote one way or the other "just to beat the other guy".
      ClakarEQ
      NT Traveller
      NT Traveller

Postby Zanchief » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:24 pm

Obama's going to win. Liberals bitch that he's not liberal enough, but that doesn't make a lick of difference once they're faced with one of these rightwing crazies.
      Zanchief
      Chief Wahoo
      Chief Wahoo

Postby leah » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:31 pm

i worry that thinking it's a sure thing will come back to bite us in the long run. :\
      lolz
      leah
      Preggers!
      Preggers!

Postby Gypsiyee » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:44 am

I only worry depending on who wins the primary. I've never seen such a ridiculous circus of events in politics as I have the last decade or so, and this primary is just the vomit icing on the shit cake.

I don't think any of them can beat President Obama, but Romney is the only one I think has any sort of chance at all. Now, if Romney becomes the nominee, of course I'm concerned that he's the strongest contender of the bunch... but it's kind of a best and worst case scenario all at the same time. Does he have the potential to beat the president? Yeah, I think so. But on the positive side, if Romney wins the primary, even the worst case scenario pits a moderate against a moderate in all honesty.

Obama is a centrist Democrat who campaigns fairly far left. Romney is a centrist Republican who campaigns on the far right. Rhetoric and campaign talking points notwithstanding, I honestly don't think their leadership and legislation would be drastically different. Don't get me wrong, I don't like Romney at all and think he would certainly pass some legislation that would be awful for the country, especially by way of taxes.. but out of the 4, he's the least concerning to me should Republicans prevail. To me this is just McCain 08 v2.0--his campaign is trying to morph his personality and beliefs (and even alter his history) to appeal to the fringe, but his actual record represents otherwise.

If we get Governor Romney instead of campaign Romney--which I think would be the case--it wouldn't be wonderful, but it wouldn't be the worst possible outcome either.
      "I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
      Gypsiyee
      NT Deity
      NT Deity

Postby Arlos » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:08 pm

Just watch, the outcome of the republican primary season will be a Santorum/Palin ticket.

-Arlos
      Arlos
      Admin Abuse Squad
      Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Gypsiyee » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:24 pm

One can only hope. Guaranteed win for Dems and funny as hell to boot.

I dunno, though, Santorum thinks women should be seen and not heard. I'm not sure he'd offer her any position that includes more responsibility than making him waffles. No, if Santorum wins, I think a Santorum-Perry ticket is a lot more likely.
      "I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
      Gypsiyee
      NT Deity
      NT Deity

Postby Spazz » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:34 am

THink about this. There is no way in hell mittens can become president. If wins the primary people in america are gonna learn about mormons (sp?) and i promise you he wont make it. As far as Santo goes I like to think bitches are not completely retarded and will not come out and vote for this nigga

I think this election is over and has been over for a long time. The republicans should just save themselves the humiliation and the money and just tap out. For years the republican strat has been great but very short sighted. They got old geezers and white men but voting demographics are shifting ( somthing dudes like mindia cant tolerate or understand) and every year a younger generation gets the right to vote. Its the social issues that are going to bite them in the ass fpr years to come. A lot of liberals own and love guns, a lot of younger people are more open minded of things like queers. A lot of younger people are nopt as turned on by the jesus and lot of people are starting to realize the war on drugs is the most dangerous policy in our country at the moment. I think the far right(aka the base) of the republican party becomes more out of touch with what most americans are thinking every year.

The racism that obama has brought out of everyday people and the fact that we are talking about womans rights and birth control in 2012 makes me think ive taken some kind of trip into crazyland.
      WHITE TRASH METAL SLUMMER
      Why Immortal technique?
      Perhaps its because I am afraid and he gives me courage.
      Spazz
      Osama bin Spazz
      Osama bin Spazz

Postby Arlos » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:03 am

Santorum's latest funsies:

Santorum also reiterated his statement that a 1960 speech by John F. Kennedy, meant to ease concerns about the then-Democratic presidential candidate's Catholic faith, made him want to "throw up."

"I don't believe in an America where separation of church and state is absolute," he said.

So, one of the guiding principles of the US government, from the time when Jefferson's Bill of Rights was adopted, makes him want to "throw up"....

Well, at least he admits he wants to establish a theocracy, I guess, instead of continuing to hide it...

-Arlos
      Arlos
      Admin Abuse Squad
      Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Kramer » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:41 am

muslim theocracy is bad bad bad bad.

christian theocracy is very very very good.

:eyecrazy: :ugh:
        Kramer
        NT Traveller
        NT Traveller

Return to Current Affairs