Above Average

Real Life Events.

Go off topic and I will break you!

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Above Average

Postby ClakarEQ » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:19 pm

So the boards are dead, even with all the hype out there in the political realm.

I take this to mean, and I've always thought this to a point, most or many of us here must be above average (as in "smarts") than the common Joe regarding these things (these things as in politics, religion, government, etc).

A year or so back, probably more now, I would have damn near bet money on seeing a post re: the Limbaugh and Fluke gig. A whole series of Obama being the anti-christ, Santorum really being the jizz and bile cocktail that he is, Romney being the guy that will say anything the crowd wants to hear, etc etc.

Is it that we "know" each others minds so well or is it that we know better to not bother, or perhaps it's just we don't care to hash out what is essentially the same things we've hashed out year on year, or maybe no one cares at all.

What's the user trend here I guess? Have we lost a bunch, is it the same, trending up / down?

Sort of curious as to what to expect from this place. I tend to come here as a deterrent from work blahs, take some time post my opinions, learn something new, hopefully teach something new, etc.
ClakarEQ
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Re: Above Average

Postby Spazz » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:40 pm

I come here out of habit. I know most peoples opinions on any issue but id still rehash it out cuz im bored.

Santorum is a wacko

Mitt romney is a plastic man that will say anything

Ron paul is a neo confederate loon

None of these men stand s a chance of being elected.

Far as rush and that flute chick and the birth control issue goes its one of the silliest things I have seen come up in the political arena . Seeing the panel on the issue with all old men and no bitches was a joke. Why is a group of all men the ultimate authority on chicks issues?

I try to keep it about music now days but no one wants to talk about that with me either :(
WHITE TRASH METAL SLUMMER
Why Immortal technique?
Perhaps its because I am afraid and he gives me courage.
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Tikker » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:57 pm

Last edited by Tikker on Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Arlos » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:15 pm

I'm just trying to ignore the whole political arena at this point. I already know the GOP has gone way far to the right.

I mean, look at this graph:

the 90% ones are the super-partisan types on each side. The 10% are the moderates of the party. Look at what's happened since 1980 or so. The GOP has gone so far right that today's "moderate" Republicans are to the right of where the hard core radical right GOP members were under REAGAN. Meanwhile, the hyper-liberal democrats have stayed about the same, and the moderate ones have gotten slightly less so.

So, given that environment, I already know who I am going to vote for, and I already know that the GOP candidates are seriously farther right than even Barry Goldwater was way back when, and would be gigantic disasters for the nation. So, I don't expect them to have a chance in the election. Then again, I knew Bush getting re-elected would be a complete disaster for the nation, and didn't expect him to, so what do I know.

Anyway, yeah, loonies on the right doing insanely stupid things, (Limbaugh calling the girl testifying about birth control being a "slut" and "prostitute"), and the GOP being up in arms over birth control coverage, even though several GOP states (including Arkansas under Huckabee) had passed even more stringent rules, requiring even churches to cover birth control, not just church affiliates just proves their hypocrisy.... Not to mention, their stance that mandating birth control is wrong, but mandating forced vaginal ultrasound probes that the PATIENT must pay being forced by the government is OK... So yeah, hypocritical assholes. But gain, not even remotely news.

Tell me when the GOP actually decides to move back towards being in any way moderate again. THAT will be news. Not gonna happen in a million years.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby brinstar » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:47 pm

i would like to see the following happen:

1. the GOP, with tea party psychopaths in the driver's seat, continue to crank the wheel all the way to the right and slam the gas... and drive off a cliff. moderates and traditional conservatives abandon ship and although the Koch Bros. and other huuuuuge money interests will keep the GOP on life support for a while, eventually the party will collapse under its own insanity.

2. the DNC, which (despite arlos's graph) has been inching further and further to the right each year, will continue to do so - eventually replacing the GOP in the power vacuum as the actual legit conservative option

3. right about the time the GOP finally taps out, a new party steps in to the vacuum left by the then-conservative DNC. here's how it will happen: the collusive corporatist policies of the dying GOP (enabled by the spineless DNC) will continue to lead to skyrocketing prices on fuel and commodities. some brilliant leader will show up and figure out a way to cast sustainable food/energy practices in a widely admirable light (as opposed to its current fringe appeal), and disillusioned moderates and leftists will come a-runnin'. the binary choice will no longer be between totally destructive practices (GOP) and mildly destructive practices (DNC) - it will be between mildly destructive practices (DNC) and nondestructive practices (GP?).
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby leah » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:17 am

this whole birth control thing is just getting embarrassing. i am ashamed for other countries to see this kind of thing in our news feeds. what a joke.

someone on twitter the other day said (or retweeted, maybe) that if men could get pregnant, birth control would be mixed into hot wing sauce.

ETA: i haven't been on as much lately because there's been a crackdown on fun in my office so i can't really come here during work hours and i'm rarely on my computer in the evenings. just fyi. but i am still here and still love all of you and miss you like the deserts miss the rain!
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Jay » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:30 pm

I'll be honest. I'm not particularly smart about politics or particularly smart in general. Hence why I post very little in this forum. From my standpoint, the elephant will fuck you just as hard as the donkey. I have my own set of beliefs, I vote for whomever represents more of them than the other and leave it at that. Not that I'm really given a choice on who I really want to vote for.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby brinstar » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:13 pm

Jay wrote:I'll be honest. I'm not particularly smart about politics or particularly smart in general. Hence why I post very little in this forum. From my standpoint, the elephant will fuck you just as hard as the donkey. I have my own set of beliefs, I vote for whomever represents more of them than the other and leave it at that. Not that I'm really given a choice on who I really want to vote for.

if you mean this, you're a lot smarter about politics than you give yourself credit for
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Spazz » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:51 pm

Yea man I keep having to vote for the democrats cuz there is no alternative. Im not really to fond of them and think they are weak but I find weak better than bat shit fuckin insane. ALso think about this for a second. Is it gonna hurt worse to get fucked by a donkey or an elephant ?
WHITE TRASH METAL SLUMMER
Why Immortal technique?
Perhaps its because I am afraid and he gives me courage.
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Return to Current Affairs