Racisms talk

Real Life Events.

Go off topic and I will break you!

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Re: Racisms talk

Postby Gypsiyee » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:11 am

brinstar wrote:i too long for the day when you quit your life

Ganzo wrote:
Harrison wrote:I run the VIP accounts at a produce and specialties food supplier and ensure these rich assholes get whatever crazy shit they want and how they want it. Most of my time is spent fixing my employees' fuckups because they don't screen my new hires at all.
Sounds like you should STFU because you are in a menial job any monkey can do, yet you are trying to put down someone who is a skilled craftsman in a very demanding field

like button x2
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Zanchief » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:35 am

So you're a grocer?
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Harrison » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:26 am

Lol a menial job any monkey can do? That's cute.

It's almost like you just called me a cook, or that I work in a restaurant and I just tried to fluff it up like I "made a huge difference in the community" or some imaginary hilarity. You cook food. You didn't make a difference in the community any more than the burger joint across the street did.

I do my job and I do it well. I'm not going to go around pretending I'm changing the world like a superhero. I don't need to lie about it on the internet to look cool. :rofl: That shit's pathetic.

But hey guys, let's keep getting off the subject of the media's disgusting racial bias you want to claim "can't be compared" simply because it doesn't fit your racist agenda.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Zanchief » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:51 am

If you want to claim the media has a racial bias why don't you follow your logic to it's conclusion and venture a guess why you think that is? If you're not going to deal in facts, we might as well move this argument full on into conjecture.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Drem » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:03 pm

Harrison wrote:I run the VIP accounts at a produce and specialties food supplier and ensure these rich assholes get whatever crazy shit they want and how they want it. Most of my time is spent fixing my employees' fuckups because they don't screen my new hires at all.

i'm not trying to fight about stupid assumptions, and i'm not claiming to be a superhero, our restaurant has really exploded over the last four years tho. and there is no other izakaya in eugene so believe it or not we do serve a purpose and have been there thru the gentrification of our weird bohemian neighborhood tht Ninkasi started years ago (we're across the street from their brewery). i don't understand why that's so ridiculous to you. maybe the food scene in your city sucks. we 2 hours from one the best food destinations in the country (Portland) and our owner and general manager constantly go there and NYC for ideas and inspiration.

that being said, i could imagine that gets stressful, hahahah. vending to douchebags, especially with an inept crew, must be some bullshit sometimes. we use about 11 different purveyors and hear horror stories all the time from disgruntled delivery ppl. you guys like a natural food purveyor ? what specialties? not interested in fighting anymore, don't see the point tbqh
Last edited by Drem on Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Drem » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:15 pm

PS, there is no burger joint in our neighborhood. thank god. and no, we don't make a bigger difference than the soulfood joint across the street or the incredible sushi spot down the block or the barcade down the alley but we serve our niche quite well, and it's been a great experience. for instance, (we change our menu every month), we had contact with a guy that had too many goats. he'd let us go out to his farm and lay one down every friday. never killed a goat and broke it down before this. so much fun. we're looking at opening a branch in Portland or NYC in the next two years. can't wait to see what happens. sorry you equate what we do to McDonald's or whatever /shrug
Last edited by Drem on Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby brinstar » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:28 pm

Harrison wrote:Lol a menial job any monkey can do? That's cute.

It's almost like you just called me a cook, or that I work in a restaurant and I just tried to fluff it up like I "made a huge difference in the community" or some imaginary hilarity. You cook food. You didn't make a difference in the community any more than the burger joint across the street did.

I do my job and I do it well. I'm not going to go around pretending I'm changing the world like a superhero. I don't need to lie about it on the internet to look cool. :rofl: That shit's pathetic.

But hey guys, let's keep getting off the subject of the media's disgusting racial bias you want to claim "can't be compared" simply because it doesn't fit your racist agenda.

chef > grocer lmao but i guess grats for even having a job, it certainly breaks with the clear pattern of failure you've established. good thing ordering shit online for rich people doesn't require any critical thinking skills

anyway are you really seriously arguing the media has a pro-black racial bias in this the year of our lord 2013? simply because it sensationalized a case in which a non-black man profiled, stalked, and murdered a black child and got away with it? and the corroborating proof you cite is that the media failed to sensationalize to the same extent a completely different case in which three black kids randomly killed a non-black guy, then were ARRESTED AND CHARGED IMMEDIATELY? you really look at these two cases and your first reaction is "whoa media bias"?

never thought i'd say this but damn you're even stupider than i thought
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Harrison » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:34 pm

We do mass farmed produce mainly but we're very big into supplying, cheeses, meats, etc. as well as more finite resources like black truffle on special order to select accounts. We even supply the Food Network's events and shows in the area.

I deal with a lot of weird as fuck shit that I never knew existed until I began here like Buddha's Hand, green papayas the size of watermelons, lobster mushrooms etc.

It's a lot of research homework on top of the smaller shit of the job, but I love learning and if I didn't learn as I was going I would have left this place a long time ago. The knowledge requirement was actually why I was hired in the first place. Knowing the difference between every product by sight, touch, or taste if necessary isn't something "any monkey" will know without years of experience.

Unfortunately the people they give me are quite literally ghetto trash that last a month or two tops, and then fail their first random drug screening and then they are gone. I am constantly training new people and that's really the only downside to the job. Their general practice is to put people like me into supervisory and management positions and then hire utter mongoloids at $12/hr to make up for it.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Harrison » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:38 pm

lol @ brinstar still using words like stalked and murdered when every ounce of evidence presented in the case suggested otherwise

Keep ignoring the fact that some thug wannabe jumped a man and paid the price for his violent actions. The first act of violence wasn't the firing of a gun. The gun was used in self defense and the law, the jury, and everything else supports this. You want to keep trying to change this after the fact, go for it. Facts disagree.

"stalking" (which isn't what was happening lawl, but we'll use your words for emphasis of stupidity) doesn't warrant a violent bashing of one's skull into the pavement

But hey, if you think being followed by a dude on the phone is grounds for repeatedly bashing another human being's skull into the pavement, your right to call anyone stupid is permanently revoked.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Drem » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:44 pm

nice, i enjoy what i do for the same reasons. learning experiences. i had never fermented raw squid or really worked with monkfish liver or strawberry spinach berries or lemon cucumbers or like three different varieties of oyster shrooms etc etc. this is my first stab at management as well. thankully i have competent cooks and have had zero turnover except for one miserable prep cook. we have to hire people that already have a strong culinary background. it's staggering how many people don't know what mirepoix is or how to make a brown stock or a simple bechamel, or, and im not fucking kidding here, boil potatoes..... we aint got time to train newbies. so i feel for you, that would drive me fucking nuts

have you met any douchebag food network stars?
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Harrison » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:48 pm

I've spoke with a few of their assistants over the phone. They're "too busy" to deal with people directly.

The worst clients are the New York restaurants who think their shit doesn't stink.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Drem » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:54 pm

yeah those kinds of restaurants are terrible. we have awesome relationships with great butchers and local farms and seafood experts because we realise that specialty purveyors know more about their particular products than we might and we don't assume we know more (owner and GM are from NYC restaurants, they hate that pretentious attitude). i mean, we wouldn't be able to have as much fun as we do without our awesome vendors and vice versa. sounds like if you were in Eugene we'd probably use y'all for something.

anyways, i'll stop derailing this thread
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Harrison » Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:19 pm

I want to get back into the butchering and meat cutting but, it's a dying trade. There's so few good butchers left to teach the next generation to do it from scratch. Everyone does it after all of the work has been done in a factory-like setting before it even gets to you. The only thing meat cutters do in retail now are trim the fat and cut to different thicknesses. They don't even know where the cuts originate on the animal they came from. That's sad.

I learned in a Sam's club from guys who were around before there even WERE Sam's clubs. I feel lucky for getting that rare knowledge but, there's nothing up here for that skill unless you want to go work in a retail setting and get paid 1/4th what you're worth, and I'd rather do manual labor for that money under the table.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Drem » Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:49 pm

Open your own shop, man. The dude we use came here from Boston and he's absolutely killing it because people respect what he does. Like you said, no one breaks down whole animals anymore. Or dry ages their meat. All they do is cut steaks and trim fat and silverskin, like you said
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby brinstar » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:47 pm

Harrison wrote:same old shit

bla bla bla whatever

not gonna waste any more time arguing racism with a racist or gun violence with a gunfag

that being said, for all you bash on NE we do have actual legitimate butchers around here who will take a whole animal and give you a deep freeze chest worth of meat

you know, hidden between all the corn fields and banjo shops
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Harrison » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:10 pm

I don't think you know what a racist is. You keep using that word.

Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby brinstar » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:24 pm

also i'm convinced you really only read the first half of any post
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Harrison » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:58 pm

You're convinced I really only what?
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby brinstar » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:22 pm

compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Harrison » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:08 pm

(Look at the image source lol. I bet they had no fucking clue their name looked that bad as a URL before they used it.)
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby brinstar » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:16 am

a) eww

b) never noticed that babby was apparently caught in the act of eating sand
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Gaazy » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:19 am

Harrison wrote:Most of my time is spent fixing my employees'

"My" employees signifies you own the company. Something tells me you don't. That's the way people put it when they want to sound important, but aren't
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Harrison » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:25 am

I say my because I'm the one responsible for them.

Of course I don't own the company. I wouldn't be having those problems if I did.

Hurrdurr?
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Gaazy » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:27 am

/shrug
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Tikker » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:14 pm

Last edited by Tikker on Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Current Affairs