Racisms talk

Real Life Events.

Go off topic and I will break you!

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Re: Racisms talk

Postby Kaemon » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:31 pm

Drem wrote:...slaving away is what people do at corporate shithole restaurants.

Easy there Drem, one of those corporate shithole restaurants supports my family and gives a quality of life of a 50hour work week.
Adivina wrote:We are the most bipolar acting community, bunch of manics with the mood swings on here.
Kaemon
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Drem » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:04 pm

Sorry man, I'm super biased at this point. What corp do you work for? From your posts in the past it sounds like you're management, which probably takes care of you pretty well. I'm just jaded from when I was a wee line cook at Shari's like ten years ago
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Kaemon » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:49 pm

Yeah, I'm in management, making my push to Regional in the next 5 years.

Working for Red Robin right now as a General Manager, was with Chili's for 8 yrs and Bennigan's for 15 yrs prior to that before they shut down.

The pay for line cooks is pretty decent now, I9 Express actually helped in that department. Corps can no longer pay an immigrant with false papers starting at $8. Starting hourly with no experience is $10-12 and most restaurants will pay 15-17 for experienced cooks that can get through I9.

The downside to that is, menu prices will increase to offset the increase to the labor P&L. Most menu prices everyone's seen across the country has been because of oil prices rising, In the next few years you'll see a triple whammy. Oil, labor, and Medical benefits. Unless the corporation decides to make all hourly Part Time and not schedule past 30 hours. I believe Darden (Olive Garden, Longhorn, Red Lobster, Capital Grille, etc, etc.) started or will start that soon.
Adivina wrote:We are the most bipolar acting community, bunch of manics with the mood swings on here.
Kaemon
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby brinstar » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:16 pm

Tikker wrote:Lots of folks have to dress and butcher wild game in these parts

ah so you too live in backwater hicktown lol

Kaemon wrote:I believe Darden (Olive Garden, Longhorn, Red Lobster, Capital Grille, etc, etc.) started or will start that soon.

which is why i don't eat at darden anymore (or papa john's for that matter)
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Previous

Return to Current Affairs