Thought this was an excellent article:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/ ... story.html

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Re: Hey! It's a political article!

Postby Zanchief » Mon May 14, 2012 12:54 pm

The GOP has become an insurgent outlier in American politics. It is ideologically extreme; scornful of compromise; unmoved by conventional understanding of facts, evidence and science; and dismissive of the legitimacy of its political opposition.

This made me laugh. True of many people here as well. From my perspective, it seems to me that the left makes an effort at least to be partisan, even though they know they are right (as I'm sure those on the right feel the same way even if they're wrong), but Republicans, man, that's a whole other thing. They get away with it mainly because their base is ignorant and they can say what ever they want to no one will ever go "wait a minute, that's nonsense".

It's fun to say we're all the same and two sides of the coin and all that, but eventually I think people need to just realize that no, this isn't the same. Fox News is not like CNN. There's a world of difference here, and it isn't just cognitive dissonance talking, it's reality. That would probably just make things worse though.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Spazz » Mon May 14, 2012 2:30 pm

I think that yes and no. I think the republicans have become a very petty elite party and they act like spoiled children. On the other hand they get away with that shit because imo the democrats have become a bunch of pussies. I think they need to call out the republicans on all of it and treat them the same way they get treated.

I dont really have a lot of hope for things to ever really change though. If anything I can see things changing for the worst. Democrats just try to maintain positions and republicans just keep pushing this madness and eventually they are gonna win it and get they way.

Yay for voting
WHITE TRASH METAL SLUMMER
Why Immortal technique?
Perhaps its because I am afraid and he gives me courage.
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby brinstar » Mon May 14, 2012 8:45 pm

saw that article last week. best part about it (aside from, you know, all the truth) is that these two guys are long-time conservatives and have they names attached to major conservative thinktanks. in other words if THESE GUYS say shit's fucked on the right, shit's REALLY fucked on the right.

i don't have much love (if any) for the dems, but motherFUCK those goddamn GOP cunts
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Spazz » Mon May 14, 2012 9:10 pm

i don't have much love (if any) for the dems, but motherFUCK those goddamn GOP cunts

Yes
WHITE TRASH METAL SLUMMER
Why Immortal technique?
Perhaps its because I am afraid and he gives me courage.
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby ClakarEQ » Tue May 15, 2012 7:42 am

Spazz wrote:

Yes

Double quote for truth /cheer
ClakarEQ
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Return to Current Affairs