Anyone who's voting for Mittens, refute this. Please.

Real Life Events.

Go off topic and I will break you!

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Re: Anyone who's voting for Mittens, refute this. Please.

Postby Jay » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:00 am

I personally think Mindia is the greatest troll that has ever lived.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby brinstar » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:59 am

no way, nobody outtrolls colbert
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Tossica » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:02 pm

Like I said. Troll or not, there are millions of ignorant fucks that think just like him and they all can vote. Scary.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Tikker » Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:43 pm

Last edited by Tikker on Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Gaazy » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:45 am

None of this argument really matters. Obama is gonna get right back in for the simple fact that the handout leeches will vote him back in. Checks for everyone! Horray!
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Tossica » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:05 am

Gaazy wrote:None of this argument really matters. Obama is gonna get right back in for the simple fact that the handout leeches will vote him back in. Checks for everyone! Horray!

Except that the states with the highest number of welfare recipients vote Republican year after year.

The talking heads have a tough time explaining that one.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Tossica » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:18 am

The 10 poorest states in the nation ALWAYS vote Republican. You'd think all those poor folks living off the gubment would be rushing out to vote their friends the Dems in, right? I mean, that's all the left does is live off the hard work of the Republican working class, right?

Interestingly, the REAL job creating and tax paying states always lean left. We pay the taxes to fund the programs that the poor use and they vote for the politicians that want to eliminate the programs cuz they hate niggers and fags. *scratches head*
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby brinstar » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:56 am

toss speaks truth. the deepest reddest states take the most govt assistance. across the board.

there was a pretty genius bit on the daily show during the RNC where the team went around the tampadome interviewing delegates with the following logic:

1. you support Romney because the govt should be run like a business, right? (right)
2. okay, say you own a local restaurant chain (ok)
3. out of ten stores, there are two stores who consistently lose the company more money than they make (ok)
4. what would you do about that? (well obviously i'd close those two stores)
5. you've gotta cut dead weight, right? (right)
6. that's interesting. you're a delegate from mississippi, did you know your state costs the US govt $20 billion more than than it contributes via taxes? (what?)
7. yes, we lose money on you - so by your logic, shouldn't we get rid of you? you've gotta let the market decide, right? (ummm)
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Gaazy » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:14 am

huh, didnt know that

still, theres too many handouts and misuse of handouts out there. Id like to be able to give you a number on the people I have known that just trade their food stamps for pills around here
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Tossica » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:08 pm

Gaazy wrote:huh, didnt know that

still, theres too many handouts and misuse of handouts out there. Id like to be able to give you a number on the people I have known that just trade their food stamps for pills around here

Don't think you'll find many that will argue with you there.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Zanchief » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:42 pm

Tossica wrote:

It's a meaningless issue. Welfare isn't very expensive and is needed. Some people will always abuse it. Getting mad at poor people who have a shitty life, and linking it to a system of government is completely futile. I disapprove of a lot of things people do, I'm not sure it's necessarily a priority for the government (mine or yours).

It’s a sore spot with me, because it seems to be very important for people to take back these handouts like it’s crippling the government. A good friend of mine is a social worker. I know about all the dead-beats and abusers. Doesn’t mean a just society eliminates social assistance. You just try to do the best job you can to minimize waste.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Tossica » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:46 pm

Right.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Lyion » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:26 pm

Tossica wrote:Like I said. Troll or not, there are millions of ignorant fucks that think just like him and they all can vote. Scary.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-s ... ershare_fb
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tossica » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:01 pm

You realize that's satire, right?
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby ClakarEQ » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:59 pm

But stupid IS everywhere :\
ClakarEQ
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby brinstar » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:37 pm

Lyion wrote:
Tossica wrote:Like I said. Troll or not, there are millions of ignorant fucks that think just like him and they all can vote. Scary.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-s ... ershare_fb

equally fair

however i don't think "ignorant fuck" is really an unjust appellation
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Gaazy » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:18 am

Zanchief wrote:
Tossica wrote:

It's a meaningless issue. Welfare isn't very expensive and is needed. Some people will always abuse it. Getting mad at poor people who have a shitty life, and linking it to a system of government is completely futile. I disapprove of a lot of things people do, I'm not sure it's necessarily a priority for the government (mine or yours).

It’s a sore spot with me, because it seems to be very important for people to take back these handouts like it’s crippling the government. A good friend of mine is a social worker. I know about all the dead-beats and abusers. Doesn’t mean a just society eliminates social assistance. You just try to do the best job you can to minimize waste.

Rofl you act like I said get rid of welfare. Hell you never know, I may need help if Obama keeps destroying the industry I'm in and I have to find something else to do. I said its abused too much is what I said. As in, maybe, make people take a drug test to get their check. Surely to god there is more that can be done to stop the problem makers

Another thing I cant stand is people that get disability for absolutely nothing. Its another thing that is needed, but something has to be done about.

Now I don't claim to be a super smart human being, but good god you can't tell me theres nothing that cant be done about this money being wasted on a lot of these dead beats who see a handout dangling there and have to try to grab it
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Lyion » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:56 am

Really, Welfare and Food stamps are not the problem. Entitlements and health care costs are. Everything is based on income instead of means. A senior could have zero income but 10 million in the bank, but our government still pays the same for this person as it does for someone with nothing in the bank surviving on minimal social security. Welfare reforms done in the 90s were good and enough for me to be satisfied, but I think smart changes like instituting drug testing for any government aid period should be mandatory. Then again, I think the government at the federal level should not be doing anything administrative. It should be done at the state level. I expect more consolidation of power at the federal level due to the 'gimme' mentality of most, but mainly the seniors who are the gatekeepers of the presidency.

I rarely discuss current events here because we have one caricature on the right opposite a vast echo chamber of urban anti-conservate angst. Plus, arguing about power mad politicians who by and large do not give a fuck about anything but their own elections and stroking the schlongs of their money brokers to me is far too irritating.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Harrison » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:06 pm

I stopped caring about who is the president long ago.

It's always going to be someone who doesn't give a flying fuck about me. So, I don't give a flying fuck about them.

At the end of the day, my life isn't going to change because of whichever dirty piece of shit is running the show. They don't struggle through life, never have, never will.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Arlos » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:24 pm

I actually wouldn't be opposed to a means test for social security as opposed to an income test. Just make sure to allow someone to re-apply if circumstances change drastically. (I know people who lost a shit-ton of what would be their "means" when the market crashed in 2008, including my parents.) I also wouldn't be at all opposed to raising the minimum age requirement, either. After all, being 65 in 1935 was a very different thing than being 65 NOW.

As for Medicare, I still support just expanding it to cover the entire populace, and have single-payer for the entire country, just like the entire rest of the westernized world would be the best way to go. I would think businesses would love it, even if there's new taxes to pay for it, as they would no longer need to pay for private employee health plans, nor would they need to handle the administrative overhead. They'd be saving a ton of money, as they no loner would be bearing costs that other companies around the world are having to bear, which would greatly increase global competitiveness, and decrease the attractiveness of outsourcing.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Harrison » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:49 am

A million years later and I still feel dirty for agreeing with Tikker.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Menelvir » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:32 am

As far as entitlements, a need/means test might be a good measure for those with large income/savings disparities, but what about when the differences aren't so clear-cut?

The process of reforming entitlements/health care/welfare seems impossibly unfair for the simple fact that no generation wants to be the generation that gets its benefits cut in a significant way.

How is it possible to start something in the middle? How is it possible to allow one group to have, yet still be fair to the ones that follow after? Psychologically, I don't know if people could accept it, even if it were somehow impartial.

This seems intractable to me.
"People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost." - The Dalai Lama
Menelvir
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Tossica » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:03 am

The only way to do it would be to stop taking money and then start paying benefits immediately to everyone who's paid in based on how long they've done so.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Lyion » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:47 am

The problem is the money they are paying out is taken from those paying into the program. The government has raided the funds over and over, so there is no savings. When Madoff does this it's called a ponzi. When the government does it, people don't blink an eye.

A good start would be to stop raiding Social Security for other things. Next block grant the exact amount of cash the government can afford to the states instead of writing blank checks, and adding entitlement bloat. FInally, get rid of the overhead and massive administration costs of all these entitlements at the federal level. Ron Paul had the right idea.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tossica » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:15 am

We should kill off everyone over the age of 65 and start over.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

PreviousNext

Return to Current Affairs