Libya pictures...

Real Life Events.

Go off topic and I will break you!

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Libya pictures...

Postby Lyion » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:26 pm

While I'm still concerned about the Arab Spring and especially the Muslim Brotherhood, I thought these pictures were pretty cool. I think it's still worthwhile to promote freedom in the Muslim world.

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/politics ... I.facebook
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Re: Libya pictures...

Postby Spazz » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:46 pm

I dont know what to make of the muslim world any more. A lot of times it seems like we shouldnt be part of it. We cant go be at war forever nor can we just allow niggaz to fuck with our shit. Im fresh out of answers on how to deal with that part of the world. I know that everyone over there is an enemy and it kind of gives me a yucky feeling thinking about what this shit might lead to if it keeps goin on. Im really kind of war ed out.

One thing i will say is muslims need to get over it. Everyone talks shit about everyone and they shouldnt be treated like they are off limits. At some point I have mocked every group of people that walk this planet as I am sure I have been mocked and ridiculed plenty and ive yet to kill anyone over it.

That part of the world needs pot playstation, kfc and strip clubs like no where else in the world. That part of the world really needs to settle down :(
WHITE TRASH METAL SLUMMER
Why Immortal technique?
Perhaps its because I am afraid and he gives me courage.
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Menelvir » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:53 pm

Freedom is a beautiful thing.

But I'm thinking that the mindset necessary to give a willing ear to extremist ideals and then push those ideals with violence probably has at least a little something to do with class and opportunity.

There are undoubtedly other factors, but I think those things are important in determining whether or not one is going to martyr oneself or be the instrument in a plan to kill other people.
"People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost." - The Dalai Lama
Menelvir
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Harrison » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:27 pm

Is this going to happen every time some nutjob makes a movie, cartoon, picture, etc.?

If a mob comes at your gates, fucking shoot them. They're out for blood. Give it to them.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Lyion » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:38 pm

Harrison wrote:Is this going to happen every time some nutjob makes a movie, cartoon, picture, etc.?

If a mob comes at your gates, fucking shoot them. They're out for blood. Give it to them.

If you read the reports, this occurred as a directive from Al Qaeda in response to a drone attack that killed Abu Yahya al-Libi, a senior guy.

The problem was our plan B which was to move our officials to a safe location was compromised and the mob got to our Ambassador. That in itself is a bigger issue. It shows how unstable Libya currently is.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby ClakarEQ » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:12 pm

Spazz wrote: That part of the world needs pot playstation, kfc and strip clubs like no where else in the world. That part of the world really needs to settle down :(

This
ClakarEQ
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Arlos » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:04 pm

Part of the problem is that those people there have typically only experienced a totalitarian system of government, where the media and individual speech and liberties are tightly controlled. That's at least one reason why they keep striking out at America in general any time some moronic asshat does something like that stupid film: They literally have no concept of how something like that could get made unless the government had signed off on it, because that's how its been for the entirety of their experience in their society. Sure, the better educated types will understand the difference, but the average man-on-the-street? Probably not. Doesn't excuse turning to violence, obviously, but understanding the reasons for something is the first step towards doing something about it.

Also, it wasn't the mob that got to the Ambassador. From the accounts I've heard today, there wasn't a mob assaulting the compound in Libya, it was strictly a paramilitary terrorist attack. Now, in a couple other places, the mobs did enter the compounds and hauled down flags and put their own up, but there wasn't anyone hurt. Looks very much like one of the splinter Al Qaida sects had something planned for the 9/11 anniversary, and took advantage of (and probably fanned the flames of) the demonstrations against the idiot movie.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Kaemon » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:41 pm

Adivina wrote:We are the most bipolar acting community, bunch of manics with the mood swings on here.
Kaemon
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Return to Current Affairs