Romney v obummer debate #2

Real Life Events.

Go off topic and I will break you!

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Romney v obummer debate #2

Postby Narrock » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:37 am

Pundits are predicting that obummer is gonna go offense and attack Romney aggressively. Well heck, he may as well since he can't defend his joke of a record. Funniest thing though is that he's gonna accuse Romney of being a flip-flopper who has changed his position to more of a moderate one. Can you say ROFL? Obummer is the true flip-flopper. He told Americans in '08 that he was against gay marriage. In this election year he shifted his position to DEFENDING gay marriage under the premise of "my position EVOLVED." That's rich. Fucking lying hypocritical asshole. Anyway, it's gonna be funny watching obummer tell lie after lie, like biden, and try to bullshit his way thru the debate. :popcorn:
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Re: Romney v obummer debate #2

Postby Lyion » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:37 am

You do realize Obama most likely will win this election, don't you? Romney can 'win' all three debates but still not get elected due to his personal likability. Feel free to go check out the 2004 Presidential Election for a similar situation.

I am amused Candy Crowley has both political parties a tad worried due to her trying to steer the candidates off their talking points. Good luck with that.

Personally, I just want this election to get over with. You Californians and Nebraskans have no idea what it's like living in Ohio for this garbage. With all the calls, commercials, people coming to my door, and goofballs arguing in the local news It's like being trapped halfway between 'Deliverance' and a Pet Shop Boys music video.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Menelvir » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:57 am

They should hold three times as many debates and make the debates pay-per-view events, applying the generated revenues towards the deficit.
"People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost." - The Dalai Lama
Menelvir
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Narrock » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:08 am

Lyion wrote:You do realize Obama most likely will win this election, don't you? Romney can 'win' all three debates but still not get elected due to his personal likability. Feel free to go check out the 2004 Presidential Election for a similar situation.

I am amused Candy Crowley has both political parties a tad worried due to her trying to steer the candidates off their talking points. Good luck with that.

Personally, I just want this election to get over with. You Californians and Nebraskans have no idea what it's like living in Ohio for this garbage. With all the calls, commercials, people coming to my door, and goofballs arguing in the local news It's like being trapped halfway between 'Deliverance' and a Pet Shop Boys music video.

Lyion, I listen to the news for HOURS every day in the truck. I listen to a station that carries liberally-biased news at the top and bottom of every hour (ABC), and I've been hearing every day that Romney is gaining ground in almost every category and demographic. In fact, about an hour ago, ABC announced that Romney is now pulling ahead in Ohio (by 4 points in Ohio to be exact) and Florida, with "independents" and with "blue collar waitresses", senior citizens, "people likely to vote in November" and delegates across the nation. Fox says the same thing. So I'd really like to know what your source of information is to make you think obummer is gonna win.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby brinstar » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:23 am

Lyion wrote:You do realize Obama most likely will win this election, don't you? Romney can 'win' all three debates but still not get elected due to his personal likability. Feel free to go check out the 2004 Presidential Election for a similar situation.

i just heard the same complaint about colorado from A & J when they were here last week for that show. endless ads etc. ALTHOUGH i have read obama might be trying to sneak an electoral vote from Omaha again, like in 2008. part of that has to do with making sure Iowa is covered (since a lot of western Iowans watch Omaha TV channels) but it also means we are not immune from the stray ad or two here in Lincoln

and

Narrock wrote:I listen to a station that carries liberally-biased news at the top and bottom of every hour (ABC)

dude, ABC is not "liberally-biased" rofl
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Narrock » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:52 am

Alex, WTF? OK, before I verbally bitch-slap you down (again) I'll go ahead and take into consideration that you neither listen to ABC news, nor watch ABC news on tv.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby brinstar » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:09 am

first of all, you couldn't bitch-slap your way out of a drag show

but go ahead, try and show independent analysis that ABC is liberally-biased

MSNBC? sure. CNN? maybe a bit. but ABC? lol
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Zanchief » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:15 am

Narrock wrote:Lyion, I listen to the news for HOURS every day in the truck. I listen to a station that carries liberally-biased news at the top and bottom of every hour (ABC), and I've been hearing every day that Romney is gaining ground in almost every category and demographic. In fact, about an hour ago, ABC announced that Romney is now pulling ahead in Ohio (by 4 points in Ohio to be exact) and Florida, with "independents" and with "blue collar waitresses", senior citizens, "people likely to vote in November" and delegates across the nation. Fox says the same thing. So I'd really like to know what your source of information is to make you think obummer is gonna win.

Incumbents always poll badly. People dont want to tell people they're voting for the guy everyone is made at.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Narrock » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:56 am

brinstar wrote:first of all, you couldn't bitch-slap your way out of a drag show

I'll be editing this post to add new sources. http://dailycaller.com/2011/06/10/abc-n ... eral-bias/
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Zanchief » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:17 am

Narrock wrote:
brinstar wrote:first of all, you couldn't bitch-slap your way out of a drag show

I'll be editing this post to add new sources. http://dailycaller.com/2011/06/10/abc-n ... eral-bias/

About Us
Founded in 2010 by Tucker Carlson, a 20-year veteran journalist, and Neil Patel, former chief policy advisor to Vice President Cheney, The Daily Caller is a 24-hour news publication providing its audience with original reporting, thought-provoking commentary and breaking news. In just two short years, The Daily Caller readership has grown to more than 5.5 million unique visitors per month and draws more than 20 million monthly pageviews. Mobile apps for The Daily Caller are available for download for the iPhone, iPad and Android. These user-friendly apps provide readers with the full range of The Daily Caller’s website offerings on the go.

Didn't Jon Stewart bitch slap that guy out of existence? I wonder how you can convey the professionalism of a children’s bow-tie on a hack-job blog?
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Narrock » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:24 am

Go to abcnews.com and just look at the slant in their stories lol
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Lyion » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:15 pm

It's the influence of that evil subversive closet liberal, George Will.

If you are listening to Limbaugh and Hannity all day, then ABC definitely is hard left. Overall, ABC is probably the most fair network out there, in my opinion. Jake Tapper is the most straight shooting and accurate reporter of our generation. He pretty much calls 'em as he sees them.

CNN and Foxnews 'reporting' elements like wise are decent. The problem is CNN has 75% of their news area populated with Donkeys and Fox the reverse. Brett Baier, Mike Wallace, and Shep Smith are all very respected reporters. Likewise, Candy Crowley, Wolf Blitzer, and Anderson Cooper.

MSNBC doesn't even try, but they nicely fill a void opposite Fox's non-reporting far right wing shows. The problem with MSNBC is they don't have the respected reporters that the networks and even Fox has, as those are pretty much just on loan from NBC News.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby leah » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:12 pm

Lyion we do get a ton of political ads here on omaha/Council Bluffs-based tv stations. They're terribly annoying, but at least we have the luxury of being able to switch to a Lincoln station. I feel for ya.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Menelvir » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:56 pm

Narrock wrote:[...] I listen to the news for HOURS every day

This isn't an activity I would willingly inflict on my worst enemy.
"People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost." - The Dalai Lama
Menelvir
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Tossica » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:48 pm

Daaaaaaaamn! Nothing but scorched earth where Romney was standing. Obama kept him on the ropes and stammering like an idiot, all night.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Hatak » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:55 pm

That debate was ObaMagnificent!
Hatak
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby 10sun » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:15 pm

Man, Romney really nailed Obama didn't he?
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby Harrison » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:48 pm

I loved the artful dodge of the Benghazi question, and then Romney using it like a political chip in poker.

Fuck them both.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Durothil Skyreaver » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:53 pm

Romney's Five Point Plan:

1. Don't talk about the five point plan
2. Don't talk about the five point plan
3. Don't talk about the five point plan
4. Don't talk about the five point plan
5. Don't talk about the five point plan

Also:

"When he says that he has a very different economic plan, at the center of his plan are tax cuts...Keep in mind that he was a pioneer in investing in companies outsourcing China. He invested in companies developing surveillance equipment so China can spy on its own people. Governor, you're the last person to go tough on China!"

Very entertaining debate.
Durothil Skyreaver
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby brinstar » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:51 pm

Narrock wrote:lol daily caller

i said "independent analysis" not "ridiculous right-wing garbage"

hell, quit with the foreplay and just link a glenn beck video hahahaha

the real problem is that it doesn't matter whether a news org is neutral, left, or right - it's all CORPORATE
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby brinstar » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:52 pm

Harrison wrote:I loved the artful dodge of the Benghazi question, and then Romney using it like a political chip in poker.

Fuck them both.

i was hoping that during the guns debate obama would point out what you told me about romney joining the NRA two days before getting their endorsement but alas it was not to be
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Harrison » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:05 am

Ugh, I was so hoping he would too. It was set up and primed to be knocked over, but he didn't strike.

He spoke about his wanting the NRA endorsement, but it didn't happen. *sigh*
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby brinstar » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:10 am

TRIPLE POST HAT TRICK!!!!

i was listening to the debate on AM radio while on the interstate. both of them made me cringe several times, but here are some general notes on romney:

1. romney claimed that he would help middle-income americans by, among other things, lowering tax rates on stock dividends and capital gains. what the holy fuck? i wish i lived in Magical Mittland where everyone had stock investments and mutual funds. what an out-of-touch empty suit. i have not screamed at my radio that loudly in years.

2. uhhhhhh binders full of women? wow. internet's gonna have a heyday with that one. more disturbingly, i think it's extremely telling that he had to go LOOK for women to work in his cabinet - you'd think that over the course of building bain capital, managing the olympics, and running for Gov, you'd meet at least a couple qualified women along the way, right? of course, it came as no surprise that he never actually answered the actual question about pay equality, because either he'd lie through his teeth or say something devastating to his campaign.

3. "let me answer that question about gun violence. first, we need to make sure people get married." lolwut

4. Candy was way better at the wheel than ol' Jim, that's for sure

5. romney has a severe case of LASTWORD syndrome

6. IF YOU ELECT ME AS PRESIDENT, I WILL CREATE 12 MILLION JOBS. ~55 minutes go by~ GOVERNMENT DOESN'T CREATE JOBS.

EDIT:
from bindersfullofwomen.tumblr.com -

compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Harrison » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:00 am

I ruined your hat trick.
Harrison
NT Legend