Who does this more

Real Life Events.

Go off topic and I will break you!

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Who does this more

Postby ClakarEQ » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:18 pm

I'm not saying the dems never do this and I'm confident the folks here probably have info at their fingertips but I don't see much of this type shit coming from Dems.

Same sort of thing about the voter ID card to deal with .0000001 percentage of voter fraud where 1 case in 50 years or some shit was brought to trial.

http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/20 ... fraud?lite

Frankly if the anti-american romney wins, I'll never concede a true victory as his corruption along with his cronies runs too deep. This shit stinks just like the gore bush gig.
Last edited by ClakarEQ on Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ClakarEQ
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Re: Who does this more

Postby Kaemon » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:46 pm

ACORN
Adivina wrote:We are the most bipolar acting community, bunch of manics with the mood swings on here.
Kaemon
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby ClakarEQ » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:03 pm

Yeah, good one but I don't recall that being nearly as bad, in fact not even close.

side note, I found another good one, Romnesia (thank you Superstar Obama for it :) )

EDIT
re: Acron, dude, they "won" in court, how can you even compare /boggle. Get out of your bubble and roll down off bullshit mountain broseph. I mean the GOP "won" in the end but not legally, it's the same gig they do today, hold the good folks down so the shit rises to the top (eg. use money and fear to control your brain so all you see is money and fear and can no longer see truth). Truth will set you free.

EDIT x2
BTW, you all keep trying the same shit with PP, money and fear, cuz that's all you've got.
ClakarEQ
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Kaemon » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:18 pm

I think you're standing on bullshit mountain if you think the GOP does this shit more often than the Dem's....Broseph.

Edit* I believe they equally do the same amount...
Last edited by Kaemon on Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adivina wrote:We are the most bipolar acting community, bunch of manics with the mood swings on here.
Kaemon
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Tossica » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:18 pm

If poor people voted, NO conservative would ever get elected.

The ACORN voter fraud was a fraud in itself.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Tossica » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:22 pm

The poor can't afford to organize wide spread voter fraud. The rich can.

If we're looking for fraud in low wage voter registration canvasers, you're going to find it everywhere. Those phony registrations do not make it far enough to get counted. If you want real fraud, look to electronic voting booths and much higher profile opportunities for real political advancement. Not counting legitimate votes, disposing of legit ballot boxes, etc.

Phony registrations ain't shit. That's kids trying to make a few extra bucks, IMO.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Tossica » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:27 pm

Passing legislation to limit which American citizens can vote and spreading false information about where and when to vote is the REAL voter fraud.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Lyion » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:47 pm

There is no legislation limiting voter rights. I think it's sad some third world countries have better election standards than we do. Amazingly, there's no issue with requiring an I.D. to buy a six pack, go to a movie, or take a flight.

Passing legislation requiring a simple I.D. to vote is not disenfranchising anyone. Anyone can get a card, and in every state with a Voter ID law there are paths for poor people to get them free. Photo I.D. should be required to vote or it actually does invalidate elections via the potential for fraud. If people choose not to vote, that's a different issue.

Regarding the potential for fraud, the Dems are the party of trial lawyers and union bosses. Fraud is basically how Al Franken got elected.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tossica » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:04 pm

If the number of voters goes down after the legislation, it's limiting. What the GOP is hoping is that the poor people who can't or won't get the necessary ID will be enough for them to win otherwise unwinnable elections. It's bullshit. Just like the redistricting that's happening here in MN and other places.

Fuck the GOP.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Tikker » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:13 pm

Last edited by Tikker on Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Kaemon » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:20 pm

Tikker wrote:complaining about voter id cards is stupid imo

bingo!!

Get ready for REAL ID.
Kaemon
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Tossica » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:23 pm

Tikker wrote:complaining about voter id cards is stupid imo

If it wasn't a thinly veiled attempt from the GOP to try to steal elections, I probably wouldn't have as much problem with it. Working in the non profit, social services industry, I see many barriers for some of these people to acquire and maintain the required ID.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Harrison » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:33 pm

Lol are people really crying because people want to require proper identification when you vote?

*facepalm*

Afraid the immigrants with stolen identification won't be able to vote?
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Tossica » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:53 pm

Immigrants with stolen identification is not an issue. Homelessness, immobility, old age and other things are.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Kaemon » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:59 pm

Tossica wrote:Immigrants with stolen identification is not an issue. Homelessness, immobility, old age and other things are.

In MN, it costs a senior 11 bucks for an ID, if you have some type of medical/mental issue, it costs .50 cents for an ID.

What's the problem?
Kaemon
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Harrison » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:00 pm

Lol that's your only response to requiring an ID to vote?

I need an ID for damned near everything else, and you're crying about this?
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby brinstar » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:03 pm

Lyion wrote:There is no legislation limiting voter rights. I think it's sad some third world countries have better election standards than we do. Amazingly, there's no issue with requiring an I.D. to buy a six pack, go to a movie, or take a flight.

Passing legislation requiring a simple I.D. to vote is not disenfranchising anyone. Anyone can get a card, and in every state with a Voter ID law there are paths for poor people to get them free. Photo I.D. should be required to vote or it actually does invalidate elections via the potential for fraud. If people choose not to vote, that's a different issue.

Regarding the potential for fraud, the Dems are the party of trial lawyers and union bosses. Fraud is basically how Al Franken got elected.

lyion you and i have made progress recently in finding things we agree about, but this ain't one of em. ideologically i am not against requiring some form of ID to vote, but i have not seen a "voter ID" law yet that isn't disenfranchising in some way to some demographic. for example, why are gun licenses legitimate identification but veteran IDs aren't? that doesn't even begin to touch the fact that a disproportionate number of homeless are veterans

bottom line: i'll listen to an argument for a voter ID law just as soon as someone writes a good one

also it's funny that the folks who keep getting nailed for election fraud are republicans (including the sec of state in what, indiana?)

somewhat unrelated: al franken follows me on twitter :dunno:
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Kaemon » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:19 pm

Is a Vet ID card a state/fed issued card or is it one of those privately owned institutions that you get benefits from mulitple businessess if you sign up?
Kaemon
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Tossica » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:42 pm

Not having a permanent address is a problem for MANY homeless people. Not all homeless people are crazy, pants pissing bums. There are MANY families that have lost their homes and are living in shelters, etc. You can't get an ID if you don't have an address. Getting to the DMV can be challenging for people with mobility issues.

It seems like no big deal to you or I but for a lot of people, it sucks.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Lyion » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:15 pm

I empathize with this, but there's got to be a better way to ensure people are valid voters, Toss. Homeless people can get I.D.s and use public addresses, I believe, correct? Plus, this might help to identify mentally ill people who need help, instead of just having them driven to vote, given some beer, and dropped off.

Brin, please explain to me how Voter ID laws currently disenfranchise people? I personally do not see it, but I see an awful lot of people mad at something that to me seems simple and meant to ensure 'fair' elections. Not requiring a photo ID opens the door to a lot more issues and fraud, in my humble opinion. Federal or non trackable state forms of IDs are worthless, such as a military I.D. card.

Part of me thinks in this age of biometrics we should use finger or retina scans to vote. The libertarian in me screams 'Big Brother' to that.....I do like the E-Verify thing for work and voting. It's really a good solution to these issues.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Arlos » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:46 am

Again, this is a solution in search of a problem

There is *NO* evidence, whatsoever, anywhere, of any kind of large, or even small-scale voter fraud problem. Numerous studies have been done, and not one has found any evidence whatsoever of the kind of fraud that ID laws prevent. Given the complete lack of any issues that need solving, one is compelled to ask WHY a certain side is pushing so hard for these kind of laws. Compound that with, for example, one of the GOP leadership in Pennsylvania crowing that the point of the laws there was to give the state to Romney in the election. If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's probably a deliberate case of voter disenfranchisement to help one political party.

Not to mention, there are numerous people that have problems with this. Old people living in senior homes may very well not have the right id, since they rarely go out and need it. Others may not even have a birth certificate, since they were born long enough ago that none was issued, or the records were lost in the intervening decades. Like someone else posted, just look at the numbers of legitimate voters that would lose their right to vote under those laws, and ask yourself again why we want them, when there's no fraud that needs to be prevented?

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Narrock » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:15 pm

ID's should be mandatory for voting, period. Without this law, shitbag illegals and underachiever democrats who think they need to rely on government etc, will vote over and over again like cheatin scumbags.
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby brinstar » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:27 pm

which is more likely

that the GOP is trying to stop 20 million people (who usually vote Democrat) from voting at all

or that the GOP is trying to prevent the approximately 15 cases of actual documented voter fraud per year

i'll give you a hint. this is Mike Turzai, Pennsylvania state senator and GOP majority leader:

end of discussion
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Narrock » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:36 pm

Brinstar sez, "blah blah blah-blah blah blah" imo
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Arlos » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:37 pm

Narrock wrote:ID's should be mandatory for voting, period. Without this law, shitbag illegals and underachiever democrats who think they need to rely on government etc, will vote over and over again like cheatin scumbags.

Do you have one iota of proof of this assertion?

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Next

Return to Current Affairs