Biggest newspaper in Utah endorses Obama

Real Life Events.

Go off topic and I will break you!

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Biggest newspaper in Utah endorses Obama

Postby Arlos » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:30 am

Yep, that's right. The Salt Lake City Herald. Biggest newspaper in Romney's real home state, Mormon central, and the reddest of red states. And it ripped Romney a new one. Tore him up one side and down the other. Here, read it for yourself:

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/opinion/55 ... t.html.csp

Now, normally, a single newspaper endorsing one candidate or the other doesn't matter much. But this. This is big.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Re: Biggest newspaper in Utah endorses Obama

Postby Harrison » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:33 am

Lol who cares what mormons think anyways? They're as hilariously laughable as scientologists.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Lyion » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:53 am

This is just reaction from lefters to the many liberal newspapers endorsing Romney, such as the Tenneseean (first time it has endorsed a GOPer since 1972! a real accomplishment, unlike Arlos' original post), The Orlando Sentinel, and even the Chicago Tribune!

Based on polling and favorability, I assumed Obama would win. He continues to drop more and more. I'm not so sure anymore. I'm sure this Utah endorsement will give Obama a chance in Utah. :derr:

Anyways, there are hundreds of newspaper posts just like that. It's not like Romney lost his hometown newspaper in the heart of people he agrees with.. Oh, snap

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opin ... 4934.story
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby brinstar » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:01 am

i don't put much stock in newspaper endorsements, as i tend to reach my own conclusions BUT lots of people who care less about this stuff might

some folks were surprised when the Lincoln Journal Star endorsed obama last week, but the real shocker that sent ripples through the cornfields happened this week when the Omaha World Herald endorsed a democratic challenger over the long-time rep from omaha, Lee Terry

i decided long ago that Terry is a piece of shit, but the OWH bucking him like this in his own home town may turn out to be rather damaging, especially if the Obama campaign maintains its push in o-town. IMO the DNC would be wise to dump a bunch of cash into that race, because what was once a lock has opened up into a tossup

...also Bob Kerrey has whittled Deb Fischer's 25-point lead from July down to a 5-point lead as they compete for Ben Nelson's senate seat.

interesting races in what is usually a boring state for politics
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Narrock » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:03 pm

:rolleyes: This will have zero percent negative effect on Romney. Total meaningless minutiae.
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby brinstar » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:21 pm

yeah it's not like it'll knock him out of 2nd place
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Narrock » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:26 pm

2nd place? LOL. You don't pay attention to the polls.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby brinstar » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:30 pm

the polls you said were biased?

i think you caught a case of romnesia too
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Narrock » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:34 pm

You want your cake and eat it too. Like I said, leftists only care about polls if it shows THEIR candidate winning. If the polls show a leftist candidate losing, it's not discussed. lol
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby brinstar » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:39 pm

wow, the GOP cock really is balls-deep in your throat isn't it?

how about you just stop wasting all that time typing and just paste limbaugh clips instead.
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Lyion » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:40 pm

brinstar wrote:...also Bob Kerrey has whittled Deb Fischer's 25-point lead from July down to a 5-point lead as they compete for Ben Nelson's senate seat.

Either will be a huge improvement over Ben Nelson. It's a shame Kerrey never made it to the White House. He's a good man and probably would've been a very good President.

Our Senate choices are Sherrod Brown or Josh Mandel in Ohio. I'd take Kerrey over either of those ding dongs.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Narrock » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:44 pm

brinstar wrote:wow, the GOP cock really is balls-deep in your throat isn't it?

how about you just stop wasting all that time typing and just paste limbaugh clips instead.

I don't listen to the great maha rushie, but it's entertaining how he pisses you leftists off, with uncomfortable facts. :)
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby brinstar » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:53 pm

Lyion wrote:Either will be a huge improvement over Ben Nelson. It's a shame Kerrey never made it to the White House. He's a good man and probably would've been a very good President.

Our Senate choices are Sherrod Brown or Josh Mandel in Ohio. I'd take Kerrey over either of those ding dongs.

agreed sir. never was a nelson fan myself, aside from the pair he showed when he pissed all over the plans for a nuclear waste dump in NE back in the 90s. the state got sued for it (and lost), and some people are still butthurt about it, but whatever, fuck 'em. at least we don't have a goddamn nuclear waste dump. ben was a good gov, but a bad US sen

i watched the last debate between kerrey and fischer a couple weeks ago. bob ran circles around her on every single topic - foreign policy, economic policy, social issues, government spending, etc. she just stood there with that stupid smirk on her face and repeated empty, nonspecific platitudes

EDIT: oh yeah, and he floated the idea of introducing a "Norris Amendment" that would 1) make the US congress nonpartisan like ours, 2) impose a 12-year term limit on congressional service, and 3) create campaign spending limits. tell me THAT isn't badass.

fischer was an empty-headed idiot in our state senate, and if polls hold true, she'll be an empty-headed idiot in the US senate. just gotta hope bob can squeeze out that last 5 points
Last edited by brinstar on Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Narrock » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:58 pm

Speaking about foreign policy... It's going to be the funniest thing I've ever heard listening to obummer trying to convince everybody that he has a successful foreign policy. He better call in sick to that debate. :rofl:
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby brinstar » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:59 pm

ask bin Laden about Obama's foreign policy when you meet him
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Narrock » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:04 pm

Yeah, obummer single-handedly stealthed in and strangled bin laden! LOL. Funny how obummer blames Bush for everything, yet fails to give him credit for setting up that whole plan (which he did). And another thing... Obummer dropped the ball 5 times before Leon Pineta had to basically say to himself "fuck this stupid president" and made the call HIMSELF to execute the plan ASAP. Obummer is such a fucking loser and worthless shitbag.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby brinstar » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:10 pm

Narrock wrote:Yeah, obummer single-handedly stealthed in and strangled bin laden! LOL.

if Obama doesn't deserve credit for killing bin Laden, why do you give bin Laden credit for 9/11?
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Gypsiyee » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:41 am

brinstar wrote:yeah it's not like it'll knock him out of 2nd place

lol

Funny how obummer blames Bush for everything, yet fails to give him credit for setting up that whole plan (which he did).

oh okay. Tora Bora. that's all I have to say about that.
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Return to Current Affairs