3rd debate

Real Life Events.

Go off topic and I will break you!

Moderator: Dictators in Training

3rd debate

Postby Tossica » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:53 pm

I'm gonna go ahead and say that Mitt was made a fool. He clearly had no idea what he was talking about and relied on Faux Nooz one liners and repeating the same tired shit over and over.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Re: 3rd debate

Postby Tossica » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:54 pm

"Yeah, and we have fewer horses and bayonets as well". Hahahaha
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby brinstar » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:01 pm

damn, those were some good questions ol' bob threw out, eh?

IMO they both slipped into their stump speeches too often, responding to foreign policy questions with domestic policy answers

BUT romney spent half the debate agreeing with the president's policies, and the other half failing to suggest any concrete or viable alternatives

i'll say the same thing i did after the second debate: although neither candidate dominated, obama came out with a small but noticeable edge

{response to ninjaposting} - yeah i busted out laughing when that happened, holy shit
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Arlos » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:51 pm

How about Mitt talking about how Syria was Iran's "Route to the Sea"?

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Spazz » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:52 pm

Totally skipt that shit and watched some real pro wrasslin instead

FEED ME MORE !!

WHITE TRASH METAL SLUMMER
Why Immortal technique?
Perhaps its because I am afraid and he gives me courage.
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Arlos » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:54 pm

Spazz wrote:Totally skipt that shit and watched some real pro wrasslin instead

FEED ME MORE !!

I actually only watched snippets. I was paying far more attention to the Giants in Game 7 of the NLCS.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Spazz » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:58 pm

If I had booked the debate it woulda ended with Obama getting the upper hand and mitt romney would try to roll out the ring but Ryback and Cena throw him back in and obama lands the sweet chin music. Have the president go into the ppv with some momentum. Raw goes off the air with president standing over the challenger telling him theres no way hes taking the title at hell in the cell and the music hits.

WHITE TRASH METAL SLUMMER
Why Immortal technique?
Perhaps its because I am afraid and he gives me courage.
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Drem » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:08 pm

HahahaahahhShahahahh. I was also busy wayching nlcs game 7
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Narrock » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:55 am

:rolleyes: obummer agreed with Romney just as much. Obummer sounded like he didn't know what he was talking about (again) and was immaturely combative and with repeatedly-failed condescension attempts. Romney again took the higher route and looked like more of a leader than obummer, and definitely more of a statesman. That "less bayonets blah blah" comnent was retarded. And once again, obummer lied with his accusation that Romney said that "Russia is our biggest threat.". Lol. Even CNN showed that interview with Wolf Blitzer that proved obummer lied. God, we've GOT to get that clown out of the White House.
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby leah » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:35 am

fewer, not less.

also i've determined that i basically can't ever take anything you say seriously because of your insistence on using childish nicknames for people you don't agree with rather than being an adult and addressing everyone by name. this has been a pet peeve of mine for years now and obviously you're never going to change, so i don't know why i am even typing this, but i guess it feels better to get it out of my head. at your core, you're an immature, close-minded, hate-filled man who relies on regurgitated talking points and playground nicknames to make your arguments, usually hiding behind your "love" of "God" and "country," when really you just don't like colored people or fags or people who don't believe in your God or people who think differently than you. it's impossible to make any headway when going up against a brick wall of derp. i can't believe any of us still try, myself included. if you want an example of how to have civilized political discourse between opposing viewpoints, look at lyion--he knows he's on a different team than most of the other posters, but he is consistently respectful and knowledgeable and makes valid arguments rather than repeating the same things over and over, and he is treated with respect as a result. if you ever expect to be taken seriously, you need to take a good, hard look at your attitude and actions and make some adjustments before attempting to have a real, meaningful discussion with anyone.

anyway, pointless post is pointless. high five me on wasting 10 minutes of my day.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Narrock » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:47 am

I can't take anything YOU say seriously, Leah. Perhaps if you just stuck with the family/entertainment forums, you'd be better received. Your stance on politics and religion is just funny to me, as well as your clueless accusations of me being a hate-filled man. You really say stupid things quite often. So why don't you just ignore what I say, since anybody who isn't aligned with your political views is just a hate monger. And as far as being more like Lyion... No thanks. His pseudo-conservatism is not my cup of tea. I agree with some of what he says, but quite often, I'm baffled by his comments.
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Tossica » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:19 am

Narrock wrote:Derp
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby ClakarEQ » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:49 am

I thought it was great how many times Myth Romensia said, "I agree with POTUS on that", "I think this administration is doing the right thing", like x50.

Yeah, my position on international affairs, is, well, the same as the current administration. FFS he even flip-flopped on when the troops are leaving. Just last debate he said "I would NEVER tell the enemy my time line" or something to that effect and then this one he said "Our Troops WILL BE LEAVING by end of 2014". Two debates, and the fucker flip-flopped between them.

Mindia, you go ahead and vote for Myth, you don't know WTF you'll get anyway, that guy is a joke and will literally say ANYTHING to get into office.
ClakarEQ
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Tossica » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:42 am

Yeah but he's not a nigger. That's all that matters to Mindia and the rest of the Obama hating clowns.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby brinstar » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:02 pm

the fact that this race is deadlocked is a testament to either a) how stupid the average american is, b) how effective the right-wing propaganda machine has become, or c) all of the above

i'm going with c
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby 10sun » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:25 pm

The Oscar Meyer Oracle predicts Mitt Romney by a landslide!
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby Kaemon » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:41 pm

I'm not sure what you guys thought was so special about Obama's debate.

On one side you had a guy that has no foriegn policy whatsoever only giving his ideas on what he should do and who gave credit to Obama when credit was due and not once did he drudge up Libya and Benghazi. He held his composure especially during the silly attack's he was receiving with aircraft carrier and nuclear sub descriptions. The bayonet and horse comment was ridiculous since all he was looking for was a zing. Every marine is given a bayonet, every marine has a bayonet.

On the other side you had a guy that had 3 yrs and change with foriegn policy and while some things were deemed worthwhile. He still dropped the ball on a bunch of stuff. One thing that wasn't mentioned that I thought the moderator might have mentioned was that The President of the United States ordered an assassination on a United States Citizen. I would have loved to have known Romney's answer to that since we already know what President Obama's answer is. Doesn't that scare anyone on that precedence alone?

I think Obama would've faired better without the zingers considering he was going against someone that had no foriegn policy whatsoever almost identical to himself four years ago.

Overall I give it to Obama slightly but I don't think hurt Romney in slightest bit, and Brin, just because people have a different viewpoint, it doesn't make the average american stupid, we're not all right wing nutjobs. We just want something different, President Obama had his shot, it didn't work....let's move on to something else.
Adivina wrote:We are the most bipolar acting community, bunch of manics with the mood swings on here.
Kaemon
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Tossica » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:50 am

You MUST see how ridiculous it is to expect whoever was elected in 08 to fix the mess in less than 4 years. It's ludicrous. Obama has dropped the ball several times, done as well as could be expected in most cases and excelled in others. To deny it is choosing ignorance. All of the facts are there. There's really no need to go over them again. If you can't look at a chart and see exactly where and when things started to turn around, I think you're choosing to not see it. Is he an amazing president that I support 100%? No. There's a ton of shit that sucks. Has he done what he could and worked his ass off to try to fix the situation? Hell yeah.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby ClakarEQ » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:21 am

Kaemon, what different do you expect to get because I don't see how you could possibly know. What parts of Mitt's story are solid, rigid, etc. He is in such a state of flux I seriously don't understand how his own party would vote for him.

BTW every POTUS has had hit list and every one includes US citizen, why is there such a big deal about this guy (maybe Toss has point, aye?)?
ClakarEQ
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Reynaldo » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:35 pm

The most laughable thing to me is how a few weeks away from the election, voters can still be swayed by the two guys sitting down and talking to a moderator giving scripted responses to questions and one-liners? Really? The last 4 years isn't enough to decide whichever way you're voting?
Reynaldo
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby ClakarEQ » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:21 pm

Reynaldo, it appears to be the case for far too many Americans. I know there are a few here so don't take this the wrong way, IMO undecided voters tend to be that % of Americans that "do enough" and procrastinate, not quite underachievers but far from over achievers, these are the folks that just "get by" because they're ok with getting by. This goes to both sides too, DEMs and REPs.

As an example, how many folks even here ( BTW I’d say the majority of folks here are in the minority of the nation) have actually read and reviewed all the ballot options in front of you?

Then ask that question of your friends. Where you would hope to see many folks saying they did or have, I’d bet that is not the case and as you branch out you’ll find less and less that actually did (hope you’re following here).

WAY TOO MUCH ignorance in our nation, I’d wager over half the populace is too ignorant to vote, yet they do and will.

That is why I struggle with anyone that thinks Mitt is the better man for the job. How do you know what you'll get? As Toss mentioned before and I agree, is POTUS perfect, hell no, lots of things I wanted done differently, but you know what? I know what I'm going to get, I have 4 years of experience with him. I and all whom I know are better off than 4 years ago. I know he's done as best he can and while he lies a good amount (as they all do), I don't see him doing SOOO many 180 degree flip-flops.

I posted a bit ago after Mindia called me out on how POTUS made my life better. Then I think it was Lyion who attempted to poo poo it but he was wrong. Funny thing is, not one of you here, not ONE, could write how your life was worse. Yet some of you will still vote for Mitt. They guy who is like a box of chocolates....
ClakarEQ
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Tossica » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:00 pm

We have a population of people that view the entire world through a single, skewed viewpoint and then think they are somehow educated when they can regurgitate the lies they've been told over and over again.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Menelvir » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:25 pm

I'm far too ignorant to vote in a national election -- it's best I leave that task to those best qualified to do so.
"People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost." - The Dalai Lama
Menelvir
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Kaemon » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:26 pm

Tossica wrote:We have a population of people that view the entire world through a single, skewed viewpoint and then think they are somehow educated when they can regurgitate the lies they've been told over and over again.

That goes both ways brother.
Adivina wrote:We are the most bipolar acting community, bunch of manics with the mood swings on here.
Kaemon
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby brinstar » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:29 pm

Kaemon wrote:kill lists

agree with you there, i believe i am on record saying that is one of the ways obama pisses me off (and one of the reasons i'm not voting for him)

see also: NDAA's indefinite detention clause, drone terrorism in yemen/pakistan/wherever, whistleblower prosecution, patriot act bullshit, sending the DOJ after marijuana dispensaries, etc

Kaemon wrote:Overall I give it to Obama slightly but I don't think hurt Romney in slightest bit, and Brin, just because people have a different viewpoint, it doesn't make the average american stupid, we're not all right wing nutjobs.

you are right in that people having different viewpoints doesn't mean they are stupid. if you thought i was implying causation, you misunderstood

but that being said, i still believe the average american is very very stupid

Kaemon wrote:President Obama had his shot, it didn't work

can you be more specific, or are you just a GOP cheerleader?
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Next

Return to Current Affairs