hurricane sandy

Real Life Events.

Go off topic and I will break you!

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Re: hurricane sandy

Postby ClakarEQ » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:13 pm

Harrison wrote:You're just so smart. I wish I was as smart as you are.

Well thanks Harri, Toss and I both take those comments to heart. One day, one day you'll be there :p.

Dude I work with unions off and on. I work in Detroit, practically the UAW homeland, don't begin to tell me about unions, mmmkay.

I never said they can't be assholes, and I never said there aren't bad apples. I even left an "out" saying that "one guy . . ." bla bla.

Unions are NOT bad, get over it.
Last edited by ClakarEQ on Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ClakarEQ
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Kaemon » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:15 pm

Toss, when I have ever BS'd about anything. We've known each other since 2000 in game, have I ever given you that impression?

I don't know squat from Clakar.

PSEG and JCPL are not unions, they are companies. Their linesman are union, PSEG and JCPL will accept the help willingly. Linesman are being told not to work non union out of state linesman from their union heads. Simple. Excuses are made, there are guys that tow the union line and will refuse to work alongside non union. Some turned back, it's that simple. You won't see written or if you do, you'll get an excuse from union heads and their companies so no one looks bad. I'm telling you the shit happened.

PS- We did see some out of state trucks, Missouri, Texas, Illinois which we were grateful for.

PPS - My wife's in the teachers union working as a learning consultant for Perth Amboy Public Schools, we receive great benefits. We just started paying for medical this year since the renegotions with the state and it's pennies to the dollar at the moment. Why in the world would I be anti union?
Adivina wrote:We are the most bipolar acting community, bunch of manics with the mood swings on here.
Kaemon
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby ClakarEQ » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:30 pm

Kae, I'll apologize on one point because after re-reading my message it came off too rough. I didn't mean for it to be taken like liar liar pants on fire or whatever.

You don't know me from shit on the floor and thats ok.

I'm not union, my company hates unions, I am forced to work with them in essentially a hostile enviornment due to the obvious conflict. I do know what dicks they can be when I need IT work done on the shop floor, have the means to get it done, want it done RIGHT NOW, to get cock blocked by them. I also can see why unions cock block non-unions. I think they should at times. Process and procedures are a needed evil and it goes both ways.

My brother is in a union, several friends are as well. It is hard at times to get any of them to see a negative but they will concede bad apples exist.

The quick check I did on your post showed some clear BS is all. I've never heard of such a thing that you've describe IN the environment you're in, thats my point. I've seen it elsewhere, but never during an emergency. I've never seen a union guy turn off his humanity as you've suggested. That is the part that rubs at me. At best you could call what you posted a misscommunication or something.
ClakarEQ
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Previous

Return to Current Affairs