:)

Real Life Events.

Go off topic and I will break you!

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Re: :)

Postby Narrock » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:02 am

Tossica wrote:Except nothing that you said is true.

Oh, and this: http://dailycaller.com/2011/11/29/lame- ... z1f7sb01bs
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Tossica » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:03 am

Narrock wrote:
Tossica wrote:He spent what he had to in preventing the financial collapse. Other than that, there is no ridiculous spending spree. He's actually been quite conservative on spending considering the financial climate.
. No didn't have to spend that much to prevent a financial collapse.

Ok, tell that to all the financial advisers that actually, you know, prevented the collapse and all.

I don't agree with the Wall Street bailout that Bush signed nor do I agree with all the spending under Obama's administration but I do understand that you MUST spend in order to break free of a recession. When the banks stop lending and money stops changing hands. The ONLY way to break free is to pump cash in to the marketplace and get people spending again. It's been proven over and over. It sucks but that's how it goes.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Tossica » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:13 am

Take the Iraq and Afghan wars that Bush started out of the equation and Obama doesn't look like that big of a spender after all, does he?
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Harrison » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:39 pm

Bush started the Afghanistan war?

I thought Osama Bin Laden did when he killed thousands of Americans on American soil. :dunno:

I guess history is already being rewritten.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Tossica » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:45 pm

Harrison wrote:Bush started the Afghanistan war?

I thought Osama Bin Laden did when he killed thousands of Americans on American soil. :dunno:

I guess history is already being rewritten.

I believe most of the hijackers were Saudi's and Bin Laden was killed in Pakistan. Bush put boots on the ground in both wars. Obama could have yanked the cord out the minute he was elected, I guess. That would have saved us a bunch of money.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Harrison » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:49 pm

The hijackers were Saudi, Bin Laden (who orchestrated their operation) was hiding in Afghanistan at the time under protection by the Taliban (sharing a border with Pakistan, where they also operate to and from regularly)

He was killed in Pakistan, 10 years later, so what is your point there exactly?

That we should have taken the hit and not done anything?
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Kaemon » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:55 pm

I'm glad this over, I'm hoping for some bipartisanship.

Is it me or when a president looks good is when the house and senate are controlled from the opposite party?
Adivina wrote:We are the most bipolar acting community, bunch of manics with the mood swings on here.
Kaemon
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Tikker » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:16 pm

Last edited by Tikker on Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Kaemon » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:25 pm

No the excuse for Iraq was WMD's. I thought I read somewhere years ago that it was also some type of retalition for an assassination attempt at Bush senior during his presidency but that could be just consipiracy theory bullshit, maybe we can have Clakar look up Snopes to prove me wrong though and call me a liar.

Fucking Iraq war was so wrong, so many lives lost for the wrong reasons.
Adivina wrote:We are the most bipolar acting community, bunch of manics with the mood swings on here.
Kaemon
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby brinstar » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:28 pm

Harrison wrote:Bush started the Afghanistan war?

he killed thousands?! but he didn't fly the planes...
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby ClakarEQ » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:34 pm

Kaemon wrote:Clakar look up Snopes to prove me wrong though and call me a liar.

Ok ok, I said I was sorry :(
ClakarEQ
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Harrison » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:09 pm

Kaemon wrote:No the excuse for Iraq was WMD's. I thought I read somewhere years ago that it was also some type of retalition for an assassination attempt at Bush senior during his presidency but that could be just consipiracy theory bullshit, maybe we can have Clakar look up Snopes to prove me wrong though and call me a liar.

Fucking Iraq war was so wrong, so many lives lost for the wrong reasons.

The attempted assassination of Bush Sr. was done by the IIS (Iraqi Intelligence Service)

That's not why we went to Iraq, but it should have been plenty reason to do so. That is an act of war, period.

I believe Clinton bombed their sites after that, it's before my time and I'd have to go back and read up on it.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Tossica » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:31 am

Harrison wrote:The hijackers were Saudi, Bin Laden (who orchestrated their operation) was hiding in Afghanistan at the time under protection by the Taliban (sharing a border with Pakistan, where they also operate to and from regularly)

He was killed in Pakistan, 10 years later, so what is your point there exactly?

That we should have taken the hit and not done anything?

My point is that 10s of thousands of people are dead and trillions of dollars spent. I'm not buying the faux outrage on the right over the deficit, spending, etc. It's fucking BULLSHIT. They are just fine spending trillions of dollars to blow up brown people and "nation building" but how dare anyone suggest spending money on our OWN nation.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Menelvir » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:59 am

Tossica wrote:They are just fine spending trillions of dollars to blow up brown people and "nation building"

Those are lucrative contracts to defense and military manufacturers. Smart bombs, missiles, etc. are all expensive. So are planning and logistics, like creating impromptu bases in the middle of BFE, and housing and feeding the personnel stationed there.

War^H^H^H Nation-buidling can be very profitable....... if you're in the right industry.

I'm not advocating it -- but the fact that it makes certain people plenty of money isn't lost on me.
"People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost." - The Dalai Lama
Menelvir
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Tossica » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:21 am

Menelvir wrote:
Tossica wrote:They are just fine spending trillions of dollars to blow up brown people and "nation building"

Those are lucrative contracts to defense and military manufacturers. Smart bombs, missiles, etc. are all expensive. So are planning and logistics, like creating impromptu bases in the middle of BFE, and housing and feeding the personnel stationed there.

War^H^H^H Nation-buidling can be very profitable....... if you're in the right industry.

I'm not advocating it -- but the fact that it makes certain people plenty of money isn't lost on me.

Absolutely. People are perfectly ok with the government handing billions of dollars to companies to make bombs, planes, tanks, etc that we will most likely never use but as soon as someone suggest we spend money on education, infrastructure, health care, etc, the bleating starts.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Previous

Return to Current Affairs