Union greed strikes again, buhbye 18k jobs at Hostess

Real Life Events.

Go off topic and I will break you!

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Re: Union greed strikes again, buhbye 18k jobs at Hostess

Postby Kaemon » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:36 pm

brinstar wrote:^^^ uhh spazzbro ^^^

brinstar wrote:there's like half a dozen companies that would buy the brand and keep making twinkies

anyway after the bankruptcy judge ordered mediation, talks broke down again today. liquidation here we come

gg rising labor costs, America not eating that crap any longer, and bad management

Fixed.
Adivina wrote:We are the most bipolar acting community, bunch of manics with the mood swings on here.
Kaemon
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby brinstar » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:03 pm

hostess top brass demands $1.8M in bonuses during liquidation proceedings

if you still think "greedy unions" tanked hostess, punch yourself in your stupid bitch mouth
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby ClakarEQ » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:38 am

Did you see what some of those consultants are making too, I saw one guy was making 125k, wait for it, wait, $125k per FUCKING MONTH!!!!!! not year, but every GD month /boggle
ClakarEQ
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Harrison » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:39 am

No one is saying they aren't slimeballs too.

They played chicken and lost. Fat lot of good that union did for them.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Spazz » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:40 am

What havent you figured out about when all the money goes out at the top it ruins the economy?? Our american workers are competing in a rigged game but by all means lets continue to play this way and blame them. Why shouldnt the top end make all the money thats what america is about.

Please explain to me why workers should get the shaft so that bosses can make an extra buck and how thats a good thing for our economy

The fucking union is not the reason hostess is out of business
WHITE TRASH METAL SLUMMER
Why Immortal technique?
Perhaps its because I am afraid and he gives me courage.
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby brinstar » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:09 pm

facts don't matter, obviously

YOONYUNS BAAAAAD
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby brinstar » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:01 pm

Hostess workers' pension contributions were redirected

article wrote:Hostess Brands Inc. said in a news release Monday it used wages that were supposed to help finance employee pensions for the company’s operations as it sank toward bankruptcy.

The company told The Wall Street Journal it wasn’t clear how many workers were affected or how much money never wound up in their pension plans as promised. It was the first time the company made such an acknowledgement.

brinstar wrote:if you still think "greedy unions" tanked hostess, punch yourself in your stupid bitch mouth
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Kaemon » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:08 pm

Although the Teamsters union agreed in September to a compromise, resistance from the bakers union was fierce.

Halted pension contributions were a major factor in the bakers union’s refusal to make a deal with the company. After a federal bankruptcy judge granted Hostess’ request to impose a new contract, the union’s employees went on strike. Hostess then moved to liquidate the company.

The bakers union represented about 5,600 of the company’s 18,500 employees

Let's get this straight, money that didn't belong to the employees that the company was putting into their pension funds. A company that was running razor thin profits that decided to redirect that money back into the company to keep it viable and afloat. Had the blessing from bankruptcy court to renegotiate all contracts so it can stay afloat. Only to have the bakers union go on strike saying "fuck that man, I want whats mine bitch!!"

I find it funny that Teamsters saw what was coming and was ready to compromise but the bakers union I guess had other jobs lined up for their members if this strike didn't work.
Yeah, Unions aren't too greedy.

But I'll say this again, EVERYONE fucked up on their part.
Adivina wrote:We are the most bipolar acting community, bunch of manics with the mood swings on here.
Kaemon
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Tossica » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:42 pm

Kaemon wrote:
Although the Teamsters union agreed in September to a compromise, resistance from the bakers union was fierce.

Halted pension contributions were a major factor in the bakers union’s refusal to make a deal with the company. After a federal bankruptcy judge granted Hostess’ request to impose a new contract, the union’s employees went on strike. Hostess then moved to liquidate the company.

The bakers union represented about 5,600 of the company’s 18,500 employees

Let's get this straight, money that didn't belong to the employees that the company was putting into their pension funds. A company that was running razor thin profits that decided to redirect that money back into the company to keep it viable and afloat. Had the blessing from bankruptcy court to renegotiate all contracts so it can stay afloat. Only to have the bakers union go on strike saying "fuck that man, I want whats mine bitch!!"

I find it funny that Teamsters saw what was coming and was ready to compromise but the bakers union I guess had other jobs lined up for their members if this strike didn't work.

How does it NOT belong to the employees? It's a benefit. Benefits are provided to employees in addition to wages to make up an employment package. If you take away wages and take away benefits, you are taking away from your employees no matter how you look at it. My employer cut contributions to my 401K for over a year due to funding cuts. That's money out of MY retirement. A benefit that was offered to me when my employment negotiations were made. This went beyond that. This was money that was supposed to be IN the retirement accounts already but was taken away. All the little guys get fucked but the executives get BONUSES??? Are you SERIOUSLY still defending these fucks? Jesus christ.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Harrison » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:07 pm

He's saying they're both bags of shit. He isn't defending either of them.

You're just too hurrdurr to understand that.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby brinstar » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:24 pm

Kaemon wrote:Let's get this straight, money that didn't belong to the employees that the company was putting into their pension funds. A company that was running razor thin profits that decided to redirect that money back into the company to keep it viable and afloat. Had the blessing from bankruptcy court to renegotiate all contracts so it can stay afloat. Only to have the bakers union go on strike saying "fuck that man, I want whats mine bitch!!"

you skipped the part where the company HAD ALREADY PROMISED TO GIVE THEM THAT MONEY

and it isn't as though they said "hey guys can we use that" or "shit's getting bad we need to use that dough"

they just fucking took it and didn't tell anyone
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Tossica » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:24 pm

People pissed because their wages have been slashed, their pensions robbed and then being asked to take another pay cut while executives give themselves HUGE bonuses are bags of shit?

Fuck you, dick.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Harrison » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:01 am

Pissed is fine, just don't cry when you go on strike and you're unemployed.

That is on them 100%.

They chose to strike. They are paying for the consequences of their choice. It's that simple.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby ClakarEQ » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:09 am

This company was dead before the strike harri. The strike in a lot of ways was to get them to do what they were promised.

If I told you'll get 100.00 sign on bonus when I hire you. You leave your old job and come over to me, yet you don't get your check. You ask, "hey, um, in our discussions you told me I'd get 100.00 when I come over, I haven’t seen that yet". I say to you "yeah, things changed and well I don't care about that and you're not going to get it, get over it, move on and do your job".

I'm 100% confident you'd leave my office smiling, full of motivation to do a good days work, knowing your boss just shit down your throat and put you in your place.

I know, you'd leave, right?

What would you do if you were 50 though? What if it wasn't 100.00 but 40,000.00? How full of smiles would you be then? How good a job would you do if I just stole 40k out of your pocket?

Are there no work houses are there no prisons?
ClakarEQ
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby brinstar » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:28 am

Harrison wrote:They are paying for the consequences of their choice. It's that simple.

you are literally ignoring every single fact in this case just because you hate unions

stop being a retard please
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Lyion » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:28 pm

While I disagree with harri, the inverse is true in regards to Toss and your position, Brin. You completely ignore the REAL facts, which Kaemon rightly presented. The Teamsters, the larger union had a deal in place to keep the company solvent. The Bakery and Weedmakery other union at the 11th hour decided to strike. It crippled the companies operations and their union leadership knew the deal. Their goal was to get rid of the current leadership and bring in a new one to take its place and give them what they feel is fair. That's fine, but if they all do end up unemployed it's partly due to their own vote and forcing the company into liquidation.

The other bonus and lawyer bullshit is normal corporate operation, but is what it is.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Previous

Return to Current Affairs