hagel nominated for sec. of defense

Real Life Events.

Go off topic and I will break you!

Moderator: Dictators in Training

hagel nominated for sec. of defense

Postby brinstar » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:58 pm

thoughts?

hilariously, the GOP is in a tizzy about it - despite the fact that there's an R behind the guy's name (as if we needed further proof that their sole purpose in life is to oppose and obstruct obama at every step)

not to mention i think it's pretty despicable that the log cabin republicans are screaming about his gay rights record only months after fully endorsing romney. seriously? way to destroy your own credibility, douchebags

i personally think it's a shrewd choice - hagel strikes a good balance between not being a pussy and not being a hawk. maybe our insane pentagon budget will finally shed some pounds?
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Re: hagel nominated for sec. of defense

Postby Spazz » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:20 pm

Like you I think it was a calculated move but as far as the pentagon goes its meet the new boss same as the old boss and things continue on as they have.
WHITE TRASH METAL SLUMMER
Why Immortal technique?
Perhaps its because I am afraid and he gives me courage.
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby brinstar » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:11 pm

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/0 ... 02358.html

Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel will take a voluntary pay cut as a show of solidarity with Pentagon employees who will have to take unpaid time off over the coming months, a Defense Department spokesman said on Tuesday.

Hagel will give back the equivalent of 14 days' pay to the government, Pentagon spokesman George Little said. That would come to about $10,750, based on Hagel's salary of $199,700.

"My understanding is that there is a legal way to actually write a check, if you will, back to the U.S. Treasury," Little told reporters.

Most of the Pentagon's 800,000 civilian employees will have to take 14 days of unpaid leave as it implements more than $40 billion in spending cuts before the fiscal year ends on Sept. 30 as part of a blunt budget-cutting effort known as "the sequester" that will affect a broad range of government operations.

nebraska reppin' boyeeeeeeee
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby leah » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:38 am

cool. i like chuck.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!