spazz and lyion disscuss issues.

Real Life Events.

Go off topic and I will break you!

Moderator: Dictators in Training

spazz and lyion disscuss issues.

Postby Spazz » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:02 pm

I was just outside enjoying a smoke and I had a thought I would run by you. I think it would be cheaper if we rounded up all of our junkies and just straight gave them the dope they are jonesing for. Prisons cost a ton, cops cost a ton, dealing with the crimes they commit to get dope costs a ton. Insurance companies or you have to pay to replace and fix the shit they ruin and take.

It doesnt fit the punishment or personal responsibility narrative but the current system isnt working real well and costs a lot of money. One thing I have learned about dealing with junkies is that you cant punish them because they dont give 2 shits and it doesnt matter if its jail or a beatdown they put themselves through worse to get the dope.
WHITE TRASH METAL SLUMMER
Why Immortal technique?
Perhaps its because I am afraid and he gives me courage.
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Re: spazz and lyion disscuss issues.

Postby Tikker » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:49 am

Last edited by Tikker on Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Reynaldo » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:55 am

I think you just airlift everyone on death row out to an island somewhere and let them do real survivor.

Best reality TV ever and you make money on them instead of them costing money, plus end up with the same result as their stay on death row.

Everybody wins.
Reynaldo
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Lyion » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:14 am

Escape from Detroit starring Spazz?

Ship a massive amount of drugs there and have zero law enforcement. Oh, lots of guns, too.

Must see TV there.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Spazz » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:22 pm

We already have tons of drugs and guns up here. I was just speculating that there has to be an easier way of dealing with these people.
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Harrison » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:36 am

Tikker wrote:Single bullet in the face of drug users is even cheaper

Not the users.

Junkies.

There's a pretty massive difference between recreational use and someone addicted beyond hope.

I agree with the bullet to the junkies' faces.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Kaemon » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:24 am

Reynaldo wrote:I think you just airlift everyone on death row out to an island somewhere and let them do real survivor.

Best reality TV ever and you make money on them instead of them costing money, plus end up with the same result as their stay on death row.

Everybody wins.

Stephen King already wrote a story about it years ago, The Running Man.
Adivina wrote:We are the most bipolar acting community, bunch of manics with the mood swings on here.
Kaemon
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Spazz » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:13 pm

Yea a bullet to some moms fuck up kid or some kids fuck up of a dad is a great thing. I think treating it as a medical issue and being willing to rehab someone with out punishing them might be a much better and moral choice. I know a lot of people fucked up on drugs. Some of them partied and got stuck on party but a lot of the newer ones are normal ass people who got hurt real bad and got hooked to their medicine.

I know the info is out there but a lot of people think its safe if a doctor gives it to you and dont realize that those pills are just low dose heroin until its much to late.

Junkies are a pain in the ass and encountering one can fuck your life up in many many ways but they make me sadder than they do angry. I dont wish em dead I just that they could see what they are doing to themselves and the people around them. House full of junkies and kids behind me right now its a total nightmare scene. SHits gettin stolen all up and down the block. Fights are breaking out and ultimately no matter what happens the kids are going to be the ones who have to pay the price. Since theres like 9 kids it would prolly be better in the long run if we could give them their parents back than spilt them all up.
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Trielelvan » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:22 pm

Spazz wrote:...if we could give them their parents back than spilt them all up.

That's a pretty big "if." The problem with junkies is they usually just want you to stay the fuck away from them and leave them the hell alone, and they don't think they need or want anyone's help for anything... unless, yanno, you've got drugs to give them. I won't lie though, we forced one dude into rehab hogtied in belts and screaming bloody murder, but he's stayed clean now for 12+ years. Somewhere on the middle of his downward spiral through withdrawal (and he was hooked on pill heroin and crank) his resolve broke and he started listening.

He's only one though. I've been bedside of too many ODs. I seriously would love to believe that they should all get help, but some of these bitches, before they OD'd themselves, gave birth to little tiny premie babies born addicted to *insert drug here* that died within 48 hours and only knew pain and horrible suffering before they passed
It's hard to be rational about rehab when that happens. ><
HyPhY GhEtTo MaMi wrote:GeT ofF mAh OvaRiEz
Trielelvan
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Spazz » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:41 pm

Im not saying all of them can be fixed but maybe more of them would recover or at least not become total criminals if we treated the problem different. What we are doing isnt working for anyone.
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Lyion » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:15 am

The problem is should we throw junkies away and lock up the key? I personally don't think any non violent drug offender should be in jail at all. As long as they aren't committing a crime, there should be a better solution.

Oh, and Triel, get off the druggies ovaries. It's obviously none of your business. It's not that far from the average second term baby getting a spike through it's head and your analogy.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Trielelvan » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:43 am

Spazz wrote:Im not saying all of them can be fixed but maybe more of them would recover or at least not become total criminals if we treated the problem different. What we are doing isnt working for anyone.

Yep, I hear you.

Lyion wrote:The problem is should we throw junkies away and lock up the key? I personally don't think any non violent drug offender should be in jail at all. As long as they aren't committing a crime, there should be a better solution.

Oh, and Triel, get off the druggies ovaries. It's obviously none of your business. It's not that far from the average second term baby getting a spike through it's head and your analogy.

I agree. I don't think non violent offenders should do jailtime either. It's senseless.
I was more talking about the other knee-jerk reaction of just putting a bullet through their head before point A gets to point B, but that's exactly what it is: a knee-jerk reaction to an awful situation.

Also, your part 2 made absolutely no sense whatsoever in relation to what I mentioned, but the HyPhY GhEtTo MaMi reference was funny though :D

I wasn't making an analogy.

I was making reference to an actual bitch I have rushed to an ER due to an OD that still had a baby in the NICU not 24-48hrs old shaking and screaming due to withdrawal for a day or two before its little body just couldn't take it anymore and died, only to have the mom die right after getting her in.
It's my business if that person makes it my business by coming to me.
Those situations make it hard to be rational about rehab... as in there have been times where I've looked back at what happened and seriously wondered for a moment if it wouldn't have been a better thing if I had just let the stupid slut kill herself the first time she OD'd and ended up in the hospital before she got pregnant and gave birth to a little crack baby.
In general, I understand how much needs to change and improve socially to get addicts the help they need.

It's just that shit like the above has a habit of making people, in general, not give 2 shits about those who need the help, and I'd wager I'm far more sympathetic than a lot of people. The odds aren't good for reform - that's all I'm saying. At least that's what I think I'm saying. I need more coffee this morning ><
Trielelvan
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Lyion » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:48 am

Triel are you an ER nurse type like Kalec?

My part two point was mainly just a reference to my pro life position and the fact it's not really such a black and white issue, and regardless of someones 'ovaries' there is a child involved there. It just blows me away so many of the most compassionate people I know have no issues with a second trimester baby with brainwaves and a beating heart being snuffed out. I can understand those who are ok with early term abortion, even if I'm against it, but the pro anytime/anywhere 'get off my ovaries' position does make me as sad as our continued use of the death penalty. Add in firearms fixation and we have way too much of a culture of 'death' in our supposed 'civilization'.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Trielelvan » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:35 pm

No, just have had one too many unfortunate idiots enter (and subsequently leave) my life throughout the years. She was one of them.

Uh, ok, I see where you're coming from. Just so it's stated though, while I am vehemently Pro-Choice, I am RAGINGLY against mid-late 2nd trimester and 3rd trimester abortions.
The baby can live - it's happened being born at 25 weeks, and there is NEVER any "medical" reason for a 3rd trimester abortion. Ever. Deliver it via C-Section and send the ex-mom on her way. If the baby made it that far, it can be delivered. The procedure to end a pregnancy at that late in the game = you HAVE to give birth to it at the end anyway.

I just have her quote in my sig because it's hilariously fucking retarded, as was she.
Trielelvan
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Kramer » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:21 pm

Best working action (I did not say solution on purpose) is the guy who wrote "in the realm of hungry ghosts" great read and a persuasive and coherent political/social/medical argument presented by a psychiatrist working with addicts
Mindia is seriously the greatest troll that has ever lived.
    Kramer
    NT Traveller
    NT Traveller

Postby Gaazy » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:35 am

i saw yesterday that mcready country singer or whatever she is commited suicide while she was depressed and high and shit. Feel bad for her kids =(
    Gaazy
    NT Deity
    NT Deity

Return to Current Affairs