Moderator: Dictators in Training

north korea what

Postby Drem » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:21 pm

Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Re: north korea what

Postby Spazz » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:55 pm

Im going to have to say that North Korea should stop this shit before it gets out of hand and leads to AN attack from north korea is eminent and we must act now to prevent some red dawn shit !!!
WHITE TRASH METAL SLUMMER
Why Immortal technique?
Perhaps its because I am afraid and he gives me courage.
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Drem » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:36 pm

"... so that just after an order is issued, we can destroy and sweep America and the South Korean puppet army, and achieve the historic achievement of reunified Korea."

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/11/world/asi ... ?hpt=hp_t3

do they really say this type of stuff all the time? any thoughts on that whack video ?
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Arlos » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:51 pm

Yeah, that's pretty much what they say all the time. Which is why they mostly get ignored when they do it.

THIS time, however, they test-detonated a nuke underground just after that video was released. So, the timing is certainly notable, even if the general message is the same-old, same-old.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Drem » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:09 pm

they're testing bigger warheads each time. i hear that last test was 1 megaton. still no where near what we dropped on japan but they're getting there. i feel like the rest of the world is just ignoring them and that eventually something really shitty is going to happen
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Arlos » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:44 pm

Actually, the bomb we dropped on Hiroshima was only 16 KILO tons. You'd need to drop 62.5 Hiroshima bombs all at once to equal one bomb with a 1 megaton yield. The last test from North Korea was, apparently, about 6-7 kt.

To date, only the main nuclear powers (USA, Russia, China, France, Britain) have developed the REALLY large weapons, of 1 megaton+ yields. Russia tested one that went off at 57 megatons, and could have reached 100, but fallout would have been horrifically bad. (estimated that 1 bomb would have had 1/4 as much fallout as was generated by every single other nuclear explosion in history, combined.) Biggest US design was 25 mt, but it was never actually detonated, and they've all since been dismantled.

Pakistan and India, the other 2 "known" nuclear states right now have maybe 100-150 weapons each, none of which gets over about 500kt. They developed theirs in the 90s, and have been building up ever since. South Africa HAD a few nukes, but dismantled them 20ish years ago. When the USSR split up, Ukraine inherited about 5000 nukes from Russia (and a few other ex-states had some too), but all of the ex-USSR states have since returned all their weapons to Russia, and have no stockpiles of their own. The big "unknown" nuclear state is, of course, Israel. The fact that Israel HAS nukes is about the world's worst-kept secret. Officially, they say they don't have any, in reality, best estimate is they have about 150 or so, and have probably had at least crude nukes since the late 60s. Also unknown is how big theirs are. If anyone has bombs as large as the "big-5" countries, it would be Israel.

The reason no one does much against North Korea is because China (for whatever reason) stops it. There's only a very limited amount that other countries can do, so long as China keeps defending NK. Trust me, no one is ignoring NK at all. There's just not much anyone can DO about them. That said, if NK ever USES a nuke on someone, especially the US or a US ally, I am 100% sure that Pyongyang becomes radioactive glass. I think that at least enough of the people in charge there KNOW that, so I suspect the worst that will happen is the current occasional bouts of saber rattling.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Kaemon » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:36 am

I guess W was right, N Korea and Iran...The Axis of Evil.
Adivina wrote:We are the most bipolar acting community, bunch of manics with the mood swings on here.
Kaemon
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby brinstar » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:52 pm

Arlos wrote:Russia tested one that went off at 57 megatons, and could have reached 100, but fallout would have been horrifically bad.

tsar bomba!!!!

also it would have incinerated drop craft
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Drem » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:36 pm

dunno why i said megaton.

the video for that tzar bomb is insane
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho