Postby brinstar » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:56 pm

46% are anyway
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Re: congress is pussies

Postby Spazz » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:31 pm

Im for a background check but I like many others am afraid that if you give them an inch they will want a mile. I think most people want loons and criminals not to have guns but dont want to disarm regular folks

Im about to purchase a new firearm here in the very near future. A background check doesnt worry me cuz im not insane or a felon but I am glad there arent any new restrictions on what I can purchase.

http://us.glock.com/products/model/g29

I dont know if I will be able to find one and bullets will be expensive but I think this is what I want.

I dont know what to say to you Brinstarr. Though we dont agree I dont think I am your enemy. I dont want to see people hurt or killed but I also dont want any restrictions on what guns I can purchase. I have proven that I am not a bad guy or a killer and I dont think doing an injustice to me and many like me is justice for those who have died. I didnt kill them. I didnt help and in any of the situations had I been there I would have tried to stop the violence.

Its a really emotional and uncomfortable subject to talk about. I wish I had a magic answer that would make everyone feel better but its very complicated. As I have said I think the things that cause someone to snap are a lot more of an issue than the weapon used. I think when you look into the numbers and see that most of the deaths are drug murders and suicides it points you in the right direction in curing the problem. Why as a country are we so miserable ? Why is the murder rate so high in the ghettos ? What percentage of murder in a city like detroit or chicago can be linked to drugs/profits/territory ?

The reality is that it is very hard to stop a lone wolf type loon but what can we do to make america less violent in general ? Some people say to just ban guns but I am of the opinion that all that does is takes the tool. Will we be banning knives like england next ? Its not me bull shitting either. I really do believe that addressing what causes the violence will work better towards building a much better society than just simply banning weapons.

After rambling for a bit I still think that background checks are ok but am reluctant to give even the slightest ground when I know there are people in power who will use it as a stepping stone for more restrictive gun regulations.
WHITE TRASH METAL SLUMMER
Why Immortal technique?
Perhaps its because I am afraid and he gives me courage.
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby araby » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:37 pm

do you think the government is buying up ammo? I've heard different opinions on this. you ask some people and they say, "we must be going to war." you ask others and they say, "they want to disarm the citizens."

my patient told me today that the government has contracts for buying up the ammo. my brother showed me a picture of the ammo selection at the wal mart in Nashville and it's empty. is that the government or the citizens buying it up? does anyone even know?
araby
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby brinstar » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:49 pm

bro here's the thing, i don't give a fuck anymore what kind of gun you want, i don't even give a fuck about an "assault weapon" ban

it's just fuck damn foolish for any future Billy McShooter to be able to swing by a gun show and completely dodge a background check when he'd be subject to one for buying the exact same gun at fuckin walmart

how does that make any kind of fuckin sense? it doesn't, and over 90% of the country was in favor of universal checks - yet only 54% of our "elected" "representatives" voted for them (most of the rest were scared of primary challenges)

and ashly, i will admit that sometimes it gives me the heebie-jeebies how much ammo the govt buys, but a) that's the nature of grants - if you don't spend the money, you don't get the money next time the chuckwagon comes around. and b) the reason the ammo cases at walmart are empty is that the NRA has been shitting out scare tactics ever since 1/20/09 about how OMG OBAMA GON' TAKE YER GUNS, TIME TO STOCK UP and that warning siren only gets louder every time some shit like aurora or newtown goes down. look at the stats, more guns have been sold in the last 5 years than the last 20

and fuck. nobody is after your fuckin guns, we just want to make sure you're not a fuckin nutcase before we let you have one
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Spazz » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:50 pm

Stop and unrustle your jimmie. Have you seen the shit fienstien has said in the past ? Or bidan if you want to learn to use a semi auto join the military ? Dont act like what I am saying doesnt hold water it does. If it would stop at a background check im for it but I am afraid thats just the begins

If youwant to talk about this again im down but I think you need to calm down. I am not who you are mad at.
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby brinstar » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:46 pm

i know i'm not mad at you, and if i wasn't clear about that let me be clear now

and i am not at all talking about feinstein's shit either, i am talking ONLY about universal background checks
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Spazz » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:57 pm

I know and the background check is fine but i was trying to tell you why I think it gets opposition. I hear the term common sense gun control a lot but what i see after it is usually anything but what seems like sense to me.

A background check to own something that can kill very easily seems like a pretty good idea but the fact that people like fienstein would use it to get a foot in the door is what worries me. I dont know other peoples minds but that is my issue. If the liberal party would reign in its loons I think gun laws would be a lot easier to discuss and pass.

I dont know man I really dont. Im so sick to death of violence that I really could puke but im at a loss for words on what we can do to realistically fight it. While I think a background check is a good idea I also dont think it would do much. Theres tons of black market guns circulating right now and you can always steal one. You can background check me and harrison all day long but im a lazy stoner and harris never finished a plan he had so even if he was a loon he poses no danger something will come up and hell give up on his shooting dream long before it begins.
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Trielelvan » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:54 am

So, let's get this straight...

According to the NY Times, 2.6% of welfare recipients are on drugs, and this is why every single person should be tested, despite the fact that it's a gigantic waste of money, is faulty, and is unreliable...

but a mandatory background check on anybody trying to buy a gun is a "violation of rights" and makes no sense?

...aaand the strings get pulled as they sing along, la lalala la la, dancing in money like strippers being showered by lobbyists and corporations, who are still apparently still more of a "people" than my uterus and I.

Yep. This all makes total sense. Totally.

A background check to own something that can kill very easily seems like a pretty good idea but the fact that people like fienstein would use it to get a foot in the door is what worries me.

Because they don't already have their feet in every other door? Dude, they're there already. Gun ban scares and shit like what was pulled when Obama got re-elected just DROVE gun and ammo sales like there was no tomorrow. Who do you think helps orchestrate this?
They (<--edit: typo) will NEVER ban guns, and they will NEVER ban ammo, and they will NEVER try to take weapons out of the hands of the people.

If you keep the unwashed masses armed, they'll kill each other just fine. It's all just numbers.

Jeezuz I need sleep...
HyPhY GhEtTo MaMi wrote:GeT ofF mAh OvaRiEz
Trielelvan
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby leah » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:21 am

brinstar wrote:bro here's the thing, i don't give a fuck anymore what kind of gun you want, i don't even give a fuck about an "assault weapon" ban

it's just fuck damn foolish for any future Billy McShooter to be able to swing by a gun show and completely dodge a background check when he'd be subject to one for buying the exact same gun at fuckin walmart

how does that make any kind of fuckin sense? it doesn't, and over 90% of the country was in favor of universal checks - yet only 54% of our "elected" "representatives" voted for them (most of the rest were scared of primary challenges)

and ashly, i will admit that sometimes it gives me the heebie-jeebies how much ammo the govt buys, but a) that's the nature of grants - if you don't spend the money, you don't get the money next time the chuckwagon comes around. and b) the reason the ammo cases at walmart are empty is that the NRA has been shitting out scare tactics ever since 1/20/09 about how OMG OBAMA GON' TAKE YER GUNS, TIME TO STOCK UP and that warning siren only gets louder every time some shit like aurora or newtown goes down. look at the stats, more guns have been sold in the last 5 years than the last 20

and fuck. nobody is after your fuckin guns, we just want to make sure you're not a fuckin nutcase before we let you have one

THIS THIS SO MUCH THIS. aghghghhhh.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Harrison » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:32 am

:rofl:

Also:

Forbes wrote:It confirmed that the Department of Homeland Security has issued an open purchase order for 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition. As reported elsewhere, some of this purchase order is for hollow-point rounds, forbidden by international law for use in war, along with a frightening amount specialized for snipers. Also reported elsewhere, at the height of the Iraq War the Army was expending less than 6 million rounds a month. Therefore 1.6 billion rounds would be enough to sustain a hot war for 20+ years. In America.

That. Is. Fucking. Insane.

It isn't a scare causing citizens to buy up all the ammunition present. It's that the government is contracting ALL OF IT, before we can even get any.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Trielelvan » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:59 am

Harrison wrote:It isn't a scare causing citizens to buy up all the ammunition present. It's that the government is contracting ALL OF IT, before we can even get any.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Trielelvan
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Harrison » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:22 am

Have you tried to find any ammunition to buy lately, on-site, or online? It's nearly impossible.

It's pretty ridiculous that the government has enough ammunition to wage a war for 20 years and still have rounds to spare, not even counting the military's stock. And, you see no problem here?
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Trielelvan » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:04 pm

I'm banging my head because you're digressing from the point.

Also, you're asking the wrong person dude lol. I live in MN, and it's nearly hunting season. There's ammo everywhere here.
That aside...
I get that the government buying up huge supplies is 67 kinds of fucked up, but that has absolutely nothing to do with what I'm talking about.
I'm talking about civilians going out to gun shows, stores, etc. and buying up guns and ammo like it was all going to go away tomorrow all due to the scare of "ERMAGHERDZ! DER CERMMIN FER ER GERNS!!!!!" and that most were able to do so without one single paper trail linking them to the weapons they were buying, and that THAT is somehow more important than the welfare of little kids starving to death.

Seriously, if the government is buying up all that ammo, especially THAT kind of ammo, what do you think they're planning on doing with it? Further, exactly what do you think your guns are gonna do about it? Hm?

Believe me. I see it. It's there in black and white, but that doesn't change the fact that I don't want Mr. PsychoTeaBillyHomophobicPedoCreep neighbor next door going out and buying a bunch of weapons without there being some kind of PAPER TRAIL.
I don't see this as a violation of anyone's rights, any more than forcing every single person who ever had to go on welfare to take a drug test, not just once, but every time the need arises (the latter of which, btw, I do completely wholeheartedly disagree with due to the completely ridiculous amount of error involved).

You don't have to take a drug test to buy a weapon do you?
You don't have to carry insurance on a weapon... like collateral damage and liability e.g. - do you?
I really find it completely asinine that somehow, especially in this day and age of having to have accountability for every fucking thing you own, do, work, or want, just somehow guns fly under the radar with people begging to have it left there.

How is this not insanity?

I have a feeling I will reread that later to discover how none of that made any sense.
48 hours awake @ 3 hours of sleep here with a sick kid.
Trielelvan
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Harrison » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:27 pm

You do realize that you have to contact an FFL who has to submit a background check, even at gun shows, right? The "gun show loophole" doesn't even exist unless it's a private sale. From FFL to customer, there is always a background check. Always.

You can't walk into a gun show and just buy a firearm, unless it's done illegally. This misinformation campaign about gun show loopholes is hilariously bad, but that's 99% of this whole issue.

The existing laws aren't properly enforced, and the misinformation being spread in an effort to pass MORE unenforceable laws that pander to idiotic constituents is disgusting.

We have massive glaring issues with our budget and the government spending even 1 minute or 1 penny on this non-issue is a fucking joke.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Arlos » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:13 pm

This whole thing pisses me the hell off.

Pardon my french, but the pro-gun people are behaving like they are so insecure about their tiny dicks that they have to buy a metal phallic substitute and wave it around in order to feel manly or something. I swear, new gun sales should come with a bottle of hand lotion and a box of tissues. So far no one has given ONE FUCKING IOTA of a good reason why people should be allowed to have military hardware or extended magazine clips other than, "Because I want them." Sorry, that reasoning didn't fly with my brother's 2 year olds, it's not going to fly for an adult, either.

We have ALWAYS had restrictions on rights granted to us in the Bill of Rights. Haven't you ever heard the old canard about how the right to free speech doesn't give you the right to yell "FIRE!" in a crowded theater? That's because doing so can bring direct harm to other people and THEIR rights (to life, specifically). Well, is it any question at all that firearms, if misused at all, are an even MORE dangerous threat to other people's rights to life? Yet the gun crazies are acting like *ANY* restriction on their right to own whatever gun they want is tantamount to slavery. It's fucking bullshit nonsense and makes those arguing it seem like absolute morons.

You know who is the real party behind this, don't you? The gun manufacturers. They're the ones who own the NRA, lock stock and barrel, if you'll excuse the pun. They don't want ANY restrictions on anyone selling any guns anywhere for any reason. Plus, they LOVE trumping up absurd slippery slope arguments among the firearms fellating set, because it drives sales, as people rush out to buy new penile replacements before some nefarious nebulous force comes to take them away... Sheerest paranoid delusions and conspiracy theory fantasy, but what do you expect when > 50% of this country is so mind-bogglingly stupid as to not even believe in established scientific fact like evolution.

Oh, and don't even get me started about the idiocy of something enjoying 90% popularity NOT passing in what is supposed to be a representative democracy. Seriously, we're far more an oligarchy these days than we are a democracy.

Stop the fucking planet, I want to get off.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Trielelvan » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:19 pm

^ TO Harri:

Um, no. See, here's the problem - the law is not consistent in every state. There are 33 states in which a "private citizen" can sell their personal firearms in a "gun show" (more pointedly, it's not prohibited).

Your talking to someone who used to frequent gun shows for years, though mind you, that was in Texas.

Never, not once, did I or my father EVER have to have a background check. The only information we handed over was the correct change from our hands to the "dealer" who was selling his "own stock," and I'm talking semi-auto present day as well as antique fully automatics (antique or no, they were completely functional). They don't give a shit who the hell you are as long as you have the cash.

So yeah, I realize what you're getting at, but the problem is you're only partly right.
Trielelvan
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Harrison » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:26 pm

Since when the fuck did "need" validate or invalidate your right to own something? Holy shit.

You don't "need" 99% of what you have. What the hell makes you think you can tell people what they can have based on your arbitrarily assigned "necessity"? Because you think it's more dangerous? (with absolutely zero data to support such a retarded claim, and mountains of data to support the fact that it isn't any more or less dangerous)

Please, keep harping on "extended magazine clips" and how much more dangerous they are than "x". You do realize how dumb you sound when you call it that, right, or do you really not know the terminology or how they work at all? What exactly is an "extended magazine clip" anyways? How can you even begin to comment on how much more or less dangerous a rifle is with a STANDARD capacity of 30, over 10(or whatever arbitrarily assigned amount you can make up), when you don't even know what they're called? Lol. It's like some old person calling my PC a fucking nintendo, and then telling me I don't need it.

Enforce existing laws before you waste time fabricating new ones to placate uninformed masses of idiot voters and waste my taxes on bullshit. This country is in massive debt and failing at everything, and this is what they're pushing for? Pathetic.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Spazz » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:37 pm

Arlos I want you to get off too. Take your elite tantrum and shove it up your ass. People like you are actually why gun control laws dont pass. Your the give an inch take a mile type. Ive given you a billion reasons on gun ownership and reasons behind all types of guns every time we have this debate. I keep trying to keep it real and you just want to scream about corporations and small penises like a child.

Its really a personal choice about how you want to live, I dont want your lifestyle forced on me dude.
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Arlos » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:04 pm

Oh, get off your fucking high horses.

YOUR "hobby" can be used to slaughter an entire school full of children. That's what it boils down to. Then when we try and pass a law to keep those items out of the hands of crazy people and criminals, you spout off with absurdist straw man and slippery slope arguments based on paranoid conspiracy theories to stop it.

Well, congratulations, it worked. Next time someone with guns they shouldn't have kills a big pack of kids, you all will bear responsibility. No, YOU might not have pulled the trigger yourselves, that's true. But you could have helped stop it, and did not.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Spazz » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:14 pm

Arlos its internet talk but if you said that face to face with me youd prolly need to pick up your teeth. Go fuck yourself go fuck your mom go fuck your moms mamma. Im not responsible for child killing and dont you dare try to tie that to me because I disagree with you you piece of shit
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Harrison » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:38 pm

This guy's jimmies are surely rustled.

Enforce existing laws first, buddy.

Also, when you push for a ban on cigarettes first I may take your desire to save the children seriously. Until then, it's a massive joke still.

Picture taken in person, this shit is common, and you want to ban standard capacity magazines for certain firearms. L O fucking L

Tell me more about how you want to protect this poor kid strapped to her disgusting father's chest, but aren't pushing for the ban of cigarettes.

Tell me more how cigarettes don't hurt anyone but the user as millions die.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Ganzo » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:39 pm

Arlos wrote: Then when we try and pass a law to keep those items out of the hands of crazy people and criminals

Do you realize how ridiculous this statement is. When did a law ever stoped a crazy person or a criminal?
גם זה יעבור

Narrock wrote:Yup, I ... was just trolling.

Narrock wrote:I wikipedia'd everything first.
Ganzo
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Zanchief » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:46 pm

Sweet bejesus, Harri, why the crap are you talking about cigarettes?

Keep the crazy focused please.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Jay » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:07 pm

Crazy people and criminals will always have access to guns ILLEGALLY but if they wanted to get a gun legally and w/o legal checks and balances all they would need to do is attend a gun show. The law is trying to stop that. Plain and simple. Nevermind inches vs miles. Nevermind Feinstein's foot in the door or Biden furthering his agenda or the NRA losing ground by this passing. Here and now the issue is on the table and a stalemate is not the way to solve the problem. If you're talking about what this could turn into then stop. You're honestly thinking too far ahead. If the next round of gun control is over the top and infringing upon our rights we can fight that battle then. Right now we have a problem of crazies and criminals getting guns vended to them by lawful gun owners. 90% agreement across the country. The fact that people put their political careers above the safety of their citizens and the memory of victims is disgusting.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby brinstar » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:22 pm

josh stop bringing up cigarettes and high capacity magazines, you fucking pussy

if you're not giving a valid non-tinfoil-hat-wearing reason for being one of the 9% of Americans who disagrees with universal background checks, you're just white fucking noise

like always, i guess
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Next

Return to Current Affairs