Postby brinstar » Mon May 13, 2013 7:42 am

BUT 68% IS LESS THAN THREE FOURTHS HEE HAW HEE HAW HEE HAW
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Re: congress is pussies

Postby Arlos » Thu May 16, 2013 1:00 pm

Should this weapon be legal for civilians? It gives complete novices the ability to make sniper head shots from 500 yards away. Yes/no & discuss:

http://www.npr.org/blogs/alltechconside ... le-on-sale

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Drem » Thu May 16, 2013 1:53 pm

Wow, absolutely not
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Menelvir » Thu May 16, 2013 8:25 pm

Should this weapon be legal for civilians?

No, because I don't see any legitimate use for it in the hands of the general civilian population, and also (as the article mentions) because it allows a much higher probability of being able to shoot from a long distance, consistently, with impunity - with the advantage that you don't have to have trained as a sniper for 10 years to achieve similar results.

The article mentions that it takes years to develop the skill to shoot semi-accurately at extreme distances (500+ yds).

For a target shooter or hunter, this system effectively removes shooter error from the equation - where's the sport in that?
"People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost." - The Dalai Lama
Menelvir
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Drem » Fri May 17, 2013 1:00 am

It's like vending machines that make espresso or pizza. They're for lazy people and faggots. Such a terrible invention
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Lyion » Fri May 17, 2013 5:18 am

Menelvir wrote:
Should this weapon be legal for civilians?

For a target shooter or hunter, this system effectively removes shooter error from the equation - where's the sport in that?

High caliber handguns are not exactly sporting equipment, either.

Think of how much safer your neighborhood would be when the zombies come if you had one of these smart rifles!

Drem, what Vending machines make Pizza? That's new to me.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Harrison » Fri May 17, 2013 7:56 am

It's not about necessity to make something legal or not. It never was and never should be.

If it were about necessity then you would also be all for prohibition of all drugs not for medical use, and we all know none of you are.

Necessity doesn't mean shit.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Harrison » Fri May 17, 2013 9:28 am

You don't need a car that can go over 80mph, let's start hard limiting engines on everything. It will save lives.

You don't need cigarettes or alcohol. Let's start making them illegal to possess or create. It will save lives.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Lyion » Fri May 17, 2013 9:57 am

Harrison wrote:It's not about necessity to make something legal or not. It never was and never should be.

If it were about necessity then you would also be all for prohibition of all drugs not for medical use, and we all know none of you are.

Necessity doesn't mean shit.

I personally take the stance that most things should be legal, but there needs to be more responsibility, both legal and social via the parties. Legalize drugs. but tax the holy crap out of them. Being stoned in public or otherwise self medicated should simply be similar to being drunk in public. Kill someone while high then you get charged with murder. If your products kill people, then you should be able to be sued.

The problem I have with guns isn't with freedom, it's with culture. I dislike taking things away and tend to be libertarian with my desire for the government to get out of the way as much as possible. That said, we have hordes of people who lack the basic skills to balance their checkbooks, yet they reproduce and have firearms sitting on their nightstand where their 4 year old runs in every morning. Likewise, we have young adults with gangsta hero worship who have to represent with their glock for safety. A moment of anger with a handgun and two lives can be ruined, generally for no valid reason. I think a Spazz in Zombieland should be entitled to own a gun.I think the average kid in suburban America and even some who think they live in the hood, should be encouraged not to for the reasons I've stated above. I walked near the VFW part of Pomona to work every day in a much nastier time and never needed a gun.

I think libertarian or liberal, While I don't agree that the ends justifies the means and it shouldn't always be about the big picture, but sometimes it needs to be about doing the right thing.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Spazz » Fri May 17, 2013 3:18 pm

I dont like the idea of a gun that fires for you but I have no problems with people owning it. Lot of you need to stop being afraid that your neighbors are going to murder you and just you god damned lives. Should we ban black powder pressure cookers and nails too ?
WHITE TRASH METAL SLUMMER
Why Immortal technique?
Perhaps its because I am afraid and he gives me courage.
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby brinstar » Sat May 18, 2013 1:08 am

Harrison wrote:car

hahahaha
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Harrison » Sat May 18, 2013 6:25 am

You're really a raging troglodyte when it comes down to it.

I can picture you mashing your fists on the keyboard every time someone disagrees with you on the internet while grunting furiously.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Drem » Sat May 18, 2013 7:22 am

Wow you really pick and choose when to comment, don't you? Someone as retarded as you are doesn't have much room here. You still haven't read the article you linked and you conveniently backed out once i backed up my claims. You're a fuckin douche. Until you remedy that, don't expect anyone to take you seriously when you compare something practical, like a car, to a penis extension, like a gun

You are a joke. And so miserable about it, too. The best part of that description is that that's what you actually do. You can't even have rational dialogue with people anymore because your head's so fucking far up your own ass that obviously any other opinion but yours is just someone "raging". Troglodyte now, too. You're really steppin your game up
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Harrison » Sat May 18, 2013 9:13 am

Lol rage more kid, rage more.

People like you are so far beneath me it's laughable to imagine your face turning red and pounding those keys in to respond.

When the gun thread first popped up (the one before this one) it was all a controlled debate until Ragestar just flipped his shit on the very first page I believe and started drooling on his keyboard in a caveman like stupor, wishing that my kid found my rifle and killed himself or some shit (the thread is still there for you to go back on and read)

Retard fired the first shot. I'm just fighting back against idiots who are cool with laying down their rights.

YOU HAVE A DIFFERENT OPINION THAN I DO?! I HOPE YOUR SON KILLS HIMSELF HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Yeah, he's not off his rocker at all. Totally a balanced individual whose opinion you should hold in high regard. :ugh:
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Jay » Sat May 18, 2013 9:49 am

Drem wrote:It's like vending machines that make espresso or pizza. They're for lazy people and faggots. Such a terrible invention

I basically stopped giving a shit about this thread until Drem mentioned a pizza making vending machine. Where the fuck is this?!
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby brinstar » Sat May 18, 2013 10:34 am

Harrison wrote:People like you are so far beneath me

by what standard do you measure this altitude, exactly? and can you possibly begin to realize how empty this sounds?

come on, it's time to give the internet toughguy act a rest, dude. no one gives a fuck, and covering up your lack of an actual argument with bluster isn't fooling anyone. hell, even the one guy who agrees with your infantile gun worship thinks you're a fucking douche, how sad is that? i will happily admit the NT is not quite a parliament of profundity or a cloister of critical thinking, but you swaggering your way in here expecting to be taken seriously is like batting .280 in little league and wondering why the yankees haven't signed you yet. and if you're trying to prove resilience or consistency, fine - you're resilient and you're consistently a disabled fuckwad. congratulations, shut the fuck up, kill yourself.
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Harrison » Sat May 18, 2013 10:47 am

Your inability to type without raging out is seriously hilarious at this point.

The popularity of your opinion doesn't make it valid.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby brinstar » Sat May 18, 2013 11:10 am

you're really at peace with being a one-trick pony huh

good for you lil guy
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Drem » Sat May 18, 2013 3:10 pm

Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Arlos » Sat May 18, 2013 3:41 pm

If they install those vending machines in college dorms, they are going to make near infinite sums of money.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Menelvir » Sun May 19, 2013 1:11 pm

I've seen nothing to change my view on whether this weapon has any legitimate purpose being on the open market.

The question isn't whether or not other (potentially dangerous) things have a purpose being on the market, it's whether this particular weapon does.

There are several reasons why I think it should not, and I've seen no persuasive reasons why it should. The fact that there are other dangerous things out there (which may [or may NOT] have other legitimate and beneficial uses) is not an effective argument as to why this weapon should also be on the market.

'Cigarettes and drugs and cars kill people' in the context of whether or not a particular weapon should be publicly available to the general population is low-hanging fruit dangling from the biggest straw man tree in the forest.
"People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost." - The Dalai Lama
Menelvir
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby brinstar » Sun May 19, 2013 2:30 pm

yep the car argument is absolutely ridiculous

i would be overjoyed if we regulated firearms the way we regulate cars - yearly registration, mandatory insurance, etc
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Harrison » Sun May 19, 2013 3:30 pm

Hurr the argument that is apples to apples is totally ridiculous

HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRr

You did the same thing with alcohol?! ME RAGE LIKE CAVEMAN ROAR ME HOPE YOUR KID KILLS SELF HURRRR
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby brinstar » Sun May 19, 2013 4:47 pm

first of all, you sad moron, if you're going to get sand in your vagina about something i posted in another thread do yourself a favor and take the time to read it correctly first. here, i dug it up for you, which makes me happy because that means i get to post it again:

brinstar wrote:good, build an ar15

i hope harrison jr finds it and puts one through the howling vacuum you call a skull

that's YOUR skull, moron - there's still hope for your little preemie runt

anyway you clearly no longer have any idea what the fuck you're talking about, much less what the fuck I'M talking about - it's pretty obvious you just see my name and charge like a nutclamped bull at a matador. here's an idea, let's start fresh from the top: in exactly five sentences, please explain the argument you think i am making. i guarantee you don't get it right.
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Lyion » Mon May 20, 2013 7:04 am

The only interesting part of this thread is the Pizza Vending machines.

That's wild. I've never seen or heard of that before this post. I'd invest in those, definitely. Where's Gaazy, we need some capital!
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

PreviousNext

Return to Current Affairs