GOP state senator endorses torture

Real Life Events.

Go off topic and I will break you!

Moderator: Dictators in Training

GOP state senator endorses torture

Postby Arlos » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:06 pm

I see the GOP has continued their trend of being unable to avoid completely putting their foot in their mouth. Here we have a GOP State Senator from New York literally saying he supports the use of torture. In this case, against an American citizen who committed a domestic crime on American soil.

http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_t2#/vi ... g-ball.cnn

I really don't know what to say about this. How have we come to such a place in this country, that a fairly high ranking member (state senator of a 1st tier state like New York is not a trivial position) of a major political party actually literally endorses torture? Isn't this country supposed to stand for something? Does the Constitution not matter to these people? Aren't we supposed to have ideals?

I find that I am not even angry about this, just horribly, horribly despondent.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Re: GOP state senator endorses torture

Postby Zanchief » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:13 pm

Arlos, you're such a pussy sometimes. I guess you just want superman to come and save you.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Arlos » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:15 pm

Naw, the GOP would want to kick Superman out these days. I mean, 1) he's an illegal alien (literally), and 2) He always claimed to support "Justice and the 'American Way'". Can't have a public figure supporting THOSE outdated old values any more, apparently!

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Reynaldo » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:37 pm

On the flip side, I find it sad that anyone would be against torturing someone who deliberately planned and followed through to maim and kill innocents.

Once you do stuff like that, you forfeit any and all rights, period.
Reynaldo
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby brinstar » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:57 pm

cooking off two bombs at a marathon, killing three = OMG TERRORISM

dodging safety inspections at a fertilizer plant for 30 years until it explodes, killing over a dozen = whatever, capitalism

and fuck anyone who would deny any american citizen the full rights guaranteed by the constitution for any reason

if you're gonna start picking and choosing when the constitution applies, why fucking have one at all

idiots
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Spazz » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:26 pm

and fuck anyone who would deny any american citizen the full rights guaranteed by the constitution for any reason

if you're gonna start picking and choosing when the constitution applies, why fucking have one at all

idiots

Go ahead and read that a few times arlos.
WHITE TRASH METAL SLUMMER
Why Immortal technique?
Perhaps its because I am afraid and he gives me courage.
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby brinstar » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:11 pm

i see what you're getting at but do realize there's a difference between regulating rights and denying them
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Spazz » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:28 pm

Yea but its a real fine line. To me supporting bans on certain kinds of fire arms mag restrictions etc is the same as endorsing torture. SUre you cant yell fire in a theater but you also cant own a gun if your a felon thats a bit of regulation but not much infringement. If you think that banning guns cuz of something some loon did is a good plan isnt that kind of the same as calling for any other rights to be stripped again because of something some nut did?

Thats how I see it anyway.

We are either fucking free or we arent. What crazy people do should be irrelevant. Far as I see it people like arlos want to pick and chose what parts of the constitution they like so to whine about some other abridgement makes him a hippocritisizer and full of shit
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Arlos » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:44 pm

Since when did I want to take away all your guns, and deny you 2nd amendment rights? I may think the gun culture is utterly moronic, but there's nothing unconstitutional about being a raving moron. Otherwise, the GOP wouldn't exist. But I digress.

If you see regulating magazines that have over 10 rounds of ammunition in them as absolutely equivalent to the torture, and I repeat: TORTURE of an American Citizen that has as yet been convicted of no crime in a court of law, then I simply don't know what to say. To hold those as even REMOTELY equivalent is utterly baffling to me. I simply cannot begin to comprehend the thought process occurring there. A law requiring a situation where you need to reload more often is the same as allowing the abuse, mistreatment, and the infliction of severe pain and permanent bodily harm on a fellow human being who also just happens to be an American citizen? ARE YOU FUCKING SHITTING ME? Fucking A, you just pole-vaulted past ANYTHING Mindia ever said into the batshit crazy zone.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby brinstar » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:51 pm

goddamnit every thread is not a gun thread

get that shit out of here
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Harrison » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:16 pm

Once you admit to murder and maiming, especially children, you forfeit your rights in my eyes. (and most people with a brain)

I don't give a shit about rapists, child molesters, and murderers. If you want to protect them, go for it. I won't bat an eyelash if they skin him alive and roll him in salt.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby brinstar » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:26 pm

Harrison wrote:Once you admit to murder and maiming, especially children, you forfeit your rights in my eyes. (and most people with a brain)

I don't give a shit about rapists, child molesters, and murderers. If you want to protect them, go for it. I won't bat an eyelash if they skin him alive and roll him in salt.

fuckin hypocrite
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Harrison » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:39 pm

Yeah, totally a hypocrite. I don't endorse protecting people who admit they just murdered children.

I'm boohooing for the kid, I really am. :nuts:
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Arlos » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:58 pm

Does the term, "Inalienable Rights" mean anything to you?

That is the ENTIRE POINT of the United States. We are a nation of laws, which apply equally to all citizens. Just like the 1st amendment protects the speech of Thoreau and the KKK equally, our system of justice apply to you, me, and monsters like Jeffrey Dahmer equally. To abrogate that is to lose the greatness of America.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Spazz » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:07 pm

See arlos you want to stop mad men by making them reload. This senator wants to stop mad men by making sure they arent hiding anything. Both of you are fucking retarded for wanting to shred the constitution over mad mens whims.

Sorry brinstar arlos leaves himself open with his constant shit spewing. Hes just like the turd that wants to torture the shithead from boston. He wants to pick and chose the parts of freedom that he likes and scrap the rest. Sorry dude we dont need to be giving up ANY rights to the government. Guns, rule of law and due process , freedom of speech and religion ... thats freedom arlos and I dont think it should be fucked with at all.

You dont seem to get it.No matter what the issue I am not really for less personal freedom ever. I think the first second and 4th amendments are all fuckin awesome and i find it alarming how many people on all sides want to go after one of them in some way. I dont think the world needs to be nerfed and I dont think we should base policy off what the turds do. If we have to change how we live because of some asshole than we all lose.

Scumbags of the world should not get the power to control how the rest of us live. EVER. Its not bad enough that they do what they do but then we all have to be punished for it. FUck that.
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Spazz » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:10 pm

Does the term, "Inalienable Rights" mean anything to you?

That is the ENTIRE POINT of the United States. We are a nation of laws, which apply equally to all citizens. Just like the 1st amendment protects the speech of Thoreau and the KKK equally, our system of justice apply to you, me, and monsters like Jeffrey Dahmer equally. To abrogate that is to lose the greatness of America

Yea but you dont believe that . You think that on one hand rule of law should be followed when it comes to freedom of speech or dont torture but when it comes to the right to bear arms your like fuck that one I dont like that one. If it stops one bad guy than we have to shred the constitution for the kids.

Your hypocrisy is infuriating

Lets just leave it at this. Your fulla shit. We arent going to agree, lets see if anyone else wants to talk about torture guy and save each other the time of going at it all night.
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby brinstar » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:21 pm

Harrison wrote:Yeah, totally a hypocrite. I don't endorse protecting people who admit they just murdered children.

i dare you to be a bigger caricature of undereducated no-class belligerent white trash because i doubt it's even possible
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Spazz » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:31 pm

Harrison does not speak for the white trash community. Please do not associate him with us.
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby brinstar » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:38 pm

hahaha
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Jay » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:22 pm

Spazz wrote:Harrison does not speak for the white trash community. Please do not associate him with us.

I fuckin lol'd
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Spazz » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:52 pm

Back on the issue. We all know hes guilty and none of us give 2 fucks about him at all im sure but you cant make laws like that. We have tortured innocent people over the last 10 years and what about them ? Its also been proven time and time again that it gives sketchy results and its just really wrong on a moral level. Were sposed to be above that kind of shit. When republicans claim to be the party of god they arent kidding they sure are a blood thirsty lot just like him.
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Harrison » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:50 am

Super hippies getting angry that I don't care if a psychopath gets tortured to death for murdering children. :rofl:
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Zanchief » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:38 am

Its easy to protect peoples rights when they're innocent, good people. It's harder when they're dirt bags. With all things in life, you're unable to do the hard things, Harri.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Harrison » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:04 am

Protecting murderers...cute.

I'm sure if your kid had been murdered you'd be just itching to feed him three meals a day with a cushy bed and a roof over his head.

But, it's not your kid, so you can use a false sense of morality to claim superiority. I'm not falling for it.

An admitted murderers rights :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Lyion » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:16 am

brinstar wrote:
Harrison wrote:Yeah, totally a hypocrite. I don't endorse protecting people who admit they just murdered children.

i dare you to be a bigger caricature of undereducated no-class belligerent white trash because i doubt it's even possible

Pot. Kettle. It's tough to try to represent intelligence when one does not extend the courtesy of that said class, you know.

This thread would be so much better if it weren't akin to any MSNBC show, with simple Ad Hominem attacks on a random GOP member from that bastion of conservatism: New York. Anyways, I thought rights and freedoms were less important than 'the greater good'. You know, more taxes, mandated health care plans, forced immunizations, gun free zones, government redistribution, and ensuring Kermit Gosnell could keep killing live babies for as long as possible, and after being caught could be completely ignored by most of the news media.

Sadly, the Boston bomber story make me less sad then the fact Gosnell is getting almost zero playtime despite being a modern day Goebbels.

I completely reject the argument that Gosnell, the bombers, or any other Citizen on American soil should lose any rights, ever, for any reason, even if they nuked a city. The day we walk away from our constitution is the day we lose what makes us America.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Next

Return to Current Affairs