GOP state senator endorses torture

Real Life Events.

Go off topic and I will break you!

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Re: GOP state senator endorses torture

Postby Zanchief » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:20 am

Harrison wrote:Protecting murderers...cute.

I'm sure if your kid had been murdered you'd be just itching to feed him three meals a day with a cushy bed and a roof over his head.

But, it's not your kid, so you can use a false sense of morality to claim superiority. I'm not falling for it.

An admitted murderers rights :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Told you.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Zanchief » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:22 am

Lyion wrote:forced immunizations

Is someone actually doing this? What an excellent idea! I've been saying it for a while. Being a moronic drain on society is not a constitutional right. Immunizations for all!

God I love the government. Doing whats right in the face of stupidity.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Menelvir » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:31 pm

Apparently, he's got quite the opinion of his own talents with a baseball bat.

I guess I'm calling dibs on him now if we have an intrastate softball pickup game.

As far as his political talents, I didn't see anything special. Typical bluster and re-direction, I'm sure some folks eat it right up.
"People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost." - The Dalai Lama
Menelvir
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Jay » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:33 pm

I'm sure if your kid had been murdered you'd be just itching to feed him three meals a day with a cushy bed and a roof over his head.

But, it's not your kid, so you can use a false sense of morality to claim superiority. I'm not falling for it.

Being civilized and recognizing the rights of someone admittedly guilty of something heinous is less for them and more for us. If we ignore the rights of another human being because of how we feel about them and allow ourselves to treat them in a way based on our impulses, we're no better.

If this guy killed my kid, I'd lose my mind and beat him to death on the spot like a savage. Not much different from the justice he saw in placing bombs amidst a marathon full of innocent people. Doesn't make it the right thing to do and if someone stopped me I would thank em later.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Tikker » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:20 pm

Last edited by Tikker on Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Harrison » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:07 pm

BUT BUT HIS RIGHTS
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby brinstar » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:40 pm

Lyion wrote:Pot. Kettle. It's tough to try to represent intelligence when one does not extend the courtesy of that said class, you know.

This thread would be so much better if it weren't akin to any MSNBC show, with simple Ad Hominem attacks on a random GOP member from that bastion of conservatism: New York. Anyways, I thought rights and freedoms were less important than 'the greater good'. You know, more taxes, mandated health care plans, forced immunizations, gun free zones, government redistribution, and ensuring Kermit Gosnell could keep killing live babies for as long as possible, and after being caught could be completely ignored by most of the news media.

Sadly, the Boston bomber story make me less sad then the fact Gosnell is getting almost zero playtime despite being a modern day Goebbels.

I completely reject the argument that Gosnell, the bombers, or any other Citizen on American soil should lose any rights, ever, for any reason, even if they nuked a city. The day we walk away from our constitution is the day we lose what makes us America.

first 80% of that post:

zzzzzzzz lyion butthurt zzzzzzzzzzwait, did you really just equate taxes with due process and habeas corpus? fuckin' lol

final 20% of that post:

okay good, i'm glad we agree

people far smarter than you decided a long time ago that everyone was guaranteed a right to a trial, and people far smarter than you on this board agree. it's not about protecting murderers, it's about making sure every citizen having access to the same rights. obviously i hope he's convicted, but until then he should be afforded the same rights as anyone else simply because this is a nation built on the rule of law. fortunately, crass lumps of shite like you aren't going to change that anytime soon.

you know, usually i feel sorry for you. you've obviously had a shitty life, so i don't think it's entirely your fault that you managed to cobble together the critical thinking skills of a goat - but then sometimes i think you enjoy being dense
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Harrison » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:22 pm

Hey guys, a super hippie is still raging that I don't give a shit about the "rights" of an attempted mass murdering terrorist who admits that he did it, and succeeded in murdering a child.

I'm still smarter than you and far less butthurt.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Trielelvan » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:29 pm

Harrison wrote:Hey guys, a super hippie is still raging that I don't give a shit about the "rights" of an attempted mass murdering terrorist who admits that he did it, and succeeded in murdering a child.

I'm still smarter than you and far less butthurt.

See, this is why no one can take you seriously.

You sound like Chuckles the Retarded Rage Baby™ stuck on repeat, and you're so sure about your perspective that you can't possibly in any way be misguided.

You're looking at this from the wrong perspective (which right now is no further than the end of your nose).

What if the bomber was YOUR kid? Consider this for a moment - you have absolutely no idea whatsoever what is going to happen in 20 years. None of us do. Anything can happen to shape the lives of us and our children, including yours, no matter what you think you know right now.

Wouldn't you, despite what happened, want to give your kid every possible chance of proving his innocence if he didn't do what he's being accused of? Even if he's admitted to doing it, that it's possible the only reason he's admitting anything is because he's protecting something or someone else?

Would you not want the truth before every lynch mob in the country is not only screaming for his blood, but tries to come take it?

If he actually did do this beyond the shadow of a doubt, then by all means, he deserves general population in the worst possible prison with a tattoo on his forehead that says "I rape children," but he, just like any citizen of this country, is deserving of the right to stand before a judge to make his case before he's convicted.

Habeas Corpus is one of the most important rights of freedom we possess in this country.
You want to knock down anyone who would infringe on your 2nd amendment rights to firearms, but you would deny one of the cornerstones of that same freedom because you're angry?

Hypocrite much? You completely and utterly give yourself no ground to stand on... and somehow, you don't see this.
That's far from being "smart."
HyPhY GhEtTo MaMi wrote:GeT ofF mAh OvaRiEz
Trielelvan
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Harrison » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:33 pm

Prove his innocence? He admitted to it.

You're writing tl;dr novels over an admitted terrorist who killed a child intentionally with bombs.

It's black and white. There is no gray area here.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Trielelvan » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:04 pm

Dude... seriously... either your reading comprehension failed, or you're still just refusing to take off the hatred-filled blinders.

That, in no way whatsoever, changes the fact that he still deserves a trial, nor does it change my argument.

It doesn't matter how furious you are at him. Wasn't that the previous argument?
You don't get to pick and choose which rights fit your current temperament.
Trielelvan
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Trielelvan » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:45 pm

brinstar wrote:people far smarter than you decided a long time ago that everyone was guaranteed a right to a trial, and people far smarter than you on this board agree. it's not about protecting murderers, it's about making sure every citizen having access to the same rights.

Student wrongly tied to Boston bombings found dead

I'm just going to leave this here *sigh*
Trielelvan
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Tikker » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:16 pm

Last edited by Tikker on Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Trielelvan » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:02 pm

*sigh* jeezuz krist :banghead:
Way to completely miss the point.

Not that part, genius. This part:
After the April 15 bombings of the Boston Marathon, crowdsourcing groups drawing upon photos released by the FBI of a suspect erroneously reported via Reddit, a social news website, that the person in a baseball cap strongly resembled the missing student.

At one point, Tripathi's name landed on the Twitter top trends list.

"The last eighteen hours have generated tremendous and painful attention -- on social media platforms Facebook, Twitter, and Reddit, as well as from television media inquiries -- linking Sunil to the video stills released by the FBI yesterday afternoon," said Akhil Tripathi, Sunil's father, in a family statement last week, WPVI-TV reported.

"Unequivocally, we have known that neither individual suspected as responsible for the incident in Boston was Sunil," the statement said.

On Monday, Reddit general manager Erik Martin apologized for the "dangerous speculation" that "spiraled into very negative consequences for innocent parties."

In a blog post, he specifically apologized to the Tripathi family "for the pain they have had to endure."

I linked this because of what happened when he was wrongly accused, and the kind of shit his family needlessly had to endure because of the SAME type of blind, misdirected hatred and anger that arose because of it, and, more pointedly, what if he had been home or at school when the accusations went live? Tempers were flaring so badly that some stupid tried to link a completely innocent kid to the bombings, and what would have happened had he been home or at school when the accusations went live?
My point here is that a LOT of those tweets and FB posts regarding this guy were out for blood and this poor kid's head - very, very ugly stuff without a single shred of proof that he had done anything. God only knows what some crazed maniac might have done to him had he seen him on campus or knew where he lived.
How quickly could that whole situation have devolved into something horrible?

Harri said I was talking tl;dr novels.
It's not novels. This is real life. Human beings jump on hate bandwagons faster than you can say "Amen."

Also, fuck off Tik. I read fine, and I didn't chide anyone by linking that. I linked it to make a point.
Trielelvan
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Harrison » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:21 pm

What does this have to do with someone who admitted to killing people?

Absolutely nothing. Apples and oranges.

But hey, let's waste effort defending psychopaths who admit to horrific acts of terrorism that result in the death of children.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby brinstar » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:57 am

Harrison wrote:It's black and white. There is no gray area here.

it IS black and white, that's what we've been saying the whole time. as a US citizen, he is guaranteed a trial in a court of law. black and white.

(or ink and parchment, since we're talking about the actual constitution)

how are you not getting this
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Arlos » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:38 am

Also as an American Citizen, he is protected by the 8th Amendment, which bans "Cruel and unusual punishment," which specifically includes torture.

Weren't we just having a discussion where you were adamant about keeping constitutional rights inviolate and unmodified? Hypocritical much?

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tikker » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:34 pm

Last edited by Tikker on Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Trielelvan » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:17 pm

Tikker wrote:as long as the point you're making is that you're stupid, we agree

Yes, we agree. You're stupid.
Trielelvan
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Tikker » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:25 pm

Last edited by Tikker on Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby brinstar » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:45 pm

Tikker wrote:you're the retard that linked an article whose title made it appear that the dude falsely accused had gotten lynched

dude was already dead a month before the bombings

then blame the person who wrote the title, not triel

besides, nobody KNEW he was dead before the bombings, just that he was missing. don't be dense

the point of the (yes, poorly-titled) article was pretty much exactly what you said re: mob mentality. missing brown kid + suddenly terrorism + people scared of shadows = OMG AL-QAEDA
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Gaazy » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:01 pm

fuck the godamn prick. Couldnt care less if they rip out his fingernails and toenails and waterboard him for the rest of his life. Itll be justice for what he did to that little kid. So fuck em.
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Tikker » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:40 pm

Last edited by Tikker on Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby brinstar » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:31 am

man the title she wrote IS the title of the article :dunno:
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Previous

Return to Current Affairs