Musings on the Oklahoma tornado

Real Life Events.

Go off topic and I will break you!

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Musings on the Oklahoma tornado

Postby Arlos » Wed May 22, 2013 4:09 pm

First, obviously is a horrible tragedy for those there. Gotta feel for those there that lost everything, and even more so for people who lost children when they were supposedly safe at school. Why every school in tornado alley isn't fitted with an emergency storm shelter, though, I have no idea. Hopefully, the people there get the help they need and are able to rebuild their lives quickly, as much as possible anyway.

That said, I had two other thoughts

1) I am going to be laughing my ass off at the hypocrisy and logical backpedaling about to be exhibited by Coburn, Inhofe and most of the rest of the Oklahoma congressional delegation who railed against federal disaster money when they voted against the money for Hurricane Sandy victims. I mean, if they are so against it for other places, they must not want it for their own state, right?

2) I am also wondering where the thundering condemnation at the obvious sinful lifestyles of those Oklahoma residents that drew God's wrath down on them from the right-wing nutjobs. I mean, Pat Robertson, Michelle Bachmann and their ilk were quick to claim that was the reason for Katrina, Irene, etc, right? Where are they now about THIS disaster? Where are the Westboro folks saying they will be picketing these funerals because the tornado was obviously God's punishment for the US accepting gays?

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Re: Musings on the Oklahoma tornado

Postby Harrison » Wed May 22, 2013 4:42 pm

I donated to Team Rubicon's response team that en route to OK already.

(They even called me to say thanks, was different. The only charity I've ever donated to that responded personally.)
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Trielelvan » Wed May 22, 2013 6:29 pm

Arlos wrote:2) I am also wondering where the thundering condemnation at the obvious sinful lifestyles of those Oklahoma residents that drew God's wrath down on them from the right-wing nutjobs. I mean, Pat Robertson, Michelle Bachmann and their ilk were quick to claim that was the reason for Katrina, Irene, etc, right? Where are they now about THIS disaster? Where are the Westboro folks saying they will be picketing these funerals because the tornado was obviously God's punishment for the US accepting gays?

Not quite gotten to the "overwhelming godlessness of our country" and "faggot lovers" stage yet. We're still in the government conspiracy weather weapon stage:

You know, in 2nd grade, I asked my teacher, "What good is covering my head if the tornado sucks up the building?"
She looked stunned, then told me to shut up and keep my head down.
Guess she didn't know the answer either. You'd think they'd have this figured out by now :eyecrazy:
HyPhY GhEtTo MaMi wrote:GeT ofF mAh OvaRiEz
Trielelvan
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby brinstar » Wed May 22, 2013 8:14 pm

1) coburn and inhofe can go fuck themselves, not least because inhofe said aid for OK will be "totally different" than "wasteful" aid for superstorm sandy which he said was supposed to be only for NJ, rather than DC, NY, or any of the other 20+ states affected (because massive storm systems and accompanying ocean surges only affect one state at a time, y'know) - nevermind that they called the concept of disaster aid "unconscionable"

2) westboro already blamed jason collins :dunno:

gee sure glad we're enacting massive cuts to agencies like the National Weather Service and NOAA, that'll make us safer when increasingly severe weather hits

literally every republican (and most democrats) can eat shit and die
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Menelvir » Wed May 22, 2013 9:26 pm

I'd heard (and I've no idea of its truth) that some children were in the basements at their school and were safe from the tornado's direct effects, yet became trapped by debris and drowned when water filled the basement due to a broken main.

It's too early for me to think of placing blame in these incidents... It just makes me sad to think about it.
"People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost." - The Dalai Lama
Menelvir
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby brinstar » Thu May 23, 2013 1:51 am

Menelvir wrote:I'd heard (and I've no idea of its truth) that some children were in the basements at their school and were safe from the tornado's direct effects, yet became trapped by debris and drowned when water filled the basement due to a broken main.

It's too early for me to think of placing blame in these incidents... It just makes me sad to think about it.

oh that's just the fucking worst thing i can think of :cry:
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Drem » Thu May 23, 2013 4:26 am

God damn it. So depressed now. Thanks Menelvir
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby leah » Thu May 23, 2013 7:12 am

apparently it wasn't drowning but asphyxiation because the space they were sheltered in ran out of air. ;\

the whole thing is just fucking terrible. so many homes destroyed, people's lives lost (though the fact that it's only 24 is pretty miraculous), and even pets displaced or dead. i hate this whole situation.

on a lighter note, did anyone catch the interview with that old lady whose dog started digging his way out of the rubble while she was being interviewed live? i bawled.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby leah » Thu May 23, 2013 7:13 am

also: http://www.webpronews.com/naturally-the ... ms-2013-05

fuck those horrible people. i hope they all spontaneously burst into flames.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Harrison » Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

I really don't understand how someone hasn't just assassinated those people yet.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Arlos » Fri May 24, 2013 2:48 pm

They were planning on protesting at the funeral of the Slayer guitarist who died. Dunno if they went through with it or not. Probably not, as their odds in a confrontation between a small group of pasty religious nuts and an army of Slayer fans would seem to be rather low...

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Harrison » Fri May 24, 2013 2:48 pm

They didn't show.

I was really hoping they would have, and got murdered.

Metal Injection's Facebook wrote:If you weren't able to attend Slayer band guitarist Jeff Hanneman's memorial yesterday in LA, here is our recap with photos and video: http://www.metalinjection.net/?p=35155

Also, in case you were wondering, Westboro Baptist Church did not show up…probably for the best

Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby brinstar » Fri May 24, 2013 5:08 pm

Harrison wrote:Image

lol, that photo

you can practically smell the BO through the internet
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Gaazy » Thu May 30, 2013 12:29 pm

the fags did it!
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby leah » Thu May 30, 2013 4:08 pm

Gaazy wrote:the fags did it!

they always do.

in other news, josh's hometown was hit by a small tornado this week. no major injuries but lots of damage to the town. weather is getting so extreme these days.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Arlos » Thu May 30, 2013 8:56 pm

leah wrote:
Gaazy wrote:the fags did it!

they always do.

in other news, josh's hometown was hit by a small tornado this week. no major injuries but lots of damage to the town. weather is getting so extreme these days.

Now now, you know that's just a myth made up by leftist commie freedom haters who want to destroy America...

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Return to Current Affairs