The N Word

Real Life Events.

Go off topic and I will break you!

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Re: The N Word

Postby Jay » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:19 am

Drem wrote:I'm white, but god damn, you are like fresh powder on the mountain.

ROFL
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Trielelvan » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:24 am

Clakar, I'd like to point out that if you read the entire interview, you'd see that "the N word" was the least of the issues.
When it came to talk of scores of black men dressed in true plantation-slave form, complete with white suits and bow ties tap dancing for a wedding... I think that speaks more loudly of her blindness than anything.

I know this is a hard thing to grasp the 360 on because it's a different world for you, just as I've explained to my snowwhite husband countless times. Being married to me, he's exposed to it firsthand now, and he doesn't get how I can be so calm about it.
It's not running away, and it's not being scared. It's dealing with unreasonable people in the most rational way possible, and believe me when I tell you my hapa howli mexican-looking ass has never been scared of confronting racism. It's all in how you confront it, and sometimes that means you keep to yourself.
HyPhY GhEtTo MaMi wrote:GeT ofF mAh OvaRiEz
Trielelvan
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby ClakarEQ » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:00 am

I wrote that because IMO it is the cliff notes of what Jackson was saying and what Mahr was getting at and what I wasn't able to get from say that Professor. I can't take Jackson fully to heart because he has his own perspectives I don't agree with, he himself I would say is a bit of a racist.

If I were to say "white folks that vote against affirmative action don't recognize the level at which the white race held everyone else down...", in my mind is absolutely the same thing I said on my initial post. But I suppose Jay would say well cuz your white that isn't racist, it's only racist when you ask or speak against your own. Sorry but that is BS. Me calling him a racist name does not make me a racist. Me saying whites are better than blacks, or asians are better than whites, and actually mean it, yeah THAT is racist.

Drem, being "ghost white" still doesn't make me a racist, although damn that was good /laugh.

Jay is inventing something he wants to find, not something that is true, I assume because he was subjected to it so now feels required to find these false implications. He is a habitual offender at this, not to pick on Drem but I’d say he runs a real close second. They both tend to play the race card more than I recall anyone else here. It reinforces my opinion of where one wants to find hate where it doesn't exist. Cause angst not resolve it, if that makes sense. Perhaps he is just utra-sensitive about it, I could see that, but “that” isn’t my problem and I won’t filter what I write to overcome his issues.

I didn't look at anything I've written as being unreasonable though either. It does happen to be "current" news at the moment.
ClakarEQ
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Tossica » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:06 am

Drem wrote:You're so white you thought the Coen brothers were brothers.

Uhm... they are brothers.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Tossica » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:08 am

Tangent. They're from the city I live in. Went to high school about 10 blocks from here.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Ganzo » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:25 am

Clakar,

It's just one of those things you can't really explain. As a minority I can tell you that if another Jew tells me a "Jewish joke" I'll laugh at it, but if someone non-Jewish tells me the same joke it just sounds completely different and offensive to me. I understand that logically it makes no sense, that that person is not really anti-Semitic or trying to offend me; but it just instantly sounds as an attack on the subconscious level. I'm fairly certain that it is the same thing with the "N-Word", you can's try to rationalize it, just take it as it is.

As far as that woman goes, she's an idiot. I heard them playing the part of her show on the radio, where she was telling one of the black crewmen on the show to move away from the front of the backboard because he was invisible standing there. That shit is as racist as you can get.
גם זה יעבור

Narrock wrote:Yup, I ... was just trolling.

Narrock wrote:I wikipedia'd everything first.
Ganzo
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Spazz » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:46 am

Its MAher Bill Maher your drivin me crazy claker.

White people run everything to hear them talk about facing systemic racism is laughable at best and really fucking ignorant at worst.

Being Ghost white doesnt in and of itself make you a racist but it does seem to make you blind to the things others face.
WHITE TRASH METAL SLUMMER
Why Immortal technique?
Perhaps its because I am afraid and he gives me courage.
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Drem » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:30 pm

Tossica wrote:

whoosh
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Tossica » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:51 pm

Drem wrote:
Tossica wrote:

whoosh

Oh, like negro "brothers" Yuck yuck.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Jay » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:18 pm

ClakarEQ wrote:I wrote that because IMO it is the cliff notes of what Jackson was saying and what Mahr was getting at and what I wasn't able to get from say that Professor. I can't take Jackson fully to heart because he has his own perspectives I don't agree with, he himself I would say is a bit of a racist.

If I were to say "white folks that vote against affirmative action don't recognize the level at which the white race held everyone else down...", in my mind is absolutely the same thing I said on my initial post. But I suppose Jay would say well cuz your white that isn't racist, it's only racist when you ask or speak against your own. Sorry but that is BS. Me calling him a racist name does not make me a racist. Me saying whites are better than blacks, or asians are better than whites, and actually mean it, yeah THAT is racist.

Drem, being "ghost white" still doesn't make me a racist, although damn that was good /laugh.

Jay is inventing something he wants to find, not something that is true, I assume because he was subjected to it so now feels required to find these false implications. He is a habitual offender at this, not to pick on Drem but I’d say he runs a real close second. They both tend to play the race card more than I recall anyone else here. It reinforces my opinion of where one wants to find hate where it doesn't exist. Cause angst not resolve it, if that makes sense. Perhaps he is just utra-sensitive about it, I could see that, but “that” isn’t my problem and I won’t filter what I write to overcome his issues.

I didn't look at anything I've written as being unreasonable though either. It does happen to be "current" news at the moment.

Quote me one time from this or any thread that supports your statement above. When I called you out I quoted you so it's fair for you to do the same right? Remember that you're the guy who said you hadn't told me what race you are and I'm the guy who said it doesn't matter what race you are you're still a racist, racist. Also I'm not gonna back track and say I didn't mean it either. Stop projecting bro and just correct yourself.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby brinstar » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:44 pm

Toss and Drem Comedy Hour wrote:yuck yuck etc

lol @ this

anyway it's funny how everyone's freaked out about a food network star being racist but nobody gives a fuck about %55.5 of the supreme court being racist

yeah i said it, fuck off
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Jay » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:44 pm

If you're gonna accuse me of being racist, accuse me cuz I laughed my ass off at this:
Attachments
image.jpg

Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Reynaldo » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:44 am

Semi-related, sexist instead of racist ties...

http://tv.broadwayworld.com/article/And ... s-20130629

Kudos to Anderson Cooper for calling it out when he's usually on Baldwin's side of the political fence.
Reynaldo
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Zanchief » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:01 pm

http://dailycurrant.com/2013/06/28/paula-deen-blames-the-jews-for-firing/

A real winner. Boy, it seems like everyone was really overreacting...
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Ganzo » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:32 pm

Zanchief wrote:http://dailycurrant.com/2013/06/28/paula-deen-blames-the-jews-for-firing/

A real winner. Boy, it seems like everyone was really overreacting...

You do know it's a fake article, right? :ugh:
גם זה יעבור

Narrock wrote:Yup, I ... was just trolling.

Narrock wrote:I wikipedia'd everything first.
Ganzo
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Zanchief » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:37 pm

I do...now!

I blame my brother who told me about this and I just googled it quickly for reference.

I've been without internet for like two weeks in PEI so I'm completely out of the loop.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Previous

Return to Current Affairs