ugh, this sucks

Real Life Events.

Go off topic and I will break you!

Moderator: Dictators in Training

ugh, this sucks

Postby leah » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:01 am

http://dailycaller.com/2013/09/15/car-c ... h-instead/

just a shame. like, i get that it was probably a heat-of-the-moment thing; the lady thought her house was being broken into, the cops were operating off that knowledge, etc. but dang. 24 years old, about to be married, had just survived a bad car accident... and then gunned down unnecessarily. i think the assessment of "excessive" shooting is a correct one.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Re: ugh, this sucks

Postby Spazz » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:06 pm

Cops man, you better look the fuck out. I know people think im mad about the cops stealing my skateboard or some other played out shit but cops are seriously dangerous. They shoot first and ask questions later and if you dont believe me run a google search. I dont think every cop is a blood crazed killer but I think this shit happens way to often and everyone makes excuses or turns a blind eye.

WHy do so many UNARMED niggaz go charging at the police ? Does anyone even buy that shit when the cops use it as an excuse anymore ?

While on the subject of cops anyone know what happened to the cops that shot up them paper ladies while hunting for that dorner dude ?

When Gun control types say that civies should be held to the same standards as the cops all I can say is A fucken men
WHITE TRASH METAL SLUMMER
Why Immortal technique?
Perhaps its because I am afraid and he gives me courage.
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Arlos » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:33 pm

There's people that are pushing right now for all police to be required to wear a camera recording their actions at all times.

There's a good article on the idea here: http://reason.com/archives/2013/08/30/w ... olite-cops

It's actually a win-win for everyone. For citizens, there's less incidents of police misbehavior and police use of force. For the police, it can instantly disprove specious claims of brutality, racism, etc. if the cop didn't do anything wrong.

Thoughts?

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Zanchief » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:36 pm

Arlos wrote:There's people that are pushing right now for all police to be required to wear a camera recording their actions at all times.

There's a good article on the idea here: http://reason.com/archives/2013/08/30/w ... olite-cops

It's actually a win-win for everyone. For citizens, there's less incidents of police misbehavior and police use of force. For the police, it can instantly disprove specious claims of brutality, racism, etc. if the cop didn't do anything wrong.

Thoughts?

-Arlos

For it. I'm for cameras everywhere though.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Jay » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:09 pm

Fact of the matter is Spazz, when a cop properly does their job it's not newsworthy. When they gun down an unarmed man it is. What do you think the ratio to "cops who follow proper use of police protocol" vs "cops that gun down people wrongfully" actually is? Be smarter dude.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby brinstar » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:56 pm

pig fired 12 shots, 10 of which hit

"excessive use of force" is a gross understatement

lock that piggy up in a pen
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Tuggan » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:46 pm

Jay wrote:Fact of the matter is Spazz, when a cop properly does their job it's not newsworthy. When they gun down an unarmed man it is. What do you think the ratio to "cops who follow proper use of police protocol" vs "cops that gun down people wrongfully" actually is? Be smarter dude.

is this a joke?
Tuggan
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Spazz » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:47 pm

Not all cop misconduct ends in a dead body jay. I dont think that all cops are animals like I said but the laws we have created have turned police into soldiers who see everyone as a possible threat. Go do a google search of police brutality and see how many legit hits with video you can find and them come back to me and let me know what the magic number for toooooooo many is.

How many people have to get smashed by the police before we can admit that there might be a bit of a problem with our police force and how they conduct there duties?

If you dont have a problem with the police than you havent been paying attention.
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Menelvir » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:34 am

I think the camera idea (as stated in the article) is generally a good one, however I think many cities and municipalities (which are already stretched to the breaking point with their budgets) will encounter resistance based on the costs involved. So it will probably boil down to 'which service(s) do you want to cut in order to make this happen?'.
"People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost." - The Dalai Lama
Menelvir
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Zanchief » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:26 am

Cameras won't cost that much in the grand scheme of things.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Arlos » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:38 pm

Not to mention, think about how much money cities sometimes spend on defending policemen from lawsuits. If there's camera proof that the suit is frivolous or false, how much money did they just save in not going to trial or not having to settle out of court? I'd think it wouldn't take too many instances of saving court/legal/settlement costs for those cameras to pay for themselves.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Spazz » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:02 pm

I dont know if cop cameras are the be all end all happy ending cureyou seem to think it will be .

Almost everything is recorded now days and you can still find video after video of cops doing crazy shit.

Heres what we need to do to get cops back in line

End the war on drugs. This is where the funding for the police and the weapons of war are coming from.

Yearly evals . Look for stress racism arrogance etc

Stop recruiting soldiers fresh from the wars onto the force.

A civilian review board that is funded and staffed and investigates all violent situations cops are involved in.

Double the penalty for all cops caught breaking any infraction. If my ticket would be 80 yours is 160 if i would get 6 to 10 cop would face 12 to 20 and so on.

I would also like to see some laws that break down the blue wall. Something if your caught covering than you get charged with all the same shit that the officer covered for is charged with.

Finally all cops most live in the community that they police. People are a lot less likely to shit where they eat and its a lot harder to pull some shit when everyone knows you.

Im not going to lie I would like internal affairs to have the budget and man power that the dea gets. Everytime I see one of these stories bout cops fuckin someone up a no knock raid about dope where someone got needlessly killed or cops some assholes dog it fucks my whole day up and fills me with a rage that not many other things can do. To live in a society of laws we have to give people power over all of us to enforce them and there are few things as disgusting as abuse of that power. Yall can think im nuts if you want but eventually a cop will fuck up someones life that you do care about and right about then I am going to sound a lot less extreme.
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Zanchief » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:20 pm

Spazz wrote:I would also like to see some laws that break down the blue wall. Something if your caught covering than you get charged with all the same shit that the officer covered for is charged with.

This is the only one I really agree with. I'm with Jay on this. We hear about the bad stuff, but it's a pretty thankless job. The job attracts plenty of assholes, but many more are doing their work to the best of their abilities. We just don't hear about the nice guys.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Ganzo » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:36 pm

Maybe too costly for US but instead of increasing penalties, you can fight corruption and police misconduct the way they set the system up in Israel – a country with very low corruption and police misconduct. In Israel a street cop makes a salary comparable to that of an engineer, gets crazy benefits and tax breaks, when they retire after serving only 20 years they get a pension of 80% of their highest paycheck for life, all the same health benefits for family for life, and the government gives them 60% down payment on buying a home and a car. However if a cop there is caught breaking any rules not only they are tried as a general populace and go to genpop in prison, but they lose all of the benefits they would have had. For police there it is basically not worth it to be involved in anything other than a straight narrow of the job roles.
גם זה יעבור

Narrock wrote:Yup, I ... was just trolling.

Narrock wrote:I wikipedia'd everything first.
Ganzo
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby brinstar » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:28 pm

Ganzo wrote:Maybe too costly for US but instead of increasing penalties, you can fight corruption and police misconduct the way they set the system up in Israel – a country with very low corruption and police misconduct. In Israel a street cop makes a salary comparable to that of an engineer, gets crazy benefits and tax breaks, when they retire after serving only 20 years they get a pension of 80% of their highest paycheck for life, all the same health benefits for family for life, and the government gives them 60% down payment on buying a home and a car. However if a cop there is caught breaking any rules not only they are tried as a general populace and go to genpop in prison, but they lose all of the benefits they would have had. For police there it is basically not worth it to be involved in anything other than a straight narrow of the job roles.

holy shit that's pretty cool

throw in mandatory periodical psych evals and i'm sold
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Jay » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:25 pm

Spazz wrote:I dont know if cop cameras are the be all end all happy ending cureyou seem to think it will be .

Almost everything is recorded now days and you can still find video after video of cops doing crazy shit.

Heres what we need to do to get cops back in line

End the war on drugs. This is where the funding for the police and the weapons of war are coming from.

Yearly evals . Look for stress racism arrogance etc

Stop recruiting soldiers fresh from the wars onto the force.

A civilian review board that is funded and staffed and investigates all violent situations cops are involved in.

Double the penalty for all cops caught breaking any infraction. If my ticket would be 80 yours is 160 if i would get 6 to 10 cop would face 12 to 20 and so on.

I would also like to see some laws that break down the blue wall. Something if your caught covering than you get charged with all the same shit that the officer covered for is charged with.

Finally all cops most live in the community that they police. People are a lot less likely to shit where they eat and its a lot harder to pull some shit when everyone knows you.

Im not going to lie I would like internal affairs to have the budget and man power that the dea gets. Everytime I see one of these stories bout cops fuckin someone up a no knock raid about dope where someone got needlessly killed or cops some assholes dog it fucks my whole day up and fills me with a rage that not many other things can do. To live in a society of laws we have to give people power over all of us to enforce them and there are few things as disgusting as abuse of that power. Yall can think im nuts if you want but eventually a cop will fuck up someones life that you do care about and right about then I am going to sound a lot less extreme.

I agree with some and disagree with others. Yes I'm aware that cops, or anyone at any job will break a few rules here and there but overall cops are just people. There's good ones and bad ones and I think most are just goin to the office to do their thing.

As far as your changes list, ok. Definitely record everything. Ending the war on drugs, no. Scaling it back some, yes. Don't recruit fresh out of war, civilian review, annual review. Agreed agreed and agreed. Double penalties. See, the idea behind it is good, but I think it would end up being counterproductive. We're targeting cops who are breaking rules and laws here so if the penalties were harsher, I believe that cops would be more inclined to cover things up which would lead to more problems. Finally, cops living in the community they police. No. Imagine if a drug dealer under heat from the force knew everyone in the dept's addresses. Organized crime or just some asshole with an axe to grind could come to a cop's house and shoot his wife and kid? No way.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Spazz » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:28 pm

Shit points jay. Organized crime has the resources to track down and kill cops now but they dont.... There also doesnt seem to be a epidemic of cop shootings with people with axes to grind right now.

Want to go back to the drawing board and again tell me a better reason that cops shouldnt live where they work ? Why should the police give 2 fucks about anything that happens when they can just leave the area at the end of a shift.

Also why on earth should we have a war on drugs. Its done more harm than good, created cartels and gang violence , given police the power to do almost anything they want and built a huge prison culture. And for what? To lock up junkies make prison owners rich and to make the world more dangerous for cops and civilians alike.
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Tikker » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:51 pm

Last edited by Tikker on Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Harrison » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:01 pm

At some point you have to grow up and stop thinking cops are the man and out to get you.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Spazz » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:29 pm

because generally drug users are useless drags on society that should be culled out

cept that isnt what is happening with the war on drugs at all. Theres still drugs everywhere , there still junkies prowling about so other than burning through money and creating a militarized police force what exactly is it accomplishing ?

Harrison this isnt about being grown up this is about trying to point out a serious problem in our country that most people are happy to ignore long as it doesnt effect them. Im just repeatin myself I said my piece.
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby brinstar » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:33 pm

Harrison wrote:At some point you have to grow up and stop thinking cops are the man and out to get you.

said the white man

individual cops can be great people. i personally know several and have utmost respect for the way they do their jobs and better the community. i've also met a couple that are total d-bag cunts. it really comes down to the personal codes and motivations of the individuals - some truly want to serve and protect (as cliche as that might sound) while others just crave power over others

problem is, taken as a whole the law enforcement system is violent and oppressive, doubly or triply so if you're not white/male/hetero/christian. just because i am all of those things and thus don't have to deal with any of the bullshit other people do doesn't mean i get to just shrug and say "lol grow up, they're not out to get you"

for example - in north carolina, an unarmed and injured white guy doesn't get capped ten fucking times seeking help from police
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Return to Current Affairs