miners dying

Real Life Events.

Go off topic and I will break you!

Moderator: Dictators in Training

miners dying

Postby brinstar » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:21 pm

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/0 ... 59829.html

MSHA gave furlough notices to nearly 1,400 of the 2,355 employees who help enforce mine safety laws from West Virginia to Montana. The agency continues to investigate emergencies and fatal accidents like those that occurred over the weekend, and it's still carrying out targeted inspections on mining sites that have a history of hazards and accidents. (It also continues to run down safety tips, which can be reported at 1-800-746-1553.)

But at the same time, MSHA has had to stop entirely what it calls its "fours" and "twos" -- the quarterly inspections of underground mines and biannual inspections of surface mines. Those basic inspections were mandated by the Federal Coal Mine Health and Safety Act of 1969.

fuck's sake be careful gaazy, don't take any unnecessary risks
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Re: miners dying

Postby Gaazy » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:00 pm

sorry im just responding, Ive been away

Yeah I saw something about this. My shop is literally 500 yards from the Federal Mine Academy and MSHA state office. They hire me to test new equipment sometimes and go through the safety threats of it since im so close and they can come over anytime and check my progress.

MSHA has me in a situation right this very moment though. Well, not MSHA persay. My biggest customer, Metinvest, has their biggest mining op shut down right now because of some seals not being built right underground. Rightly so, because the seals keep methane and gases in old parts of the mine that arent being mined anymore and direct ventilation and if there IS an explosion or a fire on the other side, it contains them. So bad seals = extremely dangerous and hazardous to everyone underground. But, still a pain because the millions in jobs I have going for them right now are on hold until further notice until t hey get their issues fixed. So fuck me, thanks for sheisting on your safety seals, assholes. Seals played a huge part in the upper big branch explosion, so theyre extremely important. I have experience in seals and went underground right before I left last month and looked at some of them, and I was embarrassed for that company in the shit effort they put into that safety net. Ahhh, welcome to coal
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Return to Current Affairs