Electronic Cigarettes.

Real Life Events.

Go off topic and I will break you!

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Electronic Cigarettes.

Postby Tuggan » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:11 am

I know there's like 5 people that actively post, but any current or ex-smokers give these things a go yet?
Tuggan
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Re: Electronic Cigarettes.

Postby Tuggan » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:19 am

I bought a disposable "blu", and it was my first* attempt at an electric cigarette. It's not awful, but it's not quite like smoking a cigarette.

I smoke pall mall menthol 100's, so I was hoping for something that might simulate that kinda inhale or potency or whatever you wanna call it. Anyone know a brand/and or "smoke juice" that is similar?

*I hit an "njoy" (or some shit) that Spaz bought, and it was worse than any cigarette i've ever smoked.
Tuggan
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Drem » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:45 am

I got a eGo from a local spot. I smoke it at home, regulars a work. If you get a high mg liquid you will get insanely buzzed. Hits hard. I started on Blus, too. They're shit

You can dedicate an eGo cartrige to honey oil, too. It's a vaporizer after all
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby brinstar » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:41 pm

i like the idea - feeds the nicotine craving AND the mechanical habit without any of the poisons of smoking awful cigs (not to mention the 2nd hand smoke problems and the "it makes my clothes/hair/mouth/house/life smell like an ashtray problems)

i've hit a few but i was never a very serious smoker so i can't really speak to flavor/sensation/whatever
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Gaazy » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:51 pm

funny this got posted right now, because I got to try a few of the types in the past few weeks, and i liked it. Im not a smoker though, so i dunno as far as quitting smoking. I can only speak for dipping @@
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Jay » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:46 pm

As far as quitting is concerned I've heard from friends that it will replace a cigarette in every way cept for 1, and that's for when you're drinking. I smoke a cigarette on occasion when I drink and I have an eGo and it's not the same when I'm buzzed.

Not sure what it is about cigarettes that feels awesome when you're drinking.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby brinstar » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:37 pm

Jay wrote:Not sure what it is about cigarettes that feels awesome when you're drinking.

i have to shamefully agree haha

luckily i don't have nicotine addiction problems - i can have a cigarette while drunk at a house show and then go a month before having another one :dunno:
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby leah » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:35 am

i am often really tempted to see what e-cigs are like because i feel like it would be a really great distraction whilst commuting but i'm not allowed to smoke cigarettes (josh has a major thing against smoking. plus, i quit a long time ago so i don't know that i really want to get back on that slippery slope anyway.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Gypsiyee » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:27 am

I loved my eCig and used it religiously for a while because I loved all the flavors.. I ran into a brick wall with remembering to re-order the materials for it and when the wick burns out, that is the nastiest taste ever.

I hate, hate, hate, that so many places are now treating them just like regular cigarettes and not letting you smoke them in public indoor places, though.

*disclaimer.. I always have smokes on me, but I wouldn't consider myself a regular smoker either. a pack has always lasted me a week unless it's a go out and drink night. I often go days without smoking.. never was much of an addiction to nicotine problem so much as the actual act of smoking. I do have some co-workers that have gone through the entire transition from 2 packs a day to 0mg of nicotine on their ecigs and they're still with it a year later.
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Arlos » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:54 pm

The only time I ever smoked cigarettes was while I was on E. I think that's because of some of the oral side effects to that drug, but I'd buy a pack of Dunhills, go to party/rave, take what I was gonna take, smoke half the pack during the night, then give the rest away to friends who were actual smokers and had gone through their entire supply while they were fucked up. Never had any desire to smoke tobacco apart from those times.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Gypsiyee » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:35 pm

the fuck is a dunhill
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Arlos » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:17 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunhill_%28cigarette%29

Dunhill cigarettes were favored by gonzo journalist Hunter S. Thompson and English rock musician John Lennon

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Jay » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:19 pm

Arlos wrote:The only time I ever smoked cigarettes was while I was on E. I think that's because of some of the oral side effects to that drug, but I'd buy a pack of Dunhills, go to party/rave, take what I was gonna take, smoke half the pack during the night, then give the rest away to friends who were actual smokers and had gone through their entire supply while they were fucked up. Never had any desire to smoke tobacco apart from those times.

-Arlos

What the hell!? LOL! You're the last person I expected to bring up E and raves and smokes from a first hand account.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Arlos » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:48 pm

Jay wrote:What the hell!? LOL! You're the last person I expected to bring up E and raves and smokes from a first hand account.

Heh, why so shocked? Back in the late 90s and early 00's, I was a regular at raves in the area. Even was part of a crew (Warmth) that would throw them. One of the best ones I ever went to, we brought up Christopher Lawrence to a small one that had no more than a couple hundred people. I was going every weekend, occasionally twice on weekends, though that was rare. I preferred the smaller ones to the massives, though I did my share of events at Home Base and 2nd & Jackson in Oakland. Also saw some big name electronic music acts at more official venues in SF, like Paul Van Dyk (best DJ I EVER saw at mixing, incredible skills), Chemical Brothers, Underworld (live version of rez + cowgirl was a religious experience). Never cared for most house much, always vastly preferred trance. Still do.

I was doing all sorts of stuff back then. Shrooms (fun!), Acid (bleah, except for one time I candy flipped (mixed acid and E) and that was fun), E, coke (Hated it. Did nothing for me except make me feel like I had to hock a loogie I couldn't get up, my head was full of wool and my teeth were numb and tingly. But I wanted more for no apparent reason. Took that as a warning sign, never did it again) and 2CB (my absolute favorite hallucinogen) was the big chunk of the list, besides weed, of course. Never took anything injectable, and never really did speed. (I have ADD anyway, so amphetamines act on me totally different than most people. I used to get it as a prescription, and taking amphetamines helped me sleep better. Go figure.)

These days, the only thing I'm doing is weed, which I have a prescription for anyway. Just because I never felt the need to brag about what I was doing doesn't mean I wasn't into all sorts of stuff, or was some kind of complete prude/square/stick-in-the-mud... :mrgreen:

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Spazz » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:55 pm

I feel like youve spoken on this before arlos. My memory is a mess but I want to say youve talked about getting down as a kid , driving an audi , a bad soccer injury the san jose sharks and assorted liberal topics.

That or maybe I just figured you partied hard as a youngster due to posting shit like enya
WHITE TRASH METAL SLUMMER
Why Immortal technique?
Perhaps its because I am afraid and he gives me courage.
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Drem » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:58 pm

Gypsiyee wrote:the fuck is a dunhill

English deliciousness

They're good but i always preferred Gaulloises
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Jay » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:45 am

Gypsiyee wrote:the fuck is a dunhill

One of the few preferred cigarettes of OG Vietnamese guys. Dunhills, 555's, Marlboro lights and Kools.

Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Drem » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:16 am

State Express 555s!! Hahahah. This thread is taking me down party memory lane
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Gaazy » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:07 am

They need to find some kind of replacement for smokeless bacca. Id LLOVE to quit. I dont know how many times ive tried. Only thing that helps sometimes is sunflower seeds or hard candy in the lip
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Narrock » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:59 am

Last week it's been 10 years since I quit smoking. It was such a powerful addiction that I still get cravings for nicotine, which I satisfy with 2mg nicotine lozenges from Target. I like the idea of ecigs, and wish they were around 20+ years ago. On a side note, I've noticed a lot of smear campaigns against ecigs saying that they are enticing kids to smoke them, and we don't know about possible long term detrimental effects etc. Sounds like RJ Reynolds might be funding these ad campaigns. lol?
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Jay » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:39 am

Narrock wrote:Last week it's been 10 years since I quit smoking. It was such a powerful addiction that I still get cravings for nicotine, which I satisfy with 2mg nicotine lozenges from Target. I like the idea of ecigs, and wish they were around 20+ years ago. On a side note, I've noticed a lot of smear campaigns against ecigs saying that they are enticing kids to smoke them, and we don't know about possible long term detrimental effects etc. Sounds like RJ Reynolds might be funding these ad campaigns. lol?

I don't doubt that there couldn't be some sort of long term detrimental effect but if it's between ecigs and actual cigs, I don't think anything you get from ecigs could be worse than what you might already be smoking.

Gypsiyee wrote:I hate, hate, hate, that so many places are now treating them just like regular cigarettes and not letting you smoke them in public indoor places, though.

When I was a smoker, I became ok with smoking outside and away from entrances. I don't see what the big deal is. Ecigs might not be cancerous or harmful, but it still has an odor (certain flavors are very strong). What I really hate are those assholes who take their ecigs and smoke them almost obstinately. Like they're waiting for you to object so they can be like "I'M NOT SMOKING BRO. I'M VAPING. IT SAYS NO SMOKING AND I'M NOT A SMOKER CUZ THAT'S GROSS. I'M ALLOWED"

Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Drem » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:23 am

NYC, along with increasing age to purchase tobacco to 21, has just banned smoking ecigs inside

I smoke regular and ecig and think people that bust out an ecig at the bar next to everyone else are dipshits. I've come to enjoy going outside for a break. Dunno why people are compelled to smoke indoors, in their houses (wtfgross), cars w/ windows rolled up, etc
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Spazz » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:28 am

Im down with smoking in the house and in a car with the windows rolled up. I hate being cold and im a smoker so it doesnt bug me. My lady banned me from indoor smoking when we moved to our new spot and I hate it. I shouldnt even be smoking at all though so i guess shes doing me a favor.
WHITE TRASH METAL SLUMMER
Why Immortal technique?
Perhaps its because I am afraid and he gives me courage.
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Drem » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:49 am

It's just really self-serving. Make everything you own and maybe other peoples' clothes/stuff smell like shit because you cant put a coat on and go outside? That's how i talked myself out of it, anyway

Cars i just havent driven w/ windows rolled up for 8 years. Need that fresh air! Rain, snow, whatever, they're at least cracked
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby brinstar » Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:36 pm

even when i did smoke i never ever did it indoors because ew
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Return to Current Affairs