Duck Dynasty

Real Life Events.

Go off topic and I will break you!

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Re: Duck Dynasty

Postby Gaazy » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:00 pm

uhh but he is a public figure. How can you say hes not Ganz?

on that, do you have any idea how fast Id fire him if I were in A&E's place? Fuck that, he'd be done for. Ive fired people for much less than that. Same thing as someone that works for you running around telling people how shitty of a company his is
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Narrock » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:55 pm

Wait... you'd fire a guy who, when asked, said homosexuality is a sin?
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Arlos » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:52 pm

How about someone who recommends guys marry 15 year olds?

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-enter ... 31799.html

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Kaemon » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:43 pm

You realize the guy is almost 70, back in those days growing up, 15-16 was the norm....

My grandmother was married at 15.
My mother at 17.

If he was 35 and said that shit, then I'd be leery.

Seriously Arlos, you're getting Nerd Rage over someone that said something stupid because he doesn't agree with your views. When Tork and the rest of us made fun of homosexuality in game and on our web page, where was your outrage then?
Adivina wrote:We are the most bipolar acting community, bunch of manics with the mood swings on here.
Kaemon
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Arlos » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:52 pm

Kaemon wrote:You realize the guy is almost 70, back in those days growing up, 15-16 was the norm....

My grandmother was married at 15.
My mother at 17.

If he was 35 and said that shit, then I'd be leery.

Seriously Arlos, you're getting Nerd Rage over someone that said something stupid because he doesn't agree with your views. When Tork and the rest of us made fun of homosexuality in game and on our web page, where was your outrage then?

And Paula Deen, who also grew up in the Jim Crow era South, was shitcanned from the Food Network and all her sponsors for admitting she once said the word "Nigger", and b) because she thought those old-timey choruses of blacks in tuxedos were neat to have at weddings. Here we have a guy who a) compared homosexuality to bestiality, b) said that blacks were better off and not mistreated in the Jim Crow era South, and c) said guys should marry 15 year olds, and he's supposed to be some moral paragon? Excuse me? Stupid comments don't become less stupid just because they're said by an old person. He's free to believe and advocate for whatever he wants, obviously, but why the outrage when other people exercise their OWN rights to voice their opinions by telling him they think he's a creepy bigot? And how was what SHE did that much worse than what he did, to end up punished significantly more harshly for being an old person saying stupid things?

As for me, personally, perhaps I've matured some in the last 10-12 years? Perhaps some things that didn't bother me then do now, and visa versa? Do YOU still act just like you did when you were that much younger? You'll remember that I was generally not involved in most of that, though, to be sure I did join in the joking with Tork.

Remember also that we weren't public faces of billion dollar corporations while we did what we did, either. Crackpot old guy ranting on his porch about his racist/bigoted/whatever beliefs is one thing. 20-somethings behaving like overgrown teenagers laughing at slightly more sophisticated versions of fart jokes is another. Crackpot old guy given an international soapbox by his prominence on a major television network ranting about his racist/bigoted/whatever beliefs is yet another completely different kettle of fish. Fair or not, ONE of those three groups is held to higher standards when it comes to public commentary.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Narrock » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:38 am

Paula Dean got canned for admitting she referred to Blacks as "niggers" some 20 years ago. This PC culture we're in right now is absolutely ridiculous, and that's a severe understatement. People need to stop being such pussies and getting all worked up over stupid shit, IMO.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Jay » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:17 am

leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Arlos » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:36 pm

In the interest of equal treatment, I have to slam that MSNBC anchor, Melissa Harris-Perry, for what she did recently, too. First, bringing a politician's grandkids up for comment (especially when they're infants) is totally over the line. Secondly, making fun of the family and the kid because they adopted an African-American kid? Horseshit. I may not like Romney's politics or profession, but that's irrelevant. I will be quite surprised and disappointed if she's not at LEAST suspended, if not shitcanned. You'd never have seen Walter Cronkite do anything even remotely like that, and he's the absolute paragon I think all news anchors should aspire to be like. (Well, him and Edward R Murrow)

Fair is fair, wrong is wrong, even if it's someone on "my side" who did it.
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Narrock » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:32 am

It's people like Melissa Harris-Perry who widen the racial divide and raise racial tensions. MSNBC is chock full of these clowns. But, they're making money at it, unfortunately, from their ignorant viewership. At least she offered up an apology to Mitt Romney full of fake tears and the whole shmeer, but it'll just be a matter of days before another inflammatory comment comes out of their pieholes.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby brinstar » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:00 pm

network news is garbage

if it's not Democracy Now or Al-Jazeera it's garbage and you're garbage for reading it
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Narrock » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:54 am

Fox news is the most reliable of the big media news outlets at least. But because I don't have a whole lot of time to read, I mostly listen to the news on various Sirius-XM stations.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby brinstar » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:14 pm

Narrock wrote:Fox news is the most reliable of the big media news outlets at least.

they are reliable, yes

reliably shite
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Gaazy » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:32 pm

Narrock wrote:Wait... you'd fire a guy who, when asked, said homosexuality is a sin?

Its not just that, its the way he handled the whole interview. I thought he just did not do a good job. And his views on black people being happier under the old ways? Come on, you cant say shit like that today. I dont give a fuck where he is from or how old he is, its just stupid.

Bottom line is I dont give a shit, if you dont represent my company in the light I want you too, you arent staying around. End of story. He had the right to say whatever he wanted, and they had the right to say it wasnt how they wanted him to represent the company.

So what would you do if you didnt agree with him Sir Biblethumper? Would you still be defending him? Of course not

ps My views as far as firing the guy have nothing to do with whether or not I agree/disagree with the dude, I am speaking from a business perspective
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Narrock » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:15 pm

Are you aware that A&E took him back because of the massive public outcry? They realized they made a tremendous erroneous business decision by firing him. Your sophomoric view on business tactics will bite you in the ass if you pull the shit you say you would. On a side note, do you really give a shit what a coal miner says? Or are you in a different business now?
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Gaazy » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:41 pm

First of all, I dont keep up with the news hardly, so no I wasnt aware they let him back in. Second of all, I do NOT care that they did, I still wouldnt have let him back in. They shouldnt have pussed out and caved. Now they look like chickenshits with no balls.

ps arent you a truck driver? Have you ever been in management of any kind of a company? What exactly do you know about sophomoric business decisions? And no, dont tell me thats what you learned at the online community college, that doesnt count.
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Gaazy » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:46 pm

Basically, if my network was portrayed like that by one of the biggest, if not THE biggest based on how many viewers the damn show has, made comments that made the damn network look bad, then yes I would still release him. It would be like one of my guys going to a mine and telling them how bad our products suck, in my eyes. Thats what it comes down to.
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Narrock » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:58 pm

Easy boy. I've got nothing against you. I'm just saying, if you start firing people for expressing their beliefs, you're opening yourself up to big trouble. Yes, I'm a truck driver. I've been driving 18-wheelers for 8 years now, and I love it. Yes I was a suvervisor at my dad's shop for several years. My dad had a graphics business for over 20 years. Running your own business is a bitch, and requires massive sacrifices. We fired a few guys over the years, either for poor performance, or coming in late frequently, always blaming their tardiness on somebody else. Even when a firing like that is totally justified, the disgruntled employee will still sue you.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby brinstar » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:15 am

Narrock wrote:It's people like Melissa Harris-Perry who widen the racial divide and raise racial tensions. MSNBC is chock full of these clowns. But, they're making money at it, unfortunately, from their ignorant viewership. At least she offered up an apology to Mitt Romney full of fake tears and the whole shmeer, but it'll just be a matter of days before another inflammatory comment comes out of their pieholes.

not that i'm sticking up for harris-perry, but who's race-baiting now? what a spiteful little ghoul. you know it's bad when even hannity pumps the brakes and says whoa there

credit where credit is due though, mittens was impressively gracious and mature about accepting harris-perry's apology instead of taking the easy potshots like the rest of the human trash on faux news
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Narrock » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:20 am

Ann Coulter gets a bit ovrer-the-top from time to time,. Mitt Romney is always gracious and a gentleman from what I've seen.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Previous

Return to Current Affairs