Any resolutions? Lose 10 pounds? eat healthier? work out more? blah blah
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Re: Happy New Year

Postby brinstar » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:01 pm

sound more like (drummer) john stanier:

...which is to say, set a personal goal of committing to a practice regimen, with band goals of SXSW in austin, CMJ in ny, and possibly a brief midwest tour (toss can we camp in your backyard?)

nonmusical goals:
figure out how to enjoy running for exercise and fitness
continue getting straight A's in my certification program
hit a real home run in softball (i've hit two inside-the-park homers, but never got one over the fence)
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Lyion » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:32 am

My resolutions are really just more organization. Spend more time with my family and loved ones, eat better, be nicer, and stress less. The main difference is I'm trying to track what I'm eating <spreadsheets for the win>, if I have a bad day why <even more spreadsheets hooked into a mysql on my linux server>, and to organize my free time into blocks where I know more how my total day time breakdown <.plan for the win>.

In other words I guess I'm nerding out more for the New Year, but trying to do so in a positive manner.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Narrock » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:58 am

My resolutions are: Be less of a douche on the NT (but all bets are off if I'm attacked just for expressing my beliefs); Finish projects around the house (we bought a minor fixer-upper and it needs sprinkler repair, new lawn, paint, minor repairs here and there, etc.); Start up my H.I.I.T. cardio training again, which always seems to wane from October to January. lol
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby brinstar » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:50 pm

Lyion wrote:My resolutions are really just more organization. Spend more time with my family and loved ones, eat better, be nicer, and stress less. The main difference is I'm trying to track what I'm eating <spreadsheets for the win>, if I have a bad day why <even more spreadsheets hooked into a mysql on my linux server>, and to organize my free time into blocks where I know more how my total day time breakdown <.plan for the win>.

In other words I guess I'm nerding out more for the New Year, but trying to do so in a positive manner.

wow
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Tikker » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:19 am

Last edited by Tikker on Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Jay » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:25 am

Tikker wrote:my goal for this year is to do up vegas properly in april

Get acquainted with Earl of Sandwich and Hash House. Best bang for your buck foodwise.

Serendipitys is shit. The new Caesar's Palace buffet is heavenly. Any cheap buffets will leave you spending the rest of your trip in the restroom. Lastly, the guys who offer your free rides to the strip club lie their asses off. They tell you free cover and drinks and its just a bait and switch. Once you get there, full cover, and maybe 1 free drink.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Zanchief » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:19 pm

Narrock wrote:My resolutions are: Be less of a douche on the NT (but all bets are off if I'm attacked just for expressing my beliefs); Finish projects around the house (we bought a minor fixer-upper and it needs sprinkler repair, new lawn, paint, minor repairs here and there, etc.); Start up my H.I.I.T. cardio training again, which always seems to wane from October to January. lol

As is the case with most things in your life, your resolution is a complete failure.

I think I'm moving back to you being a sockpuppet. Maybe Captain Insano. Imagine if we'd all been had?

Sometimes I come here and I think there's only two people. Me and everyone else is just one fucked up person trying to play a prank on me.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Narrock » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:12 pm

Zanchief wrote:
Narrock wrote:My resolutions are: Be less of a douche on the NT (but all bets are off if I'm attacked just for expressing my beliefs); Finish projects around the house (we bought a minor fixer-upper and it needs sprinkler repair, new lawn, paint, minor repairs here and there, etc.); Start up my H.I.I.T. cardio training again, which always seems to wane from October to January. lol

As is the case with most things in your life, your resolution is a complete failure.

I think I'm moving back to you being a sockpuppet. Maybe Captain Insano. Imagine if we'd all been had?

Sometimes I come here and I think there's only two people. Me and everyone else is just one fucked up person trying to play a prank on me.

:wtf: Are you on meds bro?
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby brinstar » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:23 pm

Zanchief wrote:Me and everyone else is just one fucked up person trying to play a prank on me.

sometimes i feel that way about the entire human race
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Gaazy » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:39 pm

I have 2 New Years resolutions.

1) Continue with Crossfit. Ive been sticking to it 6 days a week so far at 5am every morning. Now I just need to continue

2) Keep my business afloat and continue taking care of my employees and their families
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Gypsiyee » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:10 pm

brinstar wrote:
Zanchief wrote:Me and everyone else is just one fucked up person trying to play a prank on me.

sometimes i feel that way about the entire human race

^
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Return to Current Affairs