ferguson, mo

Real Life Events.

Go off topic and I will break you!

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Re: ferguson, mo

Postby Zanchief » Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:32 pm

I think you've made yourself pretty clear on the issue, Harrison.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Kaemon » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:38 am

Why is it when someone has a difference of opinion on something, they're called retarded or some other type of name calling.

Everyone thinks it's racially motivated. It might be, it might not be. We'll never know. A ton of misinformation here from Brinstar to Zanchief.

But Jay is correct about one thing. It is about head counts. It is about black on black crime. Learn to live with each other and lower your own crime and a cop that patrols in that vicinity doesn't have to go out on patrol that today is the day he won't come home to his family. A cop's first duty is to himself, to protect himself, to make sure he comes back home.

There were witnesses that corroborated the officers description of the events that took place.
An autopsy proved he wasn't shot in the back like so many witnesses said they saw...guess what happens to the rest of the testimony if in fact it were true? It gets thrown out.
There was more than one black person on the grand jury.
Calling a state of emergency a week before and getting the national guard in soon was the right call. If none of that happened and a whole city burned, we would be criticizing the Governor for not taking the appropriate action. Do I need to pull up videos of cities celebrating that look exactly like the riots we've seen. Rioting can come from both angles, protesting to celebrating.

Where's the talk about what happened here?

Oh that's right, black on black, and that's a white cop.

Adivina wrote:We are the most bipolar acting community, bunch of manics with the mood swings on here.
Kaemon
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Zanchief » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:13 am

Kaemon wrote:A ton of misinformation here from Brinstar to Zanchief.

I've made two posts in this thread, neither of which has any misinformation in it. I haven't spoken about the specifics of this case at all, because I don't know them. I only spoke about why people were frustrated (whether it's deserved or not was irrelevant). It has nothing to do with black and black crime. It has nothing to do with head count. That doesn't mean black on black crime isn't an issue worth talking about. It doesn't mean those looters shouldn't care more about it. It's just not why they are angry.

Get your shit together man.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Gypsiyee » Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:18 pm

Kaemon wrote:Why is it when someone has a difference of opinion on something, they're called retarded or some other type of name calling.

Everyone thinks it's racially motivated. It might be, it might not be. We'll never know. A ton of misinformation here from Brinstar to Zanchief.

But Jay is correct about one thing. It is about head counts. It is about black on black crime. Learn to live with each other and lower your own crime and a cop that patrols in that vicinity doesn't have to go out on patrol that today is the day he won't come home to his family. A cop's first duty is to himself, to protect himself, to make sure he comes back home.

There were witnesses that corroborated the officers description of the events that took place.
An autopsy proved he wasn't shot in the back like so many witnesses said they saw...guess what happens to the rest of the testimony if in fact it were true? It gets thrown out.
There was more than one black person on the grand jury.
Calling a state of emergency a week before and getting the national guard in soon was the right call. If none of that happened and a whole city burned, we would be criticizing the Governor for not taking the appropriate action. Do I need to pull up videos of cities celebrating that look exactly like the riots we've seen. Rioting can come from both angles, protesting to celebrating.

Where's the talk about what happened here?

Oh that's right, black on black, and that's a white cop.

Let me first say that of course I have seen this video thrown around with all the Ferguson debate. Let me also say that living 20 minutes from Milwaukee for 3 years, I can say it is absolutely nothing like Ferguson and not remotely comparable. That particular police chief has also received a vote of no-confidence from virtually 100% of the voting police force of Milwaukee, saying that they don't believe he is mentally capable of performing his job.

Let's also go ahead and throw out there that McCulloch DID just charge a black cop for second degree assault for hitting a man in the hand with a baton. I won't say that the charge wasn't justified, but I will say that people are blind to McCulloch's bias if they have any belief whatsoever that he ever actually sought indictment for Wilson.

And let's talk a minute about "black on black crime." This is easy to throw around. Violent crime rates aren't necessarily tied directly to race. The statistical link to crime is poverty. It just so happens that low income communities also happen to be populated by minorities. The amount of crime in "black" communities is correlation rather than causation.
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby brinstar » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:45 am

alright clowns i'm gonna make one and exactly one effortpost on this idiotic outcome because a) i could probably count on one hand the number of times someone's opinion has changed on this board in its entire history and b) it's already pretty obvious who is willing to listen to honest critical discussion and who just wants their biases confirmed and c) posting on some backwater internet message board obviously never changed anything anyway

that said, i'm gonna respond to quotes chronologically. for those of you with the attention span of a goldfish, this post is gonna be pretty long - so if you wanna read it and respond thoughtfully then that's cool, otherwise don't even fuckin bother

brinstar wrote:mayor: white
police chief: white
city council: five white, one black
school board: seven white
police force: 50 white officers, 3 black officers
rest of town population: 70% black

white cop shoots unarmed black kid to death in front of witnesses, yet FPD doesn't bother interviewing anyone. community gets mad and holds rallies, FPD flips into military mode complete with snipers and grenades and tanks. two well-known reporters are arrested in a mcdonald's for no reason. one cop filmed screaming "come on you fucking animals, bring it".

lol if anyone still thinks a) we don't live in a police state or b) racism is dead and gone or c) it's safe to be anything other than white/male in this country
though some of the eyewitness accounts ended up being discredited, i'm gonna start by quoting my first post because guess what this is all still 100% true

brinstar wrote:oh, and before anyone tries calling the victim "violent" or a "thug" (which is usually just code for "nigger") - he had no criminal record, got decent grades, had a high school diploma, and was supposed to start college on monday.
just gonna throw that in there too, for those of you so transparently eager to buy into the character assassination campaign that began before his body was even cold

brinstar wrote:first of all it literally does not matter at all whether he robbed the store. it's completely and utterly irrelevant to the incident in the street. to say otherwise is to provide cover for what may (or may not) have been police homicide via use of unnecessary force.

besides, even if his actions at the c-store weren't completely irrelevant (which they fucking are), the store owner said the kid paid for the cigars he could afford and left the rest on the counter - and no one at the store ever reported a robbery/theft/etc at all

as for whether he charged toward the cop truck, i can't say - but either way you gotta admit it's a pretty strong case for outfitting cops with go-pro cameras or whatever, right? because if he did charge, cop can be like "dude look at the tape, i did what i had to do". and if he was really just standing there with his arms up, the grand jury can be like "nope sorry sergeant dickface you're going to jail for a while, better lube up that bunghole". in both outcomes the community calms the fuck down and stops lighting shit on fire

at any rate i don't give a flying fuck what happened at the c-store, and neither should you. whether it was really a robbery or just a simple business transaction, nobody deserves to be gunned down in the street like that. to say otherwise is to slander the victim as somehow deserving of what he got, and the reality is that no one deserves that. this is america, we have due process, we have the right to a trial by a jury of our peers.
also quoting this because with one minor correction (a customer at the c-store called in the incident, not the owner or the clerk or any other employee) it's still 100% true and applicable

Narrock wrote:Thank God for this outcome.
it makes me sad how little you understand God. how you could feel anything but sorrow for everyone involved is beyond me.

Gaazy wrote:Fuck the motherfuckers. Let it burn. Immediately pull out ALL cops, firefighters, and medical personnel. Put up a perimeter and shoot anyone leaving to spread the chaos. Let them burn their shit to ash, fuck em. Then refuse them relief money.

What galls me is these are the communities that complain that they dont have jobs because no one will bring new businesses to the area. Who in the right godamn fucking mind would bring a business to them? Invest money in an area for them to thank you by looting your store and set it on fire? Rofl. Fuck em
gaazy i love you man but this is fuckin bullshit, and i'll tell you why. we talk all the time about how WV has been hollowed out into a wasteland of blacklung, destroyed bodies, and opiate addiction, and we agree that the whole area is rotting mainly because no one outside the area gives a shit. do you not see that communities like ferguson share so much in common with the WV communities whose suffering you (rightly) agonize over? i'm sure investors look at rural WV and think "pfff nothing but a bunch of poor-ass uneducated pillheads 'round those parts, why the hell would i start a business there? only value that shithole has is to cut the tops off their mountains and store all our most hazardous chemicals there." what do you think is gonna happen once that continues over multiple generations?

Ganzo wrote:jewbaiting
okay that sign is pretty silly, i'll give you that. i'm guessing the point is that it's wrong for one culture to violently enforce socioeconomic oppression on another culture no matter where on the globe it happens to take place, but i don't really see a direct connection (it's not like there are razorwire fences or naval blockades surrounding ferguson)

Harrison wrote:So, rioters in Providence and Boston last night (both within 40 minutes of me equidistant) blocked access to hospitals, highways, and were attempting to break into police departments/substations.

:banghead:

Criminal assaults cop
Criminal is shot
People protest
People riot
People burn down businesses and residences of completely innocent bystanders
People in completely irrelevant cities get hospitals, prisons, and highways shut down endangering potentially thousands. (Night before a heavy, heavy storm coming to New England.)

Makes perfect sense.
not a criminal. not a criminal. not a criminal. not a fucking criminal. jesus fucking christ man, learn how the law works - in america, you are not a criminal until you are convicted of a crime; MB died with a clean record. was he a suspect? absolutely. even though he paid for the merchandise (confirmed), he maybe shoved that guy in the store i guess? so even though i'm 100% sure you've done worse in a mosh pit, he was a suspect for that. he was also a suspect for jaywalking. he was also a suspect for attempting to grab DW's gun, and for punching DW in his bitch face. though (like tugg/spazz) i don't really believe his testimony, the fact remains that since MB was never charged and convicted of anything at all, it's incorrect to refer to him as a criminal. furthermore i honestly believe you use that word to make it easier to casually dismiss the notion that maybe, just MAYBE, he didn't deserve to die.

as for demonstrations elsewhere, that's certainly a tougher topic. what i will say though is you are missing the point if you think that those demonstrations are happening in "completely irrelevant cities". every city is relevant! demonstraters are raising their voices in protest because the MB/DW saga is not an isolated incident, but part of a systematic disregard for certain citizens' inaliable rights to life and liberty. and even if you don't believe that, consider this - would a protest in Ferguson over a kid who got gunned down by the pigs in an ohio walmart four days before MB was killed qualify as "completely irrelevant" just because MB was still alive when it happened? no man, people demonstrate in other cities because this kind of shit can and does happen anywhere. hell i've been to demonstrations here in LNK on this matter even though i couldn't tell you the last time an LPD cop shot anyone to death (much less a minority) - people everywhere need to remain mindful of the way power in this country is distributed differently across different subcultures or socioeconomic demographics, how that runs contrary to our national ideals that all are created equal (and, incidentally, our state motto of "equality under the law"), and how enforcement of that status quo can sometimes become disproportionately violent against those disempowered groups. that's why there are demonstrations everywhere: we are a nation, not a random collection of locations. and PS - hell yeah i'm every bit as outraged about the 12yo kid being blasted in the park, or eric garner being asphyxiated in NYC, or oscar grant being shot in the back while handcuffed, or etc etc etc, so don't you dare presume to tell me i'm being selective with my outrage.

(that being said i sure as heck wouldn't block anyone's access to a hospital hehe)

Jay wrote:Where's the outrage at black people who kill other black people?
ahh i love this stubborn old deflection. yes, black people are mostly killed by other black people, and it's also true that white people are mostly killed by other white people. but whether intentional or not, this particular argument obfuscates why this incident and others like it are a big deal: power. law enforcement is a largely unaccountable weapon in the hands of those in power who, surprise surprise, prefer to remain in power. it's all right there in the terminology - law enforcement. who makes laws? people in power. how are they enforced? force. physical force, economic force, forceful deprivation of personal freedom, whatever the case may be. when a civilian black person murders another civilian black person, yes it's tragic, yes it's senseless, yes it's corrosive to both that specific subculture and our overall culture, but there is not an imbalance of institutional power in the equation. when a cop murders a civilian black person, however, power is involved. that officer is acting on the authority of whatever level of government is responsible for hiring him or her, and public employees are not only supposed to be accountable to the populace but are also supposed to be held to a higher standard. yet we've seen with this case, as with countless others, that it is almost impossible to indict a cop. cops have the support of cop unions, the support of DAs and other politicians who want to appear "tough on crime", the support of overly militaristic cheerleader fanbois like harrison all over the place, and - most insidious of all - they've got the full blessing of the ruling socioeconomic class, who would be most appreciative if you be a good little piggy and do your best to keep everything exactly the way it is (and if you work admirably toward that task we MIGHT not take your pension away). that's why the "whut about black on black crime" argument is irrelevant - random_black_guy01 doesn't have an entire system protecting him from the repercussions of shooting random_black_guy02, while Officer_Whitey00 totally does.

Kaemon wrote:Everyone thinks it's racially motivated. It might be, it might not be. We'll never know. A ton of misinformation here from Brinstar to Zanchief.
sure, some of the early details from eyewitness accounts ended up getting debunked for the most part, but as i demonstrated above, most of my early posts remained accurate. thus i casually but not vehemently reject the accusation of misinformation. and as for racial motivation, just read DW's testimony. it practically calls MB a supernigger, saying his face looked like a demon and that he was a five-year-old hanging on to hulk hogan or that he was about to bulk up to run through the shots or whatever. sure he was trying to justify his actions, like anyone would, but it's pretty obvious that his perceptions were deeply rooted in a visceral and almost supernatural fear of black men. this is not a recipe for level-headed interactions with members of a community that is 70% black.

finally a few words about "riots"

1) lol if you think riots never changed anything. look up the stonewall riots or any of the antiwar riots in american history and tell me they changed nothing. shit, what was the boston tea party if not a riot against british imperialism?

2) i trust i can count on identical outrage the next time a bunch of white people celebrate their sportsball team winning the supercup or whatever? SF burned after the world series, vancouver burned after the stanley, uconn rioted after making the final four. penn state rioted when rape apologist paterno got fired. hell, last month a bunch of white kids in jersey started a riot at a goddamn pumpkin festival. WHERE ARE THE WHITE COMMUNITY LEADERS? DON'T THEY KNOW THEY'RE HURTING THEIR OWN CAUSE? IT'S JUST AN EXCUSE FOR ANIMALS TO ACT LIKE ANIMALS! I SAY FUCK EM, WALL UP THE CITY AND LET EM BURN IT DOWN!

2.5) or Black Friday riots, for that matter

3) it's also a question of priorities. blacks are mad about being 21 times more likely to be shot to death by a cop than whites. whites are mad about some stuff getting broken. do you not see the difference?

4) sure there's opportunism. that's nothing new, there's opportunism in every protest. otherwise reasonable conservative rallies sometimes have people show up with shockingly racist signs, and the left jumps all over them and paints them all unfairly as racists, just like the right seizes on that one goon at the OWS protest observing his constitutional right to spraypaint a building, just like wannabe anarchists show up at any kind of rally just to stir up chaos. but let me ask you this: what kind of mentality allows you to completely dismiss an entire idea solely on the merits of its presentation? that's a heap of bullshit. it's like wagging your finger and saying "now now, until you can express your anger and outrage at the demonstrably systematic and violent subjugation of your entire race in a more polite way, we're not interested". there's a difference between understanding a riot and condoning a riot. you don't have to agree with an act to appreciate the motivation behind it.

or in other words:

Dr. Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. wrote:It is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard.

peace motherfuckers
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Jay » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:36 am

What I said isn't a deflection, it's a reasoning. Are people mad about the Darren Wilson verdict? Yes. Mad enough to riot? Sure, but are there rioters in the mix who are just lookin to get hooked up? Absolutely.

Police kills a person and it might be based on race. That is a problem. It's total injustice, but it gets way more attention than black on black because it isn't introspective. You can place blame and cry injustice without answering to your own community's problems.

Yes Darren Wilson should be in jail. Michael Brown deserves justice. There needs to be a protest about this and rioting and looting should stop. By why do you have to wait until it's a white guy who pulls the trigger before you start protesting? Why isn't there outrage before that and because of that lack of outrage in violent deaths of black people for whatever reason, why should I take this protest seriously now? It's a straw protest and it's being blown up by the media because it's black vs white. #Blacklivesmatter but only if they were ended by white ones, otherwise they get no news attention.

I can never speak as a black person in a black community but as an outsider looking in there are plenty of problems in their community that result in death and the one that includes cops murdering them is far down the list yet it gets the most hype. There would be no riot if Michael Brown was white, or Darren Wilson was Asian.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Gypsiyee » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:56 pm

I'll go ahead and repeat.. "Their community" is the poor community. The black on black crime you're talking about doesn't happen in middle class suburbia. There's just as much violence in impoverished white areas. This isn't a matter of black people being less civilized. People keep trying to frame it that way, but they overlook the economic aspect entirely.

the thing with outrage in what I will henceforth refer to as poor on poor crime because it's more accurate imo is that nobody cares when they kill each other off because on the whole society doesn't view them as important members of the community. Dog eat dog: the poor can fight the poor, and no one outside that inner circle cares. Likewise, the rich can fight the rich, and the middle class and poor don't care unless it's good for reality tv. No one is going to bat an eye when it doesn't affect anyone outside the circle because it's infighting. When it's an outside influence infiltrating and wreaking havoc, especially when it's someome abusing a position of power, that's when people notice. That's basic human nature. That's why no one hears about 2 active duty members beating the shit out of each other in a bar brawl, but you find out one threw a puppy off a cliff and everyone loses their minds. Equal vs. Equal isn't viewed the same as someone with a power advantage over their victim.
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Jay » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:48 am

Gypsiyee wrote:I'll go ahead and repeat.. "Their community" is the poor community. The black on black crime you're talking about doesn't happen in middle class suburbia. There's just as much violence in impoverished white areas. This isn't a matter of black people being less civilized. People keep trying to frame it that way, but they overlook the economic aspect entirely.

the thing with outrage in what I will henceforth refer to as poor on poor crime because it's more accurate imo is that nobody cares when they kill each other off because on the whole society doesn't view them as important members of the community. Dog eat dog: the poor can fight the poor, and no one outside that inner circle cares. Likewise, the rich can fight the rich, and the middle class and poor don't care unless it's good for reality tv. No one is going to bat an eye when it doesn't affect anyone outside the circle because it's infighting. When it's an outside influence infiltrating and wreaking havoc, especially when it's someome abusing a position of power, that's when people notice. That's basic human nature. That's why no one hears about 2 active duty members beating the shit out of each other in a bar brawl, but you find out one threw a puppy off a cliff and everyone loses their minds. Equal vs. Equal isn't viewed the same as someone with a power advantage over their victim.

While black people aren't prone to be less civilized because of skin color, if this is strictly a poor person thing, then where are the trailer park riots? Yes, socioeconomic status is half the story but so is skin color and the stigma of that skin color brought on by the socioeconomic status of that demographic. I get what you're saying. It's not like a black guy sees another black guy and thinks "WELP, I TYPICALLY DON'T COMMIT CRIMES BUT I REALLY WANNA ROB THIS NIGGA CUZ HE DARK". I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy in that pack mentality. Let's riot and loot our own town over white people but when we kill ourselves, black on black maybe not because they're black but because they're poor sure, let's not say shit, but when whitey kills a guy, let's fucking explode.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Spazz » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:01 am

Brinstar explained this to you jay. I like ya I think your a smart dude but i think your playing devils advocate/being dense on purpose.

Black on black crime gets talked about constantly but its a different subject than the police smoking niggers left and right ( se brinstars post about that) . Hood crime doesnt have the shock value because its business related. Everyone involved in the game knows the risks but is desperate for money so they take them anyway.

lets do a test on what you think is more offensive

Nigga A kills Nigga B becuase he robbed him
Nigga A gets killed by Cop W and no one is entirely sure why. Jay walking and cigars ? Cuz hes black ?

The police have a history of oppression in the hood and you just cant seem to figure out why no one down there trusts them and that really annoys me to a point its difficult to take place in the conversation.
WHITE TRASH METAL SLUMMER
Why Immortal technique?
Perhaps its because I am afraid and he gives me courage.
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Jay » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:00 pm

No Spazz. I agree that none of those cops should be trusted over there. You know me though, I think cops in general are just people trying to do their jobs, at least where I've been.

With that in mind, I'm ok with the community not trusting the cops there and protesting violence and racism. I just don't like the rioting and looting. There's 0 reason for that besides opportunism. I understand that there's outrage, and that's part of it, but it should be used to protest peacefully.

With all that being said, we got protesters and we got mad people breaking shit but where were they when their community members weren't being killed by white cops but by each other, by other circumstances, by drugs etc etc. That just tells me that it's not about the death, it's about having a target and not having to think introspectively as a community.

Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Spazz » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:02 pm

For the 10th time now its not the same thing when a drug dealer pops a rival as it is when an officer of the state shows up and an unarmed teenager gets killed

Theres tons of introspection in the hood. Tons of people tryin to get out tons of people involved in every activist cause you can think of. None of that is the same as police brutality and the news media dont cover that type of shit cuz its not going to get ratings because most of america could give a shit bout niggaz in the hood and what they are up to.

Gyps is right its a class thing and outside of poor areas you dont see people killin each other much at all. Lack of jobs(free trade), sub standard schools and the war on drugs (prisons for profit) are the reasons the hoods fucked up. Oh yea forgot about institutional racism thats kind of an issue as well.

God damn niggers breeding like rabbits and getting government aid the whole while they mamas just teaching them to be a criminals just like dad meanwhile us regular hard working americans are having to make due with less so that we can pay for these welfare moochers im glad they shot that thug and I wish the cops would kill 10 more just like em every day

Lot of america feels that way and thats what all this rage is about i think.
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Spazz » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:13 pm

Also wanted to say . You look at how the media and police acted with open carry texas( white people with ars and aks buying cookies at walmart) and cliven bundy ( White people actually showed up formed a militia and pointed weapons at the police ) Vs the police vs Afro kids with toy guns and its not hard to start to see a really ugly picture starting to form.

They riot in they own hood because they arent allowed to go over to the nice white people side and burn those down instead.
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Gypsiyee » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:23 pm

Interestingly, too, Jay.. after I posted last night, I stumbled across something from Slate that addresses your exact question:

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_ ... rwise.html

but to answer this question:
While black people aren't prone to be less civilized because of skin color, if this is strictly a poor person thing, then where are the trailer park riots?

Kind of the point, really. There aren't trailer park riots because you don't see the same level of abuse in the trailer park. All other things equal, a white poor person is superior to a black poor person. All other things equal, that gun doesn't get pulled on the unarmed white guy in a wife beater in the trailer park. It does get pulled on the unarmed black guy in the saggy pants in the projects. That's the entire issue.

if the situation were reversed, if we were talking about a predominantly white trailer park community with a predominately black police force with a history of some seriously fucked up shit in a case filled with holes and inconsistencies--including outright lies and manipulations of evidence--with an officer who previously served on a police force that had racial tensions between officers and residents so bad the department was disbanded, there would be equal outrage. But we won't see that happen. Not the reverse. Not in America. Not in our lifetime.
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Ganzo » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:14 pm

Gypsiyee wrote:Interestingly, too, Jay.. after I posted last night, I stumbled across something from Slate that addresses your exact question:

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_ ... rwise.html

but to answer this question:
While black people aren't prone to be less civilized because of skin color, if this is strictly a poor person thing, then where are the trailer park riots?

Kind of the point, really. There aren't trailer park riots because you don't see the same level of abuse in the trailer park. All other things equal, a white poor person is superior to a black poor person. All other things equal, that gun doesn't get pulled on the unarmed white guy in a wife beater in the trailer park. It does get pulled on the unarmed black guy in the saggy pants in the projects. That's the entire issue.

if the situation were reversed, if we were talking about a predominantly white trailer park community with a predominately black police force with a history of some seriously fucked up shit in a case filled with holes and inconsistencies--including outright lies and manipulations of evidence--with an officer who previously served on a police force that had racial tensions between officers and residents so bad the department was disbanded, there would be equal outrage. But we won't see that happen. Not the reverse. Not in America. Not in our lifetime.

Gyps,

It's the "chicken and the egg" thing tho as now both sides blame the other.

It's not like the cop is more prone to pull a gun on the unarmed black guy in the saggy pants in the projects because the cop hates black people. The issue is that when the cop goes to the white trash trailer park and stops a wife beating redneck, he does not expects to be shot by this drunk while trash guy. At the same time he is reasonable scared for his life with the guy in the projects as that guy is much more likely to shoot at the com from some concealed weapon.

Is it cops fault that he is trying to protect his own life?
Is is some poor black kids fault that the cop makes a mistake?

The issue is this is the society that already there and people are just living out to their expected roles. It is terrible but rioting will definitely not solve it.
גם זה יעבור

Narrock wrote:Yup, I ... was just trolling.

Narrock wrote:I wikipedia'd everything first.
Ganzo
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby brinstar » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:09 pm

breaking news: no indictment of white NYPD cop who murdered eric garner

go ahead, let's see how you assholes spin this one
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Spazz » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:13 pm

Hey whos shocked about the police being allowed to strangle Eric Garner to death .....Nother dead thug right guys.
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Spazz » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:18 pm

Well if you dont want to get what the fuck kilt by police dont commit any infractions or else all bets are off. Cops arent allowed to choke , its all on film and the dude told them before he died that they were killing him . How the fuck is that alright ?
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Spazz » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:31 pm

Hey jay WHat exactly do the police have to do and how often before you stop with the swell guys hard job line and think that it might be time to talk about police , race and sop ?
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Kaemon » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:45 am

Yeah,

That was a shit verdict. He should have been indicted at least for reckless endangerment or manslaughter.
Video clearly shows he used a choke hold banned by police.
I don't think he was looking to kill him, but the tactic he used clearly took his life.
If anything, the people that should be prosecuted should be the EMT's who's jobs are to resuscitate and they didn't try or refused.

Cops are out to do a job, to protect us from each other. Are some bad? You bet, but there 100x more good cops than there are bad. Do they make mistakes? Yup. I read somewhere that on average 300 more whites are shot from cops than blacks are. Maybe it's because we as a race are a larger population, or maybe there are criminal elements in all races and a Cop does what he has to do most of the time, but no one is talking about that. #whitelivesmatter. #alllivesmatter
Adivina wrote:We are the most bipolar acting community, bunch of manics with the mood swings on here.
Kaemon
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Spazz » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:10 am

I read somewhere that on average 300 more whites are shot from cops than blacks are

Care to post what you were reading. Also yes cops kill white people too they are way to aggressive as I have been screaming for years now. I think i read that in 2012 or 2013 that 76 cops died in the line of duty. That isnt that dangerous or that bad more people a year die doin all types of other work, THis cops need to aggressively protect them selves from us is FUCKING ABSURD.

They kill you then blame the victim over and over and over again and nothing ever changes. Post 9/11 militarized police are not a good thing. Crime rates and violence have beeen going down for years yet the cops keep ramping up like they are going to war why?

The police have been hijacked by financial interests that want to make money of americans by throwing them in prison and citations for everything. Its much easier to do t to poor folks that cant afford million dollar attorneys ( a millionaire in jail is the guiltiest fucker in there ) but its goin on right in front of our faces. Its impossible to do jack shit about it though when theres so many uncle tom type cheer leaders that rah rah for the police and always assume the black guys is a criminal.

Ive been hip to what the police are about since a 10 year old boy watched em beat a crack head named malice green to death on the evening news. I wasnt hip to racism and the way of the world yet but I new that I was seeing something that was totally fucked up and sickening.

A final thought. A lot of people seem to be alright with the police handing out death sentences for the most petty offenses and it makes me really wonder what the fucks wrong with our society.

Untaxed cigarettes well shit you dont wanna get million dollar dreamed to death dont be selling lucies man

Air soft gun well shit man you dont pop by the cops dont ever play with one

jay walking and rillos yea thats a good one to blast shots over as well

How bout pot plants , poker games and back talk are those good excuses to execute americans ?

He rushed me , he was holding a knife , he went for my gun and I thought he had a gun are starting to turn into the checks in the mail i wont cum in your mouth and the dog ate my homework.
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Harrison » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:52 am

jay walking and rillos yea thats a good one to blast shots over as well

You left out, "assaulting the police officer and going for his gun." which the evidence supports.(and the jury agreed with)

As for the extent of the assault? Irrelevant. He went for his gun, and the evidence supports that as well.

You boiling it down to jay walking is downright lying to support your "fuck the police" childish tirade that's about two decades too old now.

You can be against what happened to Eric Garner, Tamir Rice, etc. without having to lump in Michael Brown. It isn't all comparable.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Spazz » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:57 am

He rushed me , he was holding a knife , he went for my gun and I thought he had a gun are starting to turn into the checks in the mail i wont cum in your mouth and the dog ate my homework.
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Spazz » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:00 pm

Speaking of Tamir Rice,

That cop what popped him did it in 2 seconds flat and had previously been fired from another dept for being unfit to serve .

ALso like that you give me 2 good examples of shit things cops do and tell me that fuck the police is silly, man your fuckin retarded.
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Harrison » Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:06 pm

ALso like that you give me 2 good examples of shit things cops do and tell me that fuck the police is silly, man your fuckin retarded.

I'm not sure you're living in the real world.

ALso like that you give me 2 good examples of shit things doctors do and tell me that fuck big pharmaceutical is silly, man your fuckin retarded.

Sound as retarded as the first one? Of course it does. It just doesn't fit your ignorant narrative of a world where cops are the bad guys because some people are shit. At some point you have to grow up. (I think we've been saying this for decades.)
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Spazz » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:32 pm

1 one not talking about doctors showing up at your house and gunning you down. There is no comparison to that whatsoever. A cop is an agent of the state and should not be gunning people down over petty offenses like EVER.-
2 In the real world police are gunning down negroes at a sort of alarming rate weve had several high profile cases over the past months to discuss
3 Mistrust of police who have been caught abusing power has nothing to do with how grown up you are
4 You are still a retard
5 With police shown to get away with violence against black folks over and over again If you believe a word they say you should prolly avoid nigerian princes and people selling land in florida. Even when its on tape there are very rarely any repercussions for any of the questionable antics we have come to see in story after story after story after fucking story.

Last random thoughts. There is never a time you dont side with authority. I think like brin said that to admit a bad shoot means you have to face that maybe things arent on the up and up and there might be a bit of a problem with police and violence in our country. Last an extension of that thought I notice that second amendment types often also very rarely if ever call bad shoot. Its almost as if its to admit that maybe pulling a gun out in any given situation isnt the answer and we cant have that kind of mind bender now can we

Like i asked the other day man, how many times does something have to happen and how often before maybe youll admit theres a problem here with the way the police are out soldiering on our streets? Do you really think cops are out there every night like some gi joes in iraq facing small arms fire and hostiles around every corner ? Whos not living in the real world bitch.
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

PreviousNext

Return to Current Affairs