Political Coordinates

Real Life Events.

Go off topic and I will break you!

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Political Coordinates

Postby Lyion » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:53 am

I'm curious if some are as 'moderate' as they think here:

http://www.celebritytypes.com/political ... s/test.php
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Re: Political Coordinates

Postby Lyion » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:57 am

Explanation of Quadrants

Left-liberalism (Social Liberalism): Individuals in this quadrant seek to uphold individual liberty while taxing the market to provide social benefits for those in need. They tend to see themselves as seeking balance between individual liberty and social justice, and to be in favor of multiculturalism, secular government, and international cooperation. While they are typically skeptical of state involvement in social affairs, they nevertheless see a legitimate role for the state in combating discrimination and ensuring equal treatment.

Right-communitarianism (Conservatism): Individuals in this quadrant seek to retain the traditional social and economic order and to uphold the sovereignty of the state. They tend to see themselves as the defenders of what their forebears would have wanted, favoring strict immigration laws, traditional values, and a strong military. While they typically see a role for the state in matters of national security and culture, they tend to be more skeptical of state involvement in the economy.

Left-communitarianism (Social Democracy): Individuals in this quadrant seek to promote communal solutions to both social and economic problems. They tend to see themselves as supporting a mode of government that curbs the excesses of capitalism and diminishes inequality by virtue of a mixed economy and a universal welfare state. They seek to encourage collective solutions, economic redistribution and shared values throughout society by means of participatory democracy and the state.

Right-liberalism (Libertarianism): Individuals in this quadrant seek to uphold liberty as the primary political good in all respects. They tend to see themselves as staunch supporters of both personal and economic freedom and are deeply skeptical of collective plans and goals, stressing instead the principle of voluntary association and the individual’s capacity to make his own judgments. They typically see less of a role for the state than individuals in the other three quadrants, believing instead in the spontaneous social order of the market.
Attachments
Pol.jpg
Pol.jpg
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby leah » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:53 am

i don't have a screen cap but when i took this the other day i was 61.1% left and 63.9% liberal. HIPPIE ALERT.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby brinstar » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:12 pm

kinda wishy-washy there livin' in the middle lyion ;)

though i don't recall the numbers i got the other day, as usual i am far bottom left. more importantly i think this "quiz" is a pretty jank ripoff of the original political compass test which had more nuanced questions (and available responses)
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Tossica » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:54 am

This thing is BS. Talk about loaded, divisive questions. The other survey is way better. If you click "more options" or whatever, each question has very specific viewpoints for each policy.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Nusk » Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:59 pm

i call bullshit. Obama is about as liberal as Reagan
Nusk
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby brinstar » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:10 pm

^^^ fact