Postby Harrison » Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:19 pm

:banghead:
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Re: paris

Postby Lyion » Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:03 pm

Sadly, ISIL and Al Qaeda are our own creations.

What happened in Paris was sad and misguided. What is occurring in the Middle East right now is heartbreaking and by and large ignored.

What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Drem » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:14 pm

Those numbers are depressing.

And about the attacks... a restaurant? An Eagles of Death Metal concert? Fucking cowards
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Lyion » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:20 am

They had much bigger plans, but they were foiled by security. If they had gotten into the middle of the soccer game and detonated their IED near President Hollande, I imagine things would have gotten even more real.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Zanchief » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:02 am

This entire situation just makes me sad. So we have a fringe Muslim group of shitheads, doesn't matter who it is, that live in a world we know nothing about, that get fucked by people and live with war their whole life. They are desperate enough to do things so heinous and evil that the rest of the world is so outraged that we bomb them. The heinous act that we're so outraged about accounts for a minuscule percentage of the death toll in the war that gets very little publicity, but we erect statues and monuments about these 100 or so white people that died, and in one day of justified retaliation, more innocent people are killed on the other side, and not a shit was given. High fives all around for getting the bad guy. What is the result? We've stopped them! Only now now we've created thousands of more militant people that will hate us in the process. You can't snuff out this ideology by killing them. I don't have a solution but this one won't work. Anything short of genocide will not work.

What's the point? So France has their vengeance, which is exactly what caused the initial violence in the first place, but their vengeance is justified so I guess it's ok. Never forget, white people died here.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Jay » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:17 pm

Zanchief wrote:This entire situation just makes me sad. So we have a fringe Muslim group of shitheads, doesn't matter who it is, that live in a world we know nothing about, that get fucked by people and live with war their whole life. They are desperate enough to do things so heinous and evil that the rest of the world is so outraged that we bomb them. The heinous act that we're so outraged about accounts for a minuscule percentage of the death toll in the war that gets very little publicity, but we erect statues and monuments about these 100 or so white people that died, and in one day of justified retaliation, more innocent people are killed on the other side, and not a shit was given. High fives all around for getting the bad guy. What is the result? We've stopped them! Only now now we've created thousands of more militant people that will hate us in the process. You can't snuff out this ideology by killing them. I don't have a solution but this one won't work. Anything short of genocide will not work.

What's the point? So France has their vengeance, which is exactly what caused the initial violence in the first place, but their vengeance is justified so I guess it's ok. Never forget, white people died here.

France really showed their red white and blue with that one. I don't have an answer either but there has to be one better than killing innocents on their side too and chalking it up to collateral damage and being outraged when they do it to us.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Return to Current Affairs