Donald Trump was nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize

Real Life Events.

Go off topic and I will break you!

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Donald Trump was nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize

Postby Jay » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:15 pm

leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Re: Donald Trump was nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize

Postby Arlos » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:00 pm

a) The Washington Times is a terrible newspaper. It is an incredibly right wing publication run by, and I am not kidding on this, the Moonies. Take any even vaguely editorialized opinion from them with several truckloads of salt.

b) If you read the article, it says that the Nobel committee had received a nominating petition from Trump supporters. It further stated that the Nobel committee accepts all nominations for anyone for prizes. I could have sent them a nomination for Idi Amin or Pol Pot for the award too, and the committee would have accepted the nomination. Nowhere in the article is any mention that Trump would even have the faintest chance of being CONSIDERED by the committee for the award, or that he stands an upwind piss in a hurricane's chance of actually winning it.
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Jay » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:40 pm

leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Jay » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:42 pm

There's a criteria for people who can nominate someone for a Nobel Peace Prize listed here http://www.nobelprize.org/nomination/peace/index.html

Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Return to Current Affairs