Genetics, religion and you = Article number 4?

Real Life Events.

Go off topic and I will break you!

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Genetics, religion and you = Article number 4?

Postby Tossica » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:17 pm

http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn7147

Interesting... makes me wonder if my entire life might have been already mapped out in DNA.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Aires » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:24 pm

Thats kinda wierd it really makes you wonder about your life. I think they maintain their beliefs because, maybe if you have a brother or sister then you hang out a lot with that brother or sister, and you start to think a like because you've lived together for so long. I'm not sure but it sorta makes a little sense.
Most the world is a whole bunch of stupid.
Aires
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:39 pm

sounds like a birth defect

Postby Scoota McGee » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:18 pm

This kinda makes sense. SO when someone "Finds Jesus" or becomes "Born Again" It's just a recessive gene becoming active... Like Parkinson’s disease or Alzheimer’s. Maybe the overly religious should be pitied instead of despised... poor bastards are suffering through a genetic disease.
"Liberals believe government should take people's earnings to give to poor people. Conservatives disagree. They think government should confiscate people's earnings and give them to farmers and insolvent banks. The compelling issue to both conservatives and liberals is not whether it is legitimate for government to confiscate one's property to give to another, the debate is over the disposition of the pillage."

-Dr. Walter Williams
Scoota McGee
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Return to Current Affairs