THE ARNOLD REVOLUTION

Real Life Events.

Go off topic and I will break you!

Moderator: Dictators in Training

THE ARNOLD REVOLUTION

Postby Martrae » Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:55 am

March 17, 2005 -- WE'LL never change the Constitution to let him become president, but Arnold Schwarzenegger is conducting a one-man revolution aimed at providing presidential leadership.

The East Coast media has missed the full dimensions of the California governor's accomplishments and bold proposals. Together, they constitute one of the most astounding, imaginative and forward-thinking agendas in our recent history.

Start with the War on Terror. While President Bush hunts the terrorists down and pressures nation-states to give up their sponsorship of terror gangs, Schwarzenegger is working to solve the problem of Islamic terrorism once and for all — by ending our dependence on foreign oil and stopping the worldwide economic and climatic distortions that global oil usage causes.

He's doing it by providing aggressive state leadership to open the way for hydrogen fuel cell cars. While President Bush speaks of the advent of these vehicles in the indefinite future, Gov. Schwarzenegger is bringing them to the here and now by converting gas stations along California's interstate highways to provide hydrogen fuel as well as gasoline.

With financing projected to come one-third each from federal, state and private sources, California will offer hydrogen fuel every few miles in urban areas and at least every 20 miles along the highway system by 2010. Eventually, he and the leaders of Washington, Oregon, Baja California and British Columbia will work together to create a "hydrogen highway" that will run from B.C. (British Columbia) to B.C. (Baja California).

The Schwarzenegger plan calls for state-subsidized production of hydrogen and for tax incentives for those who purchase hydrogen cars.

Replacing gasoline engines with hydrogen-fuel cells would eliminate two-thirds of America's need for oil — a demand that we could meet entirely with domestically produced oil.

Since California accounts for 20 percent of U.S. new-car purchases, the tail will wag the dog and a national hydrogen grid will become almost inevitable.

But Arnold's revolution also aims to restore democracy at home.

Disgusted by the gerrymandering that led to the re-election of all but a handful of members of Congress in 2000 and 2002 (including all 54 California congressmen in 2002 and everyone but Gary Condit in 2000), Schwarzenegger is acting to end the disgrace on our democracy. He is pushing a voter initiative to adopt the Iowa Plan — to have legislative and congressional districts drawn by independent jurists who aren't permitted to take account of incumbency or party in creating the districts.

The cynical political deals that underscored the post-2000 Census reapportionment made the incumbents of both parties invulnerable and limited the number of swing seats to a mere 5 percent of the House of Representatives. Gov. Arnold will change all that in California. And, as with hydrogen cars, his action will likely awaken voters across the nation to take back their democracy.

Finally, Schwarzenegger is striking at the root of the problem with public education by seeking to smash teacher tenure and pay and promote teachers based on merit, just like other employees in America. The privileged classroom enclave where incompetence is not punished and excellence is not rewarded will be ended in California.

Too bad that so-called education reformers like Hillary Clinton dropped merit-based promotion (which she once supported in Arkansas but dropped when she came to New York, with its virulent teachers union).

If the legislature does not pass the "governator's" tenure-reform and redistricting programs, he'll put these issues on the ballot where they will most likely pass.

In energy, the environment, anti-terrorism, democratic reform and education, Arnold Schwarzenegger is showing us what a governor can do. Are there other governors willing to follow his bold example?

http://www.nypost.com/postopinion/opedc ... /22496.htm
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby The Kizzy » Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:58 am

Damn, sounds like the guy has head head on his shoulders. All those steroids didn't mash his brain, surprisingly.
Zanchief wrote:
Harrison wrote:I'm not dead

Fucker never listens to me. That's it, I'm an atheist.
The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Martrae » Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:03 am

I know...too bad more politicians aren't like him.
Inside each person lives two wolves. One is loyal, kind, respectful, humble and open to the mystery of life. The other is greedy, jealous, hateful, afraid and blind to the wonders of life. They are in battle for your spirit. The one who wins is the one you feed.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Mop » Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:04 am

Since when does steriod use degenerate brain cells?

I love arnold I have supported him for a long time, I doubt he would ever win a majority in voting, I do think he is a better example of what a politician should be.
Narrock wrote:I don't like rabbits. They remind me of this chick I met on teh internet like 5 years ago.
Mop
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Lyion » Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:06 am

He's rich and not a politician. It's amazing what one can accomplish when one isn't owned by Special Interests.

That article ignores Arnolds push for Stem Cell Research in California, as well. Another cutting edge agenda item.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby The Kizzy » Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:07 am

I think Stem Cell research can be a good thing, if properly moderated.
Zanchief wrote:
Harrison wrote:I'm not dead

Fucker never listens to me. That's it, I'm an atheist.
The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Mop » Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:10 am

I am interested in your oppinion of properly moderated...could you elaborate ?

I am extremly biased on the subject so I do not have a rational do not cross line drawn imo at the moment, I am interested in others oppinions.
Narrock wrote:I don't like rabbits. They remind me of this chick I met on teh internet like 5 years ago.
Mop
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Lyion » Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:12 am

I've posted my opinion several times. I'd be curious what you consider 'modareted', also.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Lyion » Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:14 am

Mop wrote:Since when does steriod use degenerate brain cells?

Lyle Alzado's opinion differs from yours in this regard.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Mop » Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:23 am

I will say it will effect brain chemistry leading to a lot of problems, but I have not read (now, my research has been very little on the subject) of steriods leading to actual loss of 'intelligence' Like an effect like marijuana can have on constant abusers. I will see if I can find something on it in a bit.

That being said my research has not been in depth on the subject since I wouldn't train someone who wished to use them and I wouldn't pretend to know 100% about them.

Now to stem cells, considering that I probaly wont be able to walk when I am in my later years due to this, that I have to give up things I love ( running) that I have days when walking up 4 steps is extremly painful, that I have to go through days and weeks sometimes where I am extremely depressed, I have mood swings, and constant pain somwhere in my body - And Stem Cell research at the current time is the only thing on the horizon that could cure (not alleviate), again being biased there are very few and far between lines I would draw.
Mop
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Diabolik » Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:04 am

I like Arnold as Governor.
Mindia wrote:Yes Kizzy, and if given the opportunity I would love to SPIT in your face right now, you fucking PIG.
Diabolik
NT Bixie
NT Bixie

Postby Aires » Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:22 am

I bet Arnold would make a good president because he's looking at a solution that may actually work. Because i don't think that we could wipe out all the terrorist cells for good, they would probably come back in 10-20 years and blow us all up.
Most the world is a whole bunch of stupid.
Aires
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby Harrison » Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:31 pm

He's a good politician because he is not a politician.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Zanchief » Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:40 pm

He's a good actor because he is Conan The Barbarian.
Zanchief

Postby Tacks » Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:47 pm

lol
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Lyion » Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:16 pm

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. And to hear da lamentations of da womenz.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Ginzburgh » Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:40 pm

Fuck yeah, Conan the Barbarian for president. And I bet if he can run at some point he will win.
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby brinstar » Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:10 pm

i'm impressed
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Rust » Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:18 pm

Ginzburgh wrote:Fuck yeah, Conan the Barbarian for president. And I bet if he can run at some point he will win.

I just can't see the social conservatives that control the GOP nominating him. He's just too liberal on social issues. Maybe 30 years ago when moderate Republicans had a chance, but in the last 20 the litmus test by the Christian Right has exercised a veto on any moderates being nominated.

--R.
Rust Martialis -- Spiritwatcher of War/Valorguard/The Nameless

"There are angels on our curtains; they keep the outside out.
And there are lions on our curtains; they lick their wounds, they lick their doubt." -- 'Curtains', Peter Gabriel
Rust
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Tossica » Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:24 pm

I'm impressed as well.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Phlegm » Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:29 pm

Diabolik wrote:I like Arnold as Governor.

Tell that to the school administrators and teachers here in California.... Arnie just lopped off 2 billion dollars earmark for the school systems. Lots of teachers are gettting pink slips at the end of the year. Lots of schools are closing also.
Phlegm
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Lyion » Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:41 pm

The California Educational System is a bloated nasty behemoth that needs to be gutted and recreated from the ground up. The teachers union fosters asstastic teachers who should be fired en masse.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Ganzo » Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:42 pm

With state American education system is in, all the admins and teachers need to go. California can start with new system from scratch
גם זה יעבור

Narrock wrote:Yup, I ... was just trolling.

Narrock wrote:I wikipedia'd everything first.
Ganzo
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Lyion » Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:56 pm

Too slow, Old man!

I'm hoping Arnie stays in Cali. He can probably do more good being reelected there than heading to DC to squabble with the entrenched idiots.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Narrock » Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:22 pm

Phlegm wrote:
Diabolik wrote:I like Arnold as Governor.

Tell that to the school administrators and teachers here in California.... Arnie just lopped off 2 billion dollars earmark for the school systems. Lots of teachers are gettting pink slips at the end of the year. Lots of schools are closing also.

Arnie is fighting the stupid unions, not the teachers. I fully support Arnie, and so does my fiance who is a teacher here in the Sacramento area.
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Next

Return to Current Affairs