Prison for murder

Real Life Events.

Go off topic and I will break you!

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Prison for murder

Postby Diekan » Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:57 pm

How many of you think a 25 year prison term is enough of a punishment if one is convicted of murder? Or, for that matter is any length of time *enough* for murder?

I'm pretty pro death penalty and, personally, think they should fry your ass for not only murder but rape and child molestation, but that's just my opinion.
Diekan
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby DangerPaul » Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:07 pm

murder or manslaughter or what? ellaborate more.
DangerPaul
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Diekan » Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:14 pm

ok...

murder as in first degree/second degree... wife kills husband to be with lover... husband kills wife to collect insurance money... thug kills man at ATM machine and takes his wallet... robber kills victim to prevent being ID'ed... neighbor kills neighbor over *dispute*... that's the sort of this I am talking about.

manslaughter is a different story...
Diekan
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Gaazy » Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:17 pm

life in assrape prison is ok, death penelty even better. i think someone that commits murder should die an equally painful death or worse than the person he/she commited the murdered against.
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby DangerPaul » Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:21 pm

I think they should be publicly hung on TV, if they are proven to have committed the murder. The people who get off because the cop screwed up or whatever piss me off worse. I am too tired to really give my thoughts on it.
DangerPaul
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Rust » Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:46 pm

It really depends on the crime. You've got your options of premeditated (1st degree), on-the-spot (2nd degree) and accidental (manslaughter).

For first degree murder, I don't have a problem with life without parole for the more extreme cases. Second degree, where it was more a crime of passion or something, I don't think locking someone up forever would be right.

The main problem I have with the death penalty is the guys who get acquitted after 5 or 10 years. Not the ones who get off on a technicality, but the ones who get the old apology-plus-cash-settlement-we-got-the-total-wrong-guy kind. Some of these guys were hours or days from execution, and then they find out they were innocent.

I can't feel sorry for a real killer who's locked up waiting to die, but I don't want one innocent person, ever, sitting on death row knowing that someday soon, someone is going to cooly, calmly drag him out, strap him down, and shove a needle in his arm and kill him, knowing he didn't do it. The absolute horror that picture has for me, and our inability to 'make up' for killing an innocent person, is terrifying, and I don't want my government ever putting anyone in that position. At least with a jail sentence you have a chance of proving you're innocent.

The police and prosecutors have shown over and over that sometimes they get the wrong guy, either by accident or intentionally. I'm not God, they're not God, and to me the risk of being wrong and killing an innocent person is simply unacceptable.

I think the guy who shot the judge deserves the chair, but I can't think of a workable system that frys guys like him while making sure wrongly convicted people are spared. And given that, I have decided I am opposed to the death penalty. The ones who do it on camera and laugh about it in the court room are hugely outweighted by the cases where nobody saw him do it, the evidence is murky and the prosecutions case rests on a jailhouse snitch swearing the defendant admitted itm wuth the defendant denying it all. You show me a system where the first guy, by the rules, gets the needle and the second guy can't, and maybe I can accept it.

I just don't think you can be sure enough.

--R.
Rust Martialis -- Spiritwatcher of War/Valorguard/The Nameless

"There are angels on our curtains; they keep the outside out.
And there are lions on our curtains; they lick their wounds, they lick their doubt." -- 'Curtains', Peter Gabriel
Rust
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby The Kizzy » Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:26 am

My brother got 20.
Zanchief wrote:
Harrison wrote:I'm not dead

Fucker never listens to me. That's it, I'm an atheist.
The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Scoota McGee » Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:33 am

I'm sure some people are acquitted of a capital offense hours before their execution. My guess is it's probably about the same number of people who win the lottery. I'm sure someone can scratch up a link to a site that compares the number of executions to the number of people acquitted of an executable offense; but my point is this: Should laws be tailored around exceedingly rare events?
"Liberals believe government should take people's earnings to give to poor people. Conservatives disagree. They think government should confiscate people's earnings and give them to farmers and insolvent banks. The compelling issue to both conservatives and liberals is not whether it is legitimate for government to confiscate one's property to give to another, the debate is over the disposition of the pillage."

-Dr. Walter Williams
Scoota McGee
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Captain Insano » Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:55 am

2nd degree murder should be like 15 years. People get mad and shit happens... Story ensueing....

I was in a club the other night with my buddy and two dudes came up and starting fucking with a couple of girls that rode with my friend... One of these guys grabbed one of the girls hands and crushed it and she yelped and pulled her hand back and starting talking shit to him for being such a dumbass...

Long story short the two dickheads left with the girls still clowning on them then decided to turn around and come back... My friend and I had our back to them at this point and didn't realize they had returned until fag #1 sucker punched him in the side of the head... At that point I promptly put him in a sleeper hold and swept his legs out from under him...... The first thing to hit the ground was hit head... I split the back of his skull open a bit and blood went everywhere and he got knocked out cold....

Now as bad as this sounds this is the guy who assaulted the girl earlier...

Well his FAT fucking bitch friend decides to start punching me in the back of the head while I still had his buddy tied up like a pretzel on the ground... So I quickly let go of the knocked out dude then went to go after fatboy at which time 7-10 bouncers tackled me and my friend...

Fatboy had backed up to the wall right before the bouncers came with fear in his eyes... Soon as I was under control he decides to look at me and start laughing with a cocky sneer like his fatass beat me or something...

The point of this whole story.... Had the bouncers not came I am quite sure that kid would be either in intensive care or dead right now. I still fantasize about beating him absolutely to a bloody pulp.

Therefore 2nd degree murder shouldn't have that much of a penalty. Sometimes people just deserve to get killed or come very close to it.
Tossica: No, you're gay because you suck on cocks.

Darcler:
Get rid of the pictures of the goofy looking white guy. That opens two right there.

Mazzletoffarado: That's me fucktard
Vivalicious wrote:Lots of females don't want you to put your penis in their mouths. Some prefer it in their ass.
Captain Insano
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby DangerPaul » Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:36 am

ralfmacchio wrote: words, words, words,words, words, words,words, words, words,words, words, words,words, words, words,words, words, words,words, words, words,words, words, words,words, words, words,words, words, words,

Therefore 2nd degree murder shouldn't have that much of a penalty. Most people just deserve to get killed.

fixt
DangerPaul
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Lyion » Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:01 am

I'm against the death penalty.

25 years is a long time. Think of how old you'll be in 25 years. Now consider spending those years in an 8x11 cell.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Skrum » Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:26 am

I would be more in favor of life in prison if the fuckers didn't get tv, exercise rooms, etc etc.
Skrum
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby DangerPaul » Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:59 am

Blame Attica for that. I agree, prison should not be a nice place to go. No TV, no VCRs, no cigarettes, have to work chain gangs, etc. Basically prison should be so bad that if you owned hell and prison, you would live in hell and rent out prison.
DangerPaul
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby The Kizzy » Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:05 am

If they didnt have things like TV and commisaries and outside, etc etc, they would rot to death and kill each other.

Yes they committed a crime, yes they were found guilty, yes they are paying for what they did. When they get out, it is impossible to get a good job. My brother will be 38 when he is released, 28 if he gets out on parole. That leaves 30-40 more years of washing dishes or bussing tables, possibly never having his own children, and barely making ends meet all because he was driving the car when the passanger whipped out a shotgun and killed someone. DId he go straight to the police? No, he was fucking scared, my parents had to install a security system at their house because he threatened to kill my mother in her sleep. He finally turned himself in and gave teh police the whole story, and still got 20 years. I think that is wrong. I still believe 10 years would have been more than enough time.
Zanchief wrote:

The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Martrae » Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:14 am

Not trying to sounds smartass here....but how do you happen to be driving a car with someone with a shotgun and not know something bad was bound to happen?
Inside each person lives two wolves. One is loyal, kind, respectful, humble and open to the mystery of life. The other is greedy, jealous, hateful, afraid and blind to the wonders of life. They are in battle for your spirit. The one who wins is the one you feed.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tacks » Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:19 am

He probably did, but accessory to murder and 20 years don't mix really. Any number of things could have happened.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby The Kizzy » Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:20 am

He knew what was supposed to happen. That was still wrong. Threaten someone for some money or something. Gun wasnt even supposed to have ammo. He was wrong. He got all wrapped up in drugs and wasn't thinking straight. He by no means was completly innocent. Thats why I said 10 years should have been sufficient.

Prosecuting attorneys will lie and cheat and bend and stretch evidence to make their case. They don't care about the families they affect they care about another win for there record. (that was directed at the comment above, not about my brother)
Zanchief wrote:

The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Skrum » Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:37 am

If I was homeless, I would go kill a few people so I could get a free ride for life on the taxpayer dime.
Skrum
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby kaharthemad » Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:40 am

Ok kizzy not to sound disrepsectful to you or or bro...but lets look at this from a different stand point. do you think 10 years for accesory would be just fine and dandy if say the shotgun sprayed your kid all over the pavement?
kaharthemad
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Tacks » Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:42 am

He didn't pull the trigger. It takes a different type of person to do that. I don't think her brother is/was a killer.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Eziekial » Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:06 am

What about letting the families of the victims decide what punishment the criminal gets? Through out cruel and unusual clause and let the wife/husband/brother/parents decide.
Eziekial
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Tacks » Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:15 am

What a horrible idea. Their decisions would be made purely on emotion in 99% of the cases.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Eziekial » Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:19 am

So? I bet it would cut down crime.

Can you imagine what Ralph or Paul would want done to someone who messed up their kid? Talk about a deterrent!
Eziekial
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Martrae » Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:21 am

Only people without family would get murdered. :)
Inside each person lives two wolves. One is loyal, kind, respectful, humble and open to the mystery of life. The other is greedy, jealous, hateful, afraid and blind to the wonders of life. They are in battle for your spirit. The one who wins is the one you feed.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tacks » Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:22 am

You'd also have a shit ton of innocent people getting fried for no reason. Hell who needs a judge and jury! Just let mom and pops decide your fate. Actually no, lets just roll a 12 sided die and see what you come up with, odd number you fry, even number you get to go.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Next

Return to Current Affairs