Real Life Events.

Go off topic and I will break you!

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Where da white women at?

Postby Martrae » Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:30 am

Census finds college-educated white women earn less than blacks, Asians
Monday, March 28, 2005
By GENARO C. ARMAS Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON (AP) — Black and Asian women with bachelor’s degrees earn more than similarly educated white women, and white men with four-year degrees make more than anyone else.

A white woman with a bachelor’s degree typically earned nearly $37,800 in 2003, compared with nearly $43,700 for a college-educated Asian woman and $41,100 for a college-educated black woman, according to data being released Monday by the Census Bureau. Hispanic women took home slightly less at $37,600 a year.

The bureau did not say why the differences exist. Economists and sociologists suggest possible factors: the tendency of minority women, especially blacks, to more often hold more than one job or work more than 40 hours a week, and the tendency of black professional women who take time off to have a child to return to the work force sooner than others.

Employers in some fields may give extra financial incentives to young black women, who graduate from college at higher rates than young black men, said Roderick Harrison, a researcher at the Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies, a think tank that studies minority issues.

“Given the relative scarcity, if you are a woman in the sciences — if you are a black woman — you would be a rare commodity,” Harrison said.

Because study in the area is limited, it is hard to pinpoint specific reasons, said Barbara Gault, research director at the Washington-based Institute for Women’s Policy Research.

“It could be the fields that educated black women are choosing,” she said. “It also could be related to the important role that black women play in the total family income in African-American families.

Notions that black women are struggling financially as much other groups are should not be dismissed, Gault added.

For instance, nearly 39 percent of families headed by a single black woman were in poverty, compared with 21 percent of comparable white women, according to census estimates released last year.

A white male with a college diploma earns far more than any similarly educated man or woman — in excess of $66,000 a year, according to the Census Bureau. Among men with bachelor’s degrees, Asians earned more than $52,000 a year, Hispanics earned $49,000 and blacks earned more than $45,000.

Workplace discrimination and the continuing difficulties of minorities to get into higher-paying management positions could help explain the disparities among men, experts say.

Demographics may offer an explanation: There are millions more college-educated white men in better paying jobs than there are black, Hispanic or Asian men.

Minorities also suffered more financially as a result of the 2001 recession and its aftermath, as has been the case with past economic downturns, said Jared Bernstein, chief economist with the Economic Policy Institute.

The figures come from the Census Bureau’s annual look at educational achievement in America, culled from a survey in March 2004. Questions about income were asked for the previous calendar year.

Regardless of race or gender, a college graduate on average earned over $51,000, compared with $28,000 for someone with only a high school diploma or an equivalent degree. College-educated men typically made $63,000, compared with $33,000 for men with just a high school education.

Among women, a college graduate earned more than $38,000, compared with nearly $22,000 for a high school graduate.

The data also showed that:

—The percentage of people age 25 and older who completed at least four years of college rose again in 2004, to 27.7 percent, compared with 27.2 percent in 2003. There were increases in all race and ethnic categories.

—About 29 percent of all men in the same age category finished four years of college, compared with 26 percent of women.

—The gap between men and women has narrowed since the 1970s as younger, more educated women steadily replace older, less-educated women in the work force. For example, among 25- to 29-year-olds, more than 31 percent of women have finished at least four years of college, compared with 26 percent of men.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Lyion » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:02 am

They need to take the income of the convenience store robberies and crack dealing into account, and suddenly black men shoot to the top of the list.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Donnel » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:06 am

/g >>> Stereotypes INC <<<
Donnel
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Tossica » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:08 am

haha. Racist jokes. LMAO... :umno:
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Martrae » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:09 am

Just imagine if they had college degrees. ;)
Inside each person lives two wolves. One is loyal, kind, respectful, humble and open to the mystery of life. The other is greedy, jealous, hateful, afraid and blind to the wonders of life. They are in battle for your spirit. The one who wins is the one you feed.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tikker » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:38 am

When you said that I got a flashback to a Simpsons episode, where the mob takes over Krusty's clown college

"Kids today have a lot of money. when you're done performing at their birthday, you may want to consider robbing them"
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Jennay » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:48 am

They don't know why the difference between the races exist, so why bother? THere is no difference really.. Being smart has nothing to do with the color of your skin I thought.
Jennay
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Captain Insano » Mon Mar 28, 2005 4:03 pm

Jennay wrote:They don't know why the difference between the races exist, so why bother? THere is no difference really.. Being smart has nothing to do with the color of your skin I thought.

there's no difference between the races huh?

Thats funny... I noticed mostly black males dominating every major sport in this country... Could it be that they are genetically superior in a physical aspect when compared to whites, asians and latinos?

What about the mental and behavioral differences between the races?

Oh wait i forgot... We can't talk about that even if it was scientifically proven because it would be labeled as racist propaganda.

I truly believe that if the scientific community conducted a massive study they would find that men and women and the various races abroad have vast differences physically, mentally and in respect to behavior.

Black males are more prone than anyone I have enountered en masse to have violent and criminal tendencies. I guarantee part of that is genetic... if you ask liberals I'm sure they would tell you it is just because they live in ghettos and listen to rap music and I call bullshit.
Tossica: No, you're gay because you suck on cocks.

Darcler:
Get rid of the pictures of the goofy looking white guy. That opens two right there.

Mazzletoffarado: That's me fucktard
Vivalicious wrote:Lots of females don't want you to put your penis in their mouths. Some prefer it in their ass.
Captain Insano
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Harrison » Mon Mar 28, 2005 4:12 pm

Well we did breed blacks like horses for their physical qualities...

Science is too deeply influenced by politics for things like that to be properly researched.

The NAACP would shit a brick and Jesse Jackson would fucking throw a fucking "JIHAD"-level fit.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Lyion » Mon Mar 28, 2005 4:36 pm

There are physiological differences. That said, learned behavior plays a large part in what's what.

There are still prejudiced in society, but it's a two way street.

Studies like this are small and wholly subjective.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Captain Insano » Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:06 pm

I bet if they conducted a large scale study on the brains of the various races the differences would be significant. It will never happen though... To much politics.

Darcler:
Get rid of the pictures of the goofy looking white guy. That opens two right there.

Vivalicious wrote:Lots of females don't want you to put your penis in their mouths. Some prefer it in their ass.
Captain Insano
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Narrock » Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:19 pm

ralfmacchio wrote:I bet if they conducted a large scale study on the brains of the various races the differences would be significant. It will never happen though... To much politics.

They already did that Ralph. Asians have the largest brains, followed by Caucasians.
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Jennay » Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:19 pm

Oh I totally know what you mean Ralph, I'm just saying that when it comes down to being smart, the only obstacle in the way of becoming great and honing that is determination and perserverance... it's just that some blacks seem to have a harder time getting there than others because of the communities and ways of living that they've grown accustomed to. Some feel that they should have the world handed to them on a silver platter because of the injustice their ancestors had to go through, like it's "owed" to them, and many know they have to work just as hard as anyone else to get ahead. That goes for any race to some degree. I'm the same way when it comes down to rich Chaldean brats who get whatever they want from their parents including the college degree... my mom and dad worked so hard to get what they have now, but still could not afford to send 5 kids to college, so it's all up to us... whereas someone who just got off the boat, gets tax breaks and just has to open a party store or business and gets rich within 10 years. It's just life, and an endless cycle until you decide you wanna break it. Damn I'm sleepy.. what the fuck did I just write here? Oh.
Jennay
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Harrison » Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:41 pm

Brain size in humans is irrelevent.

It was projected that einstein's brain was significantly smaller than average.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Diabolik » Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:42 pm

Harrison wrote:Well we did breed blacks like horses for their physical qualities...

True, but the factor that weighed heaviest was the fact that only the strongest slaves survived the trip from Africa in the slave ships.
Mindia wrote:Yes Kizzy, and if given the opportunity I would love to SPIT in your face right now, you fucking PIG.
Diabolik
NT Bixie
NT Bixie

Postby Harrison » Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:58 pm

That was also a contributing factor I overlooked.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby mappatazee » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:26 pm

Oh goodness I just watched American History X too.
mappatazee
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Captain Insano » Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:14 am

FYI... curb stomping someone won't actually kill them... It just unhinges their jaw...

An acquaintance of mine did it to an insurgent in iraq and it didn't work. He had to finish him off with his sidearm.

Darcler:

Captain Insano
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Jimmy Durante » Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:35 am

Jennay wrote:Oh I totally know what you mean Ralph, I'm just saying that when it comes down to being smart, the only obstacle in the way of becoming great and honing that is determination and perserverance... it's just that some blacks seem to have a harder time getting there than others because of the communities and ways of living that they've grown accustomed to. Some feel that they should have the world handed to them on a silver platter because of the injustice their ancestors had to go through, like it's "owed" to them, and many know they have to work just as hard as anyone else to get ahead.

You've boiled it down to it's essence.

I've noticed in the African American community, being labeled as a "sellout" or "acting white" by your peers when attempting to excel at fields other than sports or entertainment is a forgone conclusion. From what I've observed, this appears to be an exclusively American phenomenon, as I've met a considerable number of blacks from Kenya, Nigeria and England who relied entirely on work ethic and dedication to better themselves in white collar fields, and they lacked the "sellout" detterent their American counterparts faced. What puzzles me is how African Americans have made great strides in order to have a vast amount of resources available to them, and...not make use of them :eyecrazy:
Jimmy Durante
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby labbats » Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:43 am

What I'm amazed at, is that they are less than 20% of the population, but have half the television shows.
labbats
Mr. Ed
Mr. Ed

Postby Martrae » Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:43 am

It's because we haven't fostered independence in America for a long time. We instead foster reliance on government for food and housing and retirement.

We are the ultimate culture of 'gimme'.
Inside each person lives two wolves. One is loyal, kind, respectful, humble and open to the mystery of life. The other is greedy, jealous, hateful, afraid and blind to the wonders of life. They are in battle for your spirit. The one who wins is the one you feed.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby labbats » Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:47 am

Gimme a break.

<3
labbats
Mr. Ed
Mr. Ed

Postby Gaazy » Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:50 am

fucking BET, flipping past that channel makes me want to puke, so what would happen if we had a WET (White Entertainment Television)? or a United Caucasion College Fund? We woul dbe lynched by Sir Jesee Fucking Jackson and THe Reverend Al Fucking Sharpton.
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby labbats » Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:57 am

Gaazy wrote:fucking BET, flipping past that channel makes me want to puke, so what would happen if we had a WET (White Entertainment Television)? or a United Caucasion College Fund? We woul dbe lynched by Sir Jesee Fucking Jackson and THe Reverend Al Fucking Sharpton.

See my post under Miss Congeniality 2
labbats
Mr. Ed
Mr. Ed

Postby Lyion » Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:59 am

We do have WET. It's called Foxnews. :rofl:
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Next

Return to Current Affairs